Passport Req..
09 March 2013
VISA ISSUED...
14 Feb 2014
LANDED..........
26 feb 2014
plsssss help....
can anyone chk ur status and tell me...

when i chk status online it shows...application recd on 7th jan ...
and when i click :Application for Permanent Residence in Canada" it shows a table..where --IN PROCESS (A decision has not been made yet.) is highlighted in red colour..
then comes WITHDRAWN (An application can only be withdrawn when your application is IN PROCESS.) this is green coloured
then comes DECISION MADE (A decision has been made at this point.) showsn in blue colour...
and COMPLETE(This is the last step in the processing of your application.) again in green,,,
does green colour denotes file closed since i was asked to submit before 18 may]

micmac101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2010
North Shore of New Brunswick
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
LANDED..........
Husband arrived October 17,2014
rani2728 said:
plsssss help....
can anyone chk ur status and tell me...

when i chk status online it shows...application recd on 7th jan ...
and when i click :Application for Permanent Residence in Canada" it shows a table..where --IN PROCESS (A decision has not been made yet.) is highlighted in red colour..
then comes WITHDRAWN (An application can only be withdrawn when your application is IN PROCESS.) this is green coloured
then comes DECISION MADE (A decision has been made at this point.) showsn in blue colour...
and COMPLETE(This is the last step in the processing of your application.) again in green,,,
does green colour denotes file closed since i was asked to submit before 18 may]
No all these steps are what a file goes through until the end meaning then it will be completed. Usually it will also say meds received or redone and so forth.....

MizAngel

Star Member
Feb 14, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/02/2014
Doc's Request.
11/03/2014
AOR Received.
23/04/2014
File Transfer...
09/05/2014
Med's Done....
19/02/2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 12/08/2014, CoPR 20/08/2014
LANDED..........
23/08/2014
Hi again,

Another fun question - my fiance doesn't know the address of his half sister or his step-sisters, is it okay to put "unknown" or something similar on the application where we fill out his sibling address information, or do we have to try to find all their addresses? My fiance is not in contact with any of them and his step-father isn't in contact with one of his daughters, so it would be next to impossible to find her address.

Thanks!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
"Unknown" is fine... It is not reasonable for extended, fragmented families to always be aware of each others locations.

anshu

Sep 5, 2013
HELP ON IMM 5669

i am an Indian married to a Canadian citizen for past 2 years and now he is going to sponsor me , i have all my documents ready with upfront medical and PCC. but i am facing problem with answering IMM 5669 Questions 7 & 8.
What should be written in column of "field of study" in question 7. as for my matriculation and for question 8 what should be written in column "status in country".

Next problem is that my graduation degree has my name misspelled rest all academic certificates and national identity documents have correct spelling of my name, is it right to send an affidavit along with my degree stating this mistake?

Please guide me

MizAngel

Star Member
Feb 14, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/02/2014
Doc's Request.
11/03/2014
AOR Received.
23/04/2014
File Transfer...
09/05/2014
Med's Done....
19/02/2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 12/08/2014, CoPR 20/08/2014
LANDED..........
23/08/2014
zardoz said:
"Unknown" is fine... It is not reasonable for extended, fragmented families to always be aware of each others locations.
Thanks!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
rani2728 said:
PLS PLS HELP..I M NEW TO THIS FORUM AND M A JAN APPLICANT AND HAD MISSED MAILS SENT TO ME IN APRIL...MY HUSBAND IS DIVORCED AND THE MAIL SAYS
( SEND - Complete divorce petition/statement of claim for your sponsor's first marriage.
[The above must be received at our office by: 18May2013]

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN "Complete divorce petition/statement of claim for your sponsor's first marriage"

WE HAD ATTACHED ONE PAGE DIV CERTIFICATE..
AND
SINCE I FOUND THE MAIL TODAY CAN I SEND FOR ABOVE DATE HAS ALREADY GONE AND FILE MUST HAVE BEEN CLOSED...
Normally if you do not respond, they follow up a second time and if you still do not respond THEN they close the file. You should contact them ASAP - I'd send a written letter via courier - and state that you just received their request.

bethfaint

Star Member
Oct 9, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-26-2012
AOR Received.
12-21-2012
Med's Done....
10-20-2012
LANDED..........
12-11-2013
Re: HELP ON IMM 5669

anshu said:
i am an Indian married to a Canadian citizen for past 2 years and now he is going to sponsor me , i have all my documents ready with upfront medical and PCC. but i am facing problem with answering IMM 5669 Questions 7 & 8.
What should be written in column of "field of study" in question 7. as for my matriculation and for question 8 what should be written in column "status in country".

Next problem is that my graduation degree has my name misspelled rest all academic certificates and national identity documents have correct spelling of my name, is it right to send an affidavit along with my degree stating this mistake?

Please guide me
an affidavit verified by a notary public should be fine. or if you can get the institution that issued you your graduation degree to send another one with the correct spelling that would be even better!

I got as many things as I could notarised with my application. It really cant hurt!

maronvomra

Star Member
Mar 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
SVO received PP 17-Mar-2014, DM on Apr-12, 2014
Hi All,
I have a question regarding the form IMM 5540 "Sponsor Questionnaire".

On question 8 it asks where I have resided over other than Canada. Since I am a citizen of Bangladesh so definitely I lived there. so do I need to provide all the addresses I lived over there?
and on question 9 it asks which canadian visa office issued your immigrant visa/confirmation of PR? what to put in here. The one time entry visa I got says issued at Buffalo and if I remember correctly I send my PR application to Sydney, nova scotia on Dec 15, 2011. so what to put in here?

Thanks.

frege

Jun 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-12-2011
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
28-11-2012 (copy only)
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
LANDED..........
15-12-2012
Hungary said:
Hi Guys,

Reading your conversation, it popped a question into my head.
IF I happen to get the TD (which I still believe I won't btw because I am "old") but anyways, so I get the TD , travel to Canada, apply for my new PR card..... Then what status will I have? I mean will I be a NEW PR or will I be a PR for 20 years only with a brand new card.
I am asking this, because as you know, I will have to sponsor right away, or at least in the first couple of months, will I be eligible? Or I will have to wait 5 years as well?
Oh Oh and the other question is that in case I would get the TD and could renew my PR card, and the 5 years is not applicable for me, can I even start the citizenship procedure? ::)

I do know well, that I wont get the TD but it feels good to think positive sometimes... :-[ :)
What people are usually told is that they should wait two years after returning to Canada before sponsoring, because if they apply to sponsor, their PR can be re-evaluated. In your case, this wouldn't apply, however.

There is a policy against reversing a PR determination made in a PRTD application if the new decision is being made on substantially the same set of facts. What this means is that your PR status will have some protection because of the way the PRTD application was decided. However, if you spend a considerable amount of time outside Canada after obtaining the PRTD, you could be opening yourself up to a new officer making a new determination, if they can argue that the facts have changed, due to additional time spent outside Canada. If you stay in Canada after becoming a PR a PRTD decision in your favour, then this argument can't be made. You should also be safe during any time (say on vacation) that you are being accompanied abroad by your husband, since he's a Canadian citizen.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
frege said:
What people are usually told is that they should wait two years after returning to Canada before sponsoring, because if they apply to sponsor, their PR can be re-evaluated. In your case, this wouldn't apply, however.

There is a policy against reversing a PR determination made in a PRTD application if the new decision is being made on substantially the same set of facts. What this means is that your PR status will have some protection because of the way the PRTD application was decided. However, if you spend a considerable amount of time outside Canada after obtaining the PRTD, you could be opening yourself up to a new officer making a new determination, if they can argue that the facts have changed, due to additional time spent outside Canada. If you stay in Canada after becoming a PR, then this argument can't be made. You should also be safe during any time (say on vacation) that you are being accompanied abroad by your husband, since he's a Canadian citizen.
Right, the rule is that if you are granted a PRTD on H&C grounds, you should apply for a new PR card once you are in Canada. Essentially, someone (the visa officer) has decided that you are excused from the residency obligation this time. You should bring yourself into compliance but you won't be subject to another residency obligation review.

I hope they do issue Hungary a PRTD. While it would be a little non-standard, as I've pointed out several times all the VO can do in this case is create a lot of extra paperwork. With a clean PCC and no other issues, I'd just cut the process short. But that is the VO's judgment to make of course (and it's likely the same VO will end up looking at the PR application in four months time if they do refuse the PRTD.)

frege

Jun 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-12-2011
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
28-11-2012 (copy only)
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
LANDED..........
15-12-2012
computergeek said:
I hope they do issue Hungary a PRTD. While it would be a little non-standard, as I've pointed out several times all the VO can do in this case is create a lot of extra paperwork. With a clean PCC and no other issues, I'd just cut the process short. But that is the VO's judgment to make of course (and it's likely the same VO will end up looking at the PR application in four months time if they do refuse the PRTD.)
I hope so too. Fingers crossed.

Daisyd5

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
Hi Everyone

The immigration officer treating our file asked for further documentation which my husband and I sent. My assumption is that this means they are treating our file correct? But when I go online to check the status of our appication it says they cannot find our information. I am sponsoring my husband so I put in his family name and his client Id number but nothing.

bolt

Sep 3, 2013
Daisyd5, have you tried looking up the application using your name and the receipt number or UCI number you got when you paid the fees. We paid the fees up front and I was able to see my wife's application as her sponsor. I used my name and either the receipt number or UCI number... I can't remember.

TeamSlovCan

Dec 28, 2012
I just checked ECAS after not having checked it for over a week and...it says DM! I'm worried though be because it seems fast. We are April 3013 applicants and applied London Outland for family class common law.

How long from 'DM' on ECAS until you hear anything on average? Do they send an actual letter or an email?

Thanks guys. I haven't commented a lot but I've been reading this forum for months now. Thanks to everyone for all the help throughout!