N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
computergeek said:
Nope. The lock-in date is actually the date received by CPC-M. You can see it listed in your GCMS notes under "lock-in date". I actually went and looked at our GCMS notes to confirm my recollection. Six days after courier delivery.
Ya I just checked ours. Locked in May 10th. The same day it was received in Mississauga.

Mrs.

Star Member
Nov 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 18 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 8 2012
File Transfer...
Nov 9 2012
Med's Done....
July 19 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jan 28 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 5 2013
LANDED..........
June 19 2013
CanadianJeepGuy said:
Ya I just checked ours. Locked in May 10th. The same day it was received in Mississauga.
Thanks for the responses. I looked at the letter sent to me by CPC-M and it confirms receipt of my application to sponsor my husband is October 18th.

The file was transferred to Accra VO on November 9th.

When the regulation was put into effect, i did not notice the specification of stage 1 or 2.

I just read it on the CIC website "The conditional measure only applies to permanent residents whose applications are received on or after October 25, 2012—the day that the amendments came into force."

It does not specify where the application is received nor the "lock-in" date.

If anything should happen, this would be a gray area in the argument.

zedekiah08

Apr 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
Doc's Request.
31-01-2013
AOR Received.
01-02-2013
Med's Request
very soon
Med's Done....
none
VISA ISSUED...
very soon
LANDED..........
in Canada since 2009
Hello, i phone cic this morning if i can send my medical even cic hasnt requested.. The agent said that vegreville office wont accept if they didnt ask for it. I mail my application dec 24, 2012 and i didnt include the medical. Should i just wait for the medical request from vegreville office? Thanks

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
Mrs. said:
Thanks for the responses. I looked at the letter sent to me by CPC-M and it confirms receipt of my application to sponsor my husband is October 18th.

The file was transferred to Accra VO on November 9th.

When the regulation was put into effect, i did not notice the specification of stage 1 or 2.

I just read it on the CIC website "The conditional measure only applies to permanent residents whose applications are received on or after October 25, 2012—the day that the amendments came into force."

It does not specify where the application is received nor the "lock-in" date.

If anything should happen, this would be a gray area in the argument.
I would say Computergeek is correct as he/she always is. The "locked in" date would have to be the date they go by for this condition. If you can find confirmation of the "locked in" date then you may be able to make an argument to be free of that condition. Though if you are truly in a legitimate relationship the 2 year condition is moot.

Mrs.

Star Member
Nov 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 18 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 8 2012
File Transfer...
Nov 9 2012
Med's Done....
July 19 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jan 28 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 5 2013
LANDED..........
June 19 2013
I agree, when the relationship is legitimate, the 2 year condition is irrelevant. I was just surprised to see it considering all that I had read and the date we submitted.

My husband does have to return to his country for his final year of university. He will be here until mid september, then come back for x-mas (approx. 4 week stay) then come back to settle permanently in June 2014. I hope that this condition will not have a negative affect on his status.

If it comes down to it, i will have to pursue the ambiguity.

Once again, thank you all for your responses...i knew I could count on you :)

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
Mrs. said:
I agree, when the relationship is legitimate, the 2 year condition is irrelevant. I was just surprised to see it considering all that I had read and the date we submitted.

My husband does have to return to his country for his final year of university. He will be here until mid september, then come back for x-mas (approx. 4 week stay) then come back to settle permanently in June 2014. I hope that this condition will not have a negative affect on his status.

If it comes down to it, i will have to pursue the ambiguity.

Once again, thank you all for your responses...i knew I could count on you :)
I doubt it will even be an issue for you.

aarongpasha

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
August 2012
Med's Request
July 24 2013 re-medical
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
soon coming
VISA ISSUED...
soon happening
LANDED..........
soon will happen
computergeek said:
Nope. The lock-in date is actually the date received by CPC-M. You can see it listed in your GCMS notes under "lock-in date". I actually went and looked at our GCMS notes to confirm my recollection. Six days after courier delivery.
Hi computergeek: What does HIRV:0 mean in GCMS note? Under Eligibility: Status: Recommend passed.

Due Date: 2013/08/20. What does this due date mean ?

There is a note saying initial review: NO APPARENT CONCERN FOUND.

FOSS check completed for sponsor and PA. What is FOSS check ?

PLEASE answer....thanks.

Brooksee

Star Member
May 22, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 14/13
AOR Received.
Mar 11/13- April 2/13
File Transfer...
Mar 11/13
Med's Done....
Dec 20/12
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July30/13
VISA ISSUED...
July30/13
LANDED..........
Aug19/13
Can someone answer this for me? How does a person check for the lock in date? And how does a person check for as much info about my application status as possible? I know how to check on the cic site but is there other ways of checking and finding out more? Thanks

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
aarongpasha said:
Hi computergeek: What does HIRV:0 mean in GCMS note? Under Eligibility: Status: Recommend passed.
A zero value usually indicates not applicable or not started. The "Passed" means you have been determined to be eligible (a "selection decision" has been made that you appear to meet the requirements of IRPA).

aarongpasha said:
Due Date: 2013/08/20. What does this due date mean ?
From what I can tell, this is the date when your file will appear on someone's report of cases that need attention. So if nobody looks at your file on August 21 you'd show up on a report showing your file required review/attention.

aarongpasha said:
There is a note saying initial review: NO APPARENT CONCERN FOUND.
Just what it says: no reason to do an interview. They are satisfied about the genuine nature of the relationship.

aarongpasha said:
FOSS check completed for sponsor and PA. What is FOSS check ?
Field Operations Support System = FOSS

This is the old inland computer system. They would look to see if you had prior application in the old system. GCMS has replaced both FOSS and CAIPS, the two older systems, but of course they don't move all the data from the old systems to the new systems, so they still have to do checks.

bella25

Apr 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2013
AOR Received.
April 2013
File Transfer...
April 2013
Passport Req..
April 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
SOON!
Hello,

I am a canadian citizen and I have filed for my husband's spousal sponsorship. The file is currently in New Delhi but we have received a letter stating this:

Submission of police clearance certificates for time spent in any country for a period
of 6 months or more, if not already submitted.

Does this mean police clearance also for canada as he has lived in canada for 3 years but he is now in India waiting for the Visa

Bella

DVA

May 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2013
AOR Received.
11-07-2013
File Transfer...
18-07-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
Passport Req..
16-09-2013
CanadianJeepGuy said:
I'm not sure how well they go through to applications but if they sent it back for a missing signature then I would assume they do.

I sent copies of my T4's which were acceptable. If your spouse has those he can include those copies with the NOA's.

Follow the rules of the guide. I believe you need to only list the places you have lived for more than 6 months outside your country. If you feel its necessary you can add a separate list of trips you have taken and the reason so that it explains the stamps in your passport.
Hey CanadianJeepGuy!

Tnx for your reply and sorry that i dint reply earlier...been going thru the entire forum and just got to your post now :/

And..yes, followed your advice, attached T4's and NOA's along with a letter that we have asked for the Option C print out and if they require it we'd send it as soon as we get it...hope that works!

I re-sent the file and they recieved it on the 20th of June, so waiting now for SA ...fingers crossed..

Btw..you are a real asset to this forum...along with so many other guys out here....so thanks all of you for your support!

Cheers! :)

Brooksee

Star Member
May 22, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 14/13
AOR Received.
Mar 11/13- April 2/13
File Transfer...
Mar 11/13
Med's Done....
Dec 20/12
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July30/13
VISA ISSUED...
July30/13
LANDED..........
Aug19/13
Yesterday my wife got a call from the embassy, they were asking about the landing fee. I have already paid it. What does this mean now? And what will happen now? Any replays would be great, thank you

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
Brooksee said:
Yesterday my wife got a call from the embassy, they were asking about the landing fee. I have already paid it. What does this mean now? And what will happen now? Any replays would be great, thank you
You should send them a copy of the receipt by email.

Brooksee

Star Member
May 22, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 14/13
AOR Received.
Mar 11/13- April 2/13
File Transfer...
Mar 11/13
Med's Done....
Dec 20/12
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July30/13
VISA ISSUED...
July30/13
LANDED..........
Aug19/13
Yes, my Lawyer said that she was going to.

Baby1990

Star Member
Oct 15, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI frndz,

I really need a help.

As from my lasts posts you know that I am here a dependent of my parents and came on business immigration.
I sponsored my husband and sent a file last month. I got confirmation on 21st june 2013.
As i told u all that there were so much was going on between our parents as they weren't agree on a thing. I just did court marriage. They wanted to do ritual marriage now, but inlwas didnt get agreed there was a dispute a btw them. In this time, my husband left me and starts living with his friend as he was living with my family members with me in there home. It went a month before, so i send a letter of withdrawal to cic Mississauga that i want to withdraw my application said we are separate now. I don't wanna spoil my pr status in Canada too.

NOw he is back and was requesting me to live with him in a separate home. I know he loved me but in this tension we were separate and got dissappointed from all this.

Now I am confused what to do. I want to live with him, but don't know what to say to cic. Should i call them and let them know that we are going to live together.
I don't know what cic would say and weather there would be all messy. I never wanted to do that all mess, but my parents did that all.

I was in depression. WE needed time to thing and nobody gave time to us.
What I should say to cic so that he can have a pr. I applied outside canada.

Plz help me, i really need it.