Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
Baby1990 said:
Hi friendssss
I am confused so much if you can help me.
First question- what i need to check in form 1 withrwa or proceed option.
2nd - can i still send my file , i have police cert of india n canada dated 2 feb 2013.
I hv to sponsor my husvand outland who lives in canada

Plzzz replyyyy i reqllly need it
Thanks
1. If you choose withdraw, you can't appeal if your application is denied. If you choose proceed, you can appeal. If your application is simple, I don't think it matters because the likelihood that your application will be denied is low.
2. It sounds like your police certificates have expired (they should be submitted within 3 months of the date of issue), so you need to get new ones.

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
Yelsew said:
LOL! ;) (Or that the facial expression isn't serious enough)

Quick question about translation of documents (ie, birth and police certificates). Does it matter where the translation is done, as long as it is a certified translation? Sponsored spouse needs to have these docs translated but it will apparently cost close to $100 each to have this done in her home country, which sounds exorbitant to me, even factoring courier costs from the translation centre to the spouse's home in another city. Since everything has to eventually be sent to the sponsor in Canada anyway, can't the sponsor get the translation done here instead? Police certificate will be the original (in Spanish) and the birth certificate (also in Spanish) will be a certified copy. I believe the going rate here is about $25-$30 per document, and there won't be any courier costs as the sponsor can easily go and pick them up. Many thanks for anyone who can advise on this.
I haven't been able to find anything about where translations should be made just as long as they are certified. I would get them done here if it saves a few bucks.

Bill 110

Dec 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MORENA75 said:
Hello Ivan / CanadianJeepGuy-

First off - THANK YOU for bothering to reply so fast. :D

Now here is the part where I look stupid ... :p

I am going to apply Outland SO: can anyone please confirm that what I need to send initially is:
AKA: Part 1: Sponsorship forms & Part 2: Immigration forms ? *** I cannot post the link I'm a newbie :'(

Part 1: Sponsorship forms
Guide to sponsorship [IMM 3900]

Forms

Document Checklist [IMM 5491] (PDF, 159 KB)
Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking [IMM 1344] (PDF, 356 KB)
Sponsorship Evaluation [IMM 5481] (PDF, 110 KB)
Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union [IMM 5409] (PDF, 97 KB)
Sponsor Questionnaire [IMM 5540] (PDF, 160 KB)
Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] (PDF, 55 KB)

Part 2: Immigration forms
Guide to Immigrating [IMM 3999]

Forms

Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008] (PDF, 536 KB)
Additional Dependants/Declaration [IMM 0008DEP] (PDF, 472 KB)
Schedule A – Background/Declaration [IMM 5669] (PDF, 170 KB)
Additional Family Information [IMM 5406] (PDF, 88 KB)
Sponsored Spouse/Partner Questionnaire [IMM 5490] (PDF, 142 KB)
Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] (PDF, 55 KB)

Second, when I do send ALL forms above I must send his Greek Police and Albanian Police Clearance along with medical - Right? (anyone can confirm how long the above docs are valid for?)

So IF I have understood well so far. LOL I have to send the Part 1: Sponsorship forms & Part 2: Immigration forms , with medical and police reports to Missaussaga? (and of course everything that is mentioned in the checklists in the forms)

My problem so far is I DID not know WHAT forms I needed to send first hand at first. If indeed for Outland Quebec the required forms are ALL the ones above, I think I actually just understood 50% of the process in 2 minutes. :p

And then I wait for the Selection Qc Certificate and proceed as they instruct me from then on?

Again THANKS
Kathy
Hi im a Canadian citizen leaving in Greece ant almost ready with my application [Thanks to messenger who has help me alot].To sponsor my wife outlant for Quebec.Ask the people here but i think we dont have to submit the IMM5481 Sponsorship Evaluation.

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
Bill 110 said:
Hi im a Canadian citizen leaving in Greece ant almost ready with my application [Thanks to messenger who has help me alot].To sponsor my wife outlant for Quebec.Ask the people here but i think we dont have to submit the IMM5481 Sponsorship Evaluation.
That's right. The first line of that form says "Sponsors living in Quebec need not complete this form," and this also applies to sponsors who are intending to live in Quebec.

Bill 110

Dec 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IvanP said:
That's right. The first line of that form says "Sponsors living in Quebec need not complete this form," and this also applies to sponsors who are intending to live in Quebec.
Thank you IvanP without this foroum ant you people ant Tom for me it was mision impossimble to do this.God bless you all.

Yelsew

Star Member
Apr 24, 2013
London, ON
CanadianJeepGuy said:
I haven't been able to find anything about where translations should be made just as long as they are certified. I would get them done here if it saves a few bucks.
Thanks, CanadianJeepGuy. I can't imagine why it would make a difference to CIC where the translation is done, as long as it is certified, as you said.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Baby1990 said:
Hi friendssss
I am confused so much if you can help me.
First question- what i need to check in form 1 withrwa or proceed option.
2nd - can i still send my file , i have police cert of india n canada dated 2 feb 2013.
I hv to sponsor my husvand outland who lives in canada
If the sponsor is not approved, do you want them to discontinue the application OR send it along. If you discontinue it, you get the $475 applicant fee back. If you continue, they send your application to the visa office for processing. They'll generally reject it at the visa office because the sponsor is ineligible to sponsor, but the choice of paths has to do with your ability to appeal and/or challenge in Court.

You don't need a Canadian police certificate. If the Indian certificate is 2 Feb 2013 it is too old (3 months is the limit) but you can send it along anyway and see if they want a new one OR you can order a new one and once you have a file number submit the new one to the visa office.

christo19

Mar 17, 2013
Hi, I'm a Canadian living and working in Spain. I have been with my girlfriend for over a year now and we have been living together for 12 months. I want to sponsor her under spousal sponsorship with her as my common-law partner.

We have a pretty good case. We have a lot of proof to ensure our relationship is genuine: photos with our families, trips together, plane tickets, a joint bank account, good testimonials, etc.

But I have a few questions concerning my sponsorship. I am currently freelancing in Spain as an English teacher so I work in several places but only have 1 contract. How do I provide proof of employment? In addition, the money here for language teachers is really poor. Will this be an issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
christo19 said:
Hi, I'm a Canadian living and working in Spain. I have been with my girlfriend for over a year now and we have been living together for 12 months. I want to sponsor her under spousal sponsorship with her as my common-law partner.

We have a pretty good case. We have a lot of proof to ensure our relationship is genuine: photos with our families, trips together, plane tickets, a joint bank account, good testimonials, etc.

But I have a few questions concerning my sponsorship. I am currently freelancing in Spain as an English teacher so I work in several places but only have 1 contract. How do I provide proof of employment? In addition, the money here for language teachers is really poor. Will this be an issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Can you get a copy of the contract or copies of your pay stubs? Money isn't that much of an issue so long as you can provide proof that you can provide for her financially. Maybe a statement of savings from the bank?

christo19

Mar 17, 2013
CanadianJeepGuy said:
Can you get a copy of the contract or copies of your pay stubs? Money isn't that much of an issue so long as you can provide proof that you can provide for her financially. Maybe a statement of savings from the bank?
I have Canadian bank accounts with sufficient funds and a place to reside in Canada as well. Should I provide bank statements in my application?

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
christo19 said:
I have Canadian bank accounts with sufficient funds and a place to reside in Canada as well. Should I provide bank statements in my application?

Will you be submitting the application from outside Canada? If so then I would provide a confirmation of where you will reside in Canada as well as a statement of your savings. The basic idea is to have supporting evidence of any claims you make on your application. Plus you will both need police clearances.

christo19

Mar 17, 2013
CanadianJeepGuy said:
Will you be submitting the application from outside Canada? If so then I would provide a confirmation of where you will reside in Canada as well as a statement of your savings. The basic idea is to have supporting evidence of any claims you make on your application. Plus you will both need police clearances.
The checklist says that she needs a police check but I haven't seen anything about myself needing a police check. Is this a requirement for sponsors living exclusively outside Canada?

fsvancim

Oct 30, 2012
Hi guys
So I applied on April 16 2012 and in October I got my OWP and last month I got a letter saying they made a decision and they will send a letter with the day I have to go to the immigration office. Last week I got the date to go to the immigration office on Scarborough Centre. My date is next week.
What is the chances they don't approve my processes? On my letter they are saying it is a interview and I have to bring some documents. I'm really nervous. Lol

Thank you

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
christo19 said:
The checklist says that she needs a police check but I haven't seen anything about myself needing a police check. Is this a requirement for sponsors living exclusively outside Canada?
You may be right about yourself. I know sponsors from within Canada don't require one and would have thought they would have you submit one for yourself if you have been living outside the country for an extended length of time. I will check on that.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
christo19 said:
You don't need a police report as sponsor.