12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
fakejordan said:
Thanks amikety. I've found the March 2013 spreadsheet. I've couple of quick questions, regarding Visa Office, does that refer to the location the application wast sent or the nearest office where my spouse is currently living? Also, for AOR, do I, as the applicant, get notification of the AOR or my spouse, as the sponsored person, will get the AOR?

I've noticed other member are getting their AOR on avg 15-20 days after the Processing office had received the application. I am closing in the 20 days mark but receive nothing from CIC. I'm a bit :'(
It takes some longer than others, so don't stress.

CIC will send the sponsor an email or letter for AOR. It goes to the sponsor's physical address if you didn't use an email.

Visa Office is the office where your spouse's application will be processed. It's either her/her home country, the nearest country he/she is legally admitted to, or in the event he/she is a student or temporary worker, it can possibly be in the country he/she is working/studying in if certan conditions are met. So, for example, I'm American. My Visa Office is Ottawa, the VO for Americans. (Don't ask why it's Ottawa.) Someone from England would use London VO and someone from China would use Bejing or Hong Kong VO.

c_farah

Jan 24, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2013
AOR Received.
16-02-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
16-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
09-09-2013
LANDED..........
07-10-2013
amikety said:
I'm assuming by your avatar you're a US citizen.

Probably won't be an issue. I would bring along a copy of your Sponsor Approval letter/email and Visitor's Record, if you have one. (You may not.) The Canadian can ask the IO to allow the spouse to re-enter Canada to wait out the application as a couple. Do all the usual things - be polite, answer questions honestly. Normally this goes smoothly - shouldn't be too much of an issue! :)
Sorry for replying a week later - thanks for the reply!

I'm actually the sponsor (Canadian Citizen, born in Canada), so i'm more concerned about my wife instead of me.
We have a copy of her Visitor Visa (she applied for an extension), and we have our passports. Just wanted to check. Thanks for the help!

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
c_farah said:
Sorry for replying a week later - thanks for the reply!

I'm actually the sponsor (Canadian Citizen, born in Canada), so i'm more concerned about my wife instead of me.
We have a copy of her Visitor Visa (she applied for an extension), and we have our passports. Just wanted to check. Thanks for the help!
It's a little more complicated if she requires a Visa to enter Canada. I'm under the impression if you exit Canada while a visa extension is in process, you forfeit the application. Perhaps someone else can correct me.... but if I'm correct, she will need to either wait for her new visa or apply for a new visa.

pawan.patel

Apr 8, 2013
NEED HELP !!!!

hello there,

I'm canadian citizen. we came to canada in may,2007 as landed immigrant and got my citizenship in 2012. at a time we were 5 person - (myself, my husband, son and 2 daughter.) now me and my 3 children became citizen too. but my husband never stayed in canada enough to obtain citizenship. he's PR card expired in june-2012. he stayed 8 months altogether from 2007-2012

now as a canadian i wanted to file for my husband again on Family class sponsor. can i do it even tho he got 1 chance before?

4 of my children are canadian and live here. where one of my daughter is british and she lives with her husband in london.

can any one help me filling forms? i din't get some of question in forms as do i have to fill IMM 0008 for all my childrens too?

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
pawan.patel said:
NEED HELP !!!!

hello there,

I'm canadian citizen. we came to canada in may,2007 as landed immigrant and got my citizenship in 2012. at a time we were 5 person - (myself, my husband, son and 2 daughter.) now me and my 3 children became citizen too. but my husband never stayed in canada enough to obtain citizenship. he's PR card expired in june-2012. he stayed 8 months altogether from 2007-2012

now as a canadian i wanted to file for my husband again on Family class sponsor. can i do it even tho he got 1 chance before?

4 of my children are canadian and live here. where one of my daughter is british and she lives with her husband in london.

can any one help me filling forms? i din't get some of question in forms as do i have to fill IMM 0008 for all my childrens too?
He obviously does not want to live here if he let his PR status expire.

zmikers

Feb 26, 2012
My wife, from Taiwan, and I are moving back to Canada this July. We have applied for her PR visa, but will move whether it has been approved in time or not. My question is, if we are still waiting for her PR status to be approved, can she enter Canada with just a one way ticket? Our daughter and I will have one way tickets because we both have Canadian passports, but will my wife need a return ticket showing she is leaving Canada even if we show them documentation that the PR Visa is in the processing stage? Thank you!

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
zmikers said:
My wife, from Taiwan, and I are moving back to Canada this July. We have applied for her PR visa, but will move whether it has been approved in time or not. My question is, if we are still waiting for her PR status to be approved, can she enter Canada with just a one way ticket? Our daughter and I will have one way tickets because we both have Canadian passports, but will my wife need a return ticket showing she is leaving Canada even if we show them documentation that the PR Visa is in the processing stage? Thank you!
Is she visa exempt? I see some Taiwan passport holders require visas and some don't.

pawan.patel

Apr 8, 2013
CanadianJeepGuy said:
He obviously does not want to live here if he let his PR status expire.
He does, but when we had to migrate to canada we had business there. so he din't stayed here for long. but as now he's about to retire and my son will handle business so he wanted to move to canada.

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
pawan.patel said:
He does, but when we had to migrate to canada we had business there. so he din't stayed here for long. but as now he's about to retire and my son will handle business so he wanted to move to canada.
Not sure what you can do since its expired. If he had contacted CIC prior to it expiring that would have been far easier. One of the more seasoned people may know but I am still looking for you.

cempjwi

Mar 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
31-Jul-12
Doc's Request.
09-Feb-13; Sent 13-Mar-13
AOR Received.
15-Oct-12; In-process 26-Mar-13
File Transfer...
15-Oct-12
Med's Request
02-Apr-13 Chest Xray Only
Med's Done....
14-May-12; 04-Apr-13 (Delivered 15-Apr-13)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2013 (Rcvd May 15th, 2013)
LANDED..........
1-July-2013
pawan.patel said:
NEED HELP !!!!

hello there,

I do not see why he could not be sponsored by you. By the looks of things his issue is not only that his card is expired but also that he did not fulfill his residency requirement (8 months out of 5 yrs is not enough) so even if his card hadn't expired he may have lost his PR status.

cempjwi

Mar 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
31-Jul-12
Doc's Request.
09-Feb-13; Sent 13-Mar-13
AOR Received.
15-Oct-12; In-process 26-Mar-13
File Transfer...
15-Oct-12
Med's Request
02-Apr-13 Chest Xray Only
Med's Done....
14-May-12; 04-Apr-13 (Delivered 15-Apr-13)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2013 (Rcvd May 15th, 2013)
LANDED..........
1-July-2013
zmikers said:
Yes, she is visa exempt. Will she still need a round trip ticket?
Yes. Any person entering Canada as a visitor, whether visa exempt or not, should be able to prove that will leave Canada at some point. Since you are expecting to obtain her PR while in Canada you may want to buy two separate one way tickets, the return ticket under a fare that could be reimbursed. Could be much more expensive but you will get it all back, as opposed to just lose the entire return ticket portion of a round trip.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
pawan.patel said:
NEED HELP !!!!

hello there,

I'm canadian citizen. we came to canada in may,2007 as landed immigrant and got my citizenship in 2012. at a time we were 5 person - (myself, my husband, son and 2 daughter.) now me and my 3 children became citizen too. but my husband never stayed in Canada enough to obtain citizenship. he's PR card expired in june-2012. he stayed 8 months altogether from 2007-2012

Permanent Residency does not expire. The PR card expires. Saying that one's PR expires is similar to saying that when one's passport expires one loses citizenship - that's just not the way it works.

Unless he has been refused a PR travel document OR been served with a removal order AND has not appealed (or the appeal has been refused) your husband is still a PR of Canada. Thus he cannot obtain any temporary status documents and you cannot sponsor him.

My advice would be to request a PR travel document and request a waiver of the PR residency obligation on H&C grounds. Explain what you've said here - he has family in Canada (including a spouse) and the circumstances that required he be absent from Canada have been resolved and he now wishes to live in Canada permanently. In this situation the most the VO can do is refuse the PRTD at which point (assuming it is not appealed) he is a foreign national again and can then obtain a TRV and be sponsored by you. While there's no guarantee that he will be granted H&C dispensation the visa office will realize that all they accomplish by not granting the PRTD is creating grief for your husband - you'll be eligible to sponsor him in the family class.

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
computergeek said:
the visa office will realize that all they accomplish by not granting the PRTD is creating grief for your husband
Which will put a little spring in their step, I'm sure.

cdnmom

Dec 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
AOR Received.
12-01-2013
File Transfer...
31-01-2013
Med's Request
27-01-2014
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2014
zmikers said:
Yes, she is visa exempt. Will she still need a round trip ticket?
My daughter in law is not from a visa exempt country and didn't require a return ticket when she arrived on her TRV.
We were prepared to purchase a ticket if they requested one

They indicated they had applied for PR under family sponsorship and were given a 6 month visa

Good luck :)