December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
@computergeek
Did you use a consultant or a lawyer for any of your dealing with CIC. Also many of the evidence we have were not old. Meaning they were like a few months (6 months) the longest for the bank account and insurance. Well we met each other 9 months before we got marrird. Also most of the evidence I was the principal holder of like the insurance and bank account . Do u see any red flags here?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
jiggyzealous said:
@ computergeek
Did you use a consultant or a lawyer for any of your dealing with CIC. Also many of the evidence we have were not old. Meaning they were like a few months (6 months) the longest for the bank account and insurance. Well we met each other 9 months before we got marrird. Also most of the evidence I was the principal holder of like the insurance and bank account . Do u see any red flags here?
The first application (which was rejected) I used two attorneys (I switched in the middle when the first proved to not be up to the task). The second application I handled on my own. The second was successful (and fast) though I have to point out that the challenge to the first application's refusal looked like it would be successful so the attorney for CIC did push CIC to finish up my second application.

The age of specific evidence isn't really that material - it's the totality of the story that all the evidence tells. What you described does not strike me as being a "red flag". Nine months is not a long courtship, but it's also not very fast (3 days would be fast) so again, I don't see anything obvious from what you've said.

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
@computergeek
Could you please deal with the concerns that I had in my previous post?

chicket

Mar 13, 2013
Re: Spousal sponsorship with PR card expired

Hello,

My Pr card has expired. I can not renew it at the present time because did not meet residency requirements yet(I live in Canada now). My question is: Can I sponsor my spouse to become a resident while my card is expired? Thank you for your help.

mani5553

Sep 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2010
AOR Received.
8th Feb 2011, 2nd AOR 1st April 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
23rd May 2011
Med's Done....
26th May 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23rd May 2011
VISA ISSUED...
23rd Sept 2011
LANDED..........
14th November 2011
amikety said:
That's normal. Decision Made is for you- your sponsorship has been approved. Application Received means they got the app in NDVO, but haven't started viewing it yet for Stage 2.

The new UCI is your wife's. The one from Stage 1 is yours.

The PPR will explictly say they need your PP.
Thanx for yor reply.

The letter I received from NDVO dtd 3rd March clearly says - "IN ORDER TO EXPEDITE YOUR APPLICATION, WE ARE REQUESTING YOU TO SEND THE FOLLOWING:
-PAYMENT OF PERMANENT RESIDENT FEE (LANDING FEE) TO OUR OFFICE IN MISSISSAUGA BY YOUR SPONSOR, IF NOT ALREADY PAID.
-SUBMISSION OF POLICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE FOR THE TIME SPENT IN ANY COUNTRY FOR A PERIOD OF 6 MONTHS OR MORE, IF NOT ALREADY SUBMITTED.
-SUBMISSION OF YOUR ORIGINAL PASSPORT AND OLD EXPIRED PASSPORTS FOR YOU AND YOUR ACCOMPANYING FAMILY MEMBERS."

The last paragraph of the letter says:

"PLEASE RETURN A COPY OF THIS LETTER WITH THE REQUESTED DOCUMENTS . DOCUMENTS AND PASSPORTS MUST BE SUBMITTED IN A SINGLE PACKAGE."

Now please advise if this is a passport request coz no deadline has been mentioned to send the docs.

Regards
Manpreet

mani5553

Sep 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2010
AOR Received.
8th Feb 2011, 2nd AOR 1st April 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
23rd May 2011
Med's Done....
26th May 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23rd May 2011
VISA ISSUED...
23rd Sept 2011
LANDED..........
14th November 2011
mani5553 said:
Thanx for yor reply.

The letter I received from NDVO dtd 3rd March clearly says - "IN ORDER TO EXPEDITE YOUR APPLICATION, WE ARE REQUESTING YOU TO SEND THE FOLLOWING:
-PAYMENT OF PERMANENT RESIDENT FEE (LANDING FEE) TO OUR OFFICE IN MISSISSAUGA BY YOUR SPONSOR, IF NOT ALREADY PAID.
-SUBMISSION OF POLICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE FOR THE TIME SPENT IN ANY COUNTRY FOR A PERIOD OF 6 MONTHS OR MORE, IF NOT ALREADY SUBMITTED.
-SUBMISSION OF YOUR ORIGINAL PASSPORT AND OLD EXPIRED PASSPORTS FOR YOU AND YOUR ACCOMPANYING FAMILY MEMBERS."

The last paragraph of the letter says:

"PLEASE RETURN A COPY OF THIS LETTER WITH THE REQUESTED DOCUMENTS . DOCUMENTS AND PASSPORTS MUST BE SUBMITTED IN A SINGLE PACKAGE."

Now please advise if this is a passport request coz no deadline has been mentioned to send the docs.

Regards
Manpreet
Would like to add that I've already submitted RPRF fee for my wife at CPC Mississauga. I submitted total of $1040 with the application.

Regards
Manpreet

sanda

Star Member
Feb 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-May-2013
AOR Received.
09-May-2013
LANDED..........
15-March-2014
Hi everyone, I'm new here and want to ask a question.
I'm preparing my PR application as common-law partner and going to apply inland.
I'm wondering if I include Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union in my application.
I know this is a requirement if you go through visa offices outside Canada but expect this declaration makes our relationship official in public.

Does anyone submit this or request in your process in inland application?
Or this would be distracting if it's in inland application?

Thank you in advance.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
sanda said:
Hi everyone, I'm new here and want to ask a question.
I'm preparing my PR application as common-law partner and going to apply inland.
I'm wondering if I include Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union in my application.
I know this is a requirement if you go through visa offices outside Canada but expect this declaration makes our relationship official in public.

Does anyone submit this or request in your process in inland application?
Or this would be distracting if it's in inland application?

Thank you in advance.
I would include it because the VO seems to ask for it frequently if you don't - even if it's not a required document. If they want it, it'll save you some time in processing. If they don't want it....oh well.

sanda

Star Member
Feb 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-May-2013
AOR Received.
09-May-2013
LANDED..........
15-March-2014
amikety said:
I would include it because the VO seems to ask for it frequently if you don't - even if it's not a required document. If they want it, it'll save you some time in processing. If they don't want it....oh well.
Thank you amikety for your advise! ;)
I'll send that too!

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
@Computergeek

I must say thank you also for being so helpful. I just got off the phone with CIC after waiting almost 40 mins. The agent said my application is in process and I should/hopefully hear something by next month. I mailed in my application for OWP as Rusty and Computergeek advised because I was like 5 months out of status when I sent my PR application. I sent the application in January and I asked them to attach it to my PR application. I hope our applications are already on the desk of the IO, for the October applicants. They're almost at the end of September now

roop sohi

Mar 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2013
AOR Received.
28-06-2013
File Transfer...
28-06-2013
Med's Done....
11-02-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-01-2014
LANDED..........
Ticket booked for 20 feb 2014
can i send spousal application to cpc missisauga on courier address specified on cic website from india... will they receive ????

as no courier is accepting po box address can i use this address given below

courier adress is
Courier address (no public drop-offs)
2 Robert Speck Parkway,
Suite 1200
Mississauga, ON
L4Z 1H8

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
roop sohi said:
can i send spousal application to cpc missisauga on courier address specified on cic website from india... will they receive ????

as no courier is accepting po box address can i use this address given below

courier adress is
Courier address (no public drop-offs)
2 Robert Speck Parkway,
Suite 1200
Mississauga, ON
L4Z 1H8
Yes, no public drop offs mean the average Joe - like me traveling to CPC-M and trying to hand off my application in person. If you use a courier, someone at CPC-M will sign for the application too :)

roop sohi

Mar 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2013
AOR Received.
28-06-2013
File Transfer...
28-06-2013
Med's Done....
11-02-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-01-2014
LANDED..........
Ticket booked for 20 feb 2014
amikety said:
Yes, no public drop offs mean the average Joe - like me traveling to CPC-M and trying to hand off my application in person. If you use a courier, someone at CPC-M will sign for the application too :)
thx a lot for reply
did u use the same way to send the application or you generally know this

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
roop sohi said:
thx a lot for reply
did u use the same way to send the application or you generally know this
I sent mine by Canada Post Express. Someone named Krystle signed for mine.

I mailed from inside Canada, so Canada Post already had the address filled out for us. My husband told them what we wanted and they printed a label for us.

waiting:(

Mar 13, 2013
Hi,
I am new on here...my spouse was refused visa to Canada as they stated our marriage was not genuine!!! I Appealed my case and I got the blue book finally!!!! does anyone know how long it can take from here to get a an ADR or hearing?