Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 04, 2012
Doc's Request.
addt'l docs sent on Jan. 11 and recv'd by CEM on Jan. 14 2nd addt'l docs reqt'd on Feb 26,2013 sent on March 21 recv'd on March 22,2013
AOR Received.
July 31,2012
File Transfer...
Aug.13, 2012...in-process June 7, 2013...DM July 11, 2013
Med's Request
May 09, 2013 (remed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 31, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jan. 03, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 19, 2013
LANDED..........
August 09, 2013
Hello everyone!

Just want to ask since CEM is asking me to write them an explanation letter concerning how bonafide the relationship is that me and my husband is having should I be subjective or objective in writing the letter. What are factors I need to consider? Im just so mixed up that I might me carried away by my emotions and it might affect the decision of the VO who's goin to read it :( paranoia is attacking me :( Pls. help. Thanks in advance!

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
chelseaviel said:
Hello everyone!

Just want to ask since CEM is asking me to write them an explanation letter concerning how bonafide the relationship is that me and my husband is having should I be subjective or objective in writing the letter. What are factors I need to consider? Im just so mixed up that I might me carried away by my emotions and it might affect the decision of the VO who's goin to read it :( paranoia is attacking me :( Pls. help. Thanks in advance!
I think you need to include your emtions in the letter. Don't get carried away but include them. The reason I say this is: They are questioning the validity of your relationship and whether it is genuine or not. If you simply write facts, that doesn't seem real. Being in a genuine relationship and going through the difficult process of immigration is a very emotional thing, so if you don't show any of that, it's my opinion that it could appear fishy.

Like I mentioned before, don't go overboard with the emotion, but definitely express some of it along with the objective facts of your relationship. A combination of the two.

mickeyindia

Dec 14, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
svs said:
Hi friends, iam going to sponsour my wife at outbound application. so

My wife is going for medicals this friday in india .
At the medicals,they have asked her to bring file number. But we haven't applied for her immigration yet. No filenumber yet. So they asked for Appendix A ,what is appendix A...
we are planning to send medicals along with the application for PR.

Please let meknow.

Thanks,
Hi svs,

there is something called upfront medical examination for canada where you do not need any letter from immigration. Let the doctor know you are for an upfront medical examination. Doctor will ask for Appendix C (this is not required anymore as per CIC website).
Take your original passport,8 passport size photos,2 photo copies of passport and the requested fees.

Thanks

chelseaviel

Dec 15, 2010
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 04, 2012
Doc's Request.
addt'l docs sent on Jan. 11 and recv'd by CEM on Jan. 14 2nd addt'l docs reqt'd on Feb 26,2013 sent on March 21 recv'd on March 22,2013
AOR Received.
July 31,2012
File Transfer...
Aug.13, 2012...in-process June 7, 2013...DM July 11, 2013
Med's Request
May 09, 2013 (remed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 31, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jan. 03, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 19, 2013
LANDED..........
August 09, 2013
tink23 said:
I think you need to include your emtions in the letter. Don't get carried away but include them. The reason I say this is: They are questioning the validity of your relationship and whether it is genuine or not. If you simply write facts, that doesn't seem real. Being in a genuine relationship and going through the difficult process of immigration is a very emotional thing, so if you don't show any of that, it's my opinion that it could appear fishy.

Like I mentioned before, don't go overboard with the emotion, but definitely express some of it along with the objective facts of your relationship. A combination of the two.
Thanks Tink23, yes im so emotional right now and I want to be logical in writing the letter as much as possible.

mehdiR

Jan 3, 2012
canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TO SENIOR MEMBERS

I got an imp Ques?

Do embassies hold the visa that is already requested over travels done after applications received ?( maybe need more security screening cause of the travel to some countries? )

we have been to Iraq a month ago 4 a week , to visit holy places , I 'm afraid by the time they ask us for passport request, they do more screening and send us back empty handed.

thanx

Jaeger

Feb 25, 2013
Hi. Right now my wife is going to go for the medical checkup ( I am sponsoring her) but she is pregnant now. Because they won't be able to do the chest X-ray will she be required to get another medical after the baby? basically, I just want to know if we should switch our appointment till after the baby is born instead of doing the physical checkup twice.... Does anyone have any experience with this situation??

Thanks in advance

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
tink23 said:

Focus on the things that are important in a relationship that you both share in common and the things you may have done to express that. If you are an older couple (30's and up) you can take a more pragmatic approach based upon experiences from previous relationships. Long term goals are also important. What are your plans for family etc?

Popo012

Star Member
Sep 30, 2012
Computergeek

I received the letter on Tuesday just Excally one month :).I have the meeting set up for next week.Me and my wife will have to go.Do you know what kind of meeting that will be?.They asked me to bring 2 pictures and my passport,but they didn't ask me to pay the 490$.I will bring it just in case they ask me to :).How long will it take to receive my PR?.I would like to know thanks

McDutch

Dec 20, 2011
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2012
AOR Received.
26-09-2012
File Transfer...
11-08-2012
Med's Done....
REDONE: 22-01-2013
LANDED..........
26-04-2013
Question:

I received a request to re-do my medicals in January and redid them here in Ottawa on January 22nd.
The doctors office told me the results have been forwarded to Ottawa on February 1st and that they will send the information over to Vienna.

Does anyone know what the timeline is from then on?
Will Vienna approve as soon as they receive or is there another waiting period involved.

My current visa will expire on April 23rd.

hm82

Star Member
Jul 8, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
31-Dec-2012
AOR Received.
18-Jan-2013
Med's Done....
18-Aug-2012
Passport Req..
08-Mar-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-Apr-2013
LANDED..........
2-May-2013
Hello, we waiting for Stage 2 AOR from ND Visa Office and want to know the following:-

1. Does NDVO generate a new UCI or e-CAS id (for the Principal Applicant) for tracking the PR application once they start processing it?

2. I assume if it does, this information will be sent along with AOR from NDVO?

3. Right now I am accessing the status of Sponsorship application through eCAS using my (Sponsor's) UCI , Surname & Date of Birth? Also, my spouse didn't have a last-name on her passport; so while accessing the application status I get "Null FirstName" as her name on the eCAS. In this case when my wife gets a new UCI/eCAS ID, what should be used as her last name while accessing the PR application using her UCI or e-CAS id ? will that be "NULL" ?

Eagerly awaiting a response.
Thanks

Namachii

Mar 4, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chelseaviel said:
Hello everyone!

Hi chelseaviel,
In adition to giving more logical explanation, it might be beneficial to be creative and add a document with some screenshots (skype, yahoo, email), phone bills, phone messages and also photos. I have made powerpoint slides (printed in color) of photos diplaying that the relationship is genuine. Whatever you think might help the officer to take a decision that you are a genuine couple. Good luck!

panos30

Star Member
Mar 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2014
Doc's Request.
17-11-2014 19-11-204
AOR Received.
28-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-03-2014
Med's Done....
17-12-2013
Interview........
no interview
Passport Req..
25/03/2015
VISA ISSUED...
14/04/2015
hello to everybody here, this is my first post here and i would like to ask a question which might seem a bit stupid.

My common law partner who is Canadian and I have been together for 2 years but have lived together for 1 year by the end of January 2014 when we will have send our applications (outland)
We have all the proofs as common law partners but my question is: Can we still apply as common law partners or do we need to live together for 2 years?

I would appreciate a reply :)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
panos30 said:
hello to everybody here, this is my first post here and i would like to ask a question which might seem a bit stupid.

My common law partner who is Canadian and I have been together for 2 years but have lived together for 1 year by the end of January 2014 when we will have send our applications (outland)
We have all the proofs as common law partners but my question is: Can we still apply as common law partners or do we need to live together for 2 years?

To qualify for common law, you must live together for a minimum of one full year. So once you have lived together for a full year, you can go ahead and apply.

panos30

Star Member
Mar 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2014
Doc's Request.
17-11-2014 19-11-204
AOR Received.
28-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-03-2014
Med's Done....
17-12-2013
Interview........
no interview
Passport Req..
25/03/2015
VISA ISSUED...
14/04/2015
Thank you very much for your prompt reply, we are greatly relieved :)

cempjwi

Mar 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
31-Jul-12
Doc's Request.
09-Feb-13; Sent 13-Mar-13
AOR Received.
15-Oct-12; In-process 26-Mar-13
File Transfer...
15-Oct-12
Med's Request
02-Apr-13 Chest Xray Only
Med's Done....
14-May-12; 04-Apr-13 (Delivered 15-Apr-13)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2013 (Rcvd May 15th, 2013)
LANDED..........
1-July-2013
panos30 said:

Your question does not match your statement. You say that you have been together for 2 yrs, but only living together for 1yr by January 2014 (which is next year), which means that you just moved in together 2 months ago. Is that correct? If correct, for common law you have to have been living together for 1yr already so you might have to wait until January 2014 to apply as common law.