Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
If you marry before his first marriage is dissolved, it won't be a legal marriage. In fact, it's consider a crime called bigamy in most places. If you wish to have a ceremony without the legal paperwork, that's fine. Legal paperwork, getting a marriage certificate, registering the marriage, etc - no.

If you want to be legally married to him, he must be divorced or have his marriage annulled.

You'll either need to live together for one year to qualify as common-law or wait for his annullment.

If both of those are complete impossibilities - aka living together would be a crime and his wife refuses to cooperate with the annullment, you may want to look at conjugal sponsorship. Be forewarned, it has a low approval rate. You have to be in a very specific position to qualify.

In the PR application, he will need to submit copies of his divorce papers/annullment papers. The Outland app is processed in Manila. They will know if he's still married. If you try to get married and sponsor him while he's still married to his wife, your application will be rejected. It'll be a waste of time and money.

yyzord

Mar 4, 2013
As far as children go, IF you have your proof of citizenship papers, your dependant children can INDEED be enrolled in school, they are also eligible for OHIP for 2 years. My child currently is enrolled in school with OHIP coverage on a visitor visa in Canada.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
warzon said:
Hi! Im just a newbie here and I am a sponsor. I have a question where my husband can travel outside Canada with me after landing a month or less? And can he travel even without his PR card yet?
Leaving Canada is not the issue. Returning is the issue. Further, it's an issue for the commercial carrier, not for CBSA.

If your husband is from a visa exempt country, there won't be a problem. CBSA can look up his information in the computer and/or use his COPR to confirm that he is indeed a landed immigrant.

If your husband is not from a visa exempt country, you should either use a land border crossing in private transport, or you should obtain a permanent resident travel document (PRTD) from the embassy or consulate of the country where you will be traveling. Check processing times for this, as it can be months for some offices.

Finally, you can always have someone at home forward the PR card to you while you are away. That works as well.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Jaeger said:
We already have the appointment for the medical, but because she is pregnant and they won't be able to do the X-ray does that mean we will have to get another physical later on after the baby is born? If that is the case maybe it's just better to wait until the baby is born..
She would just have to do the x-ray after the baby is born, not the entire medical examination.

mosaab

Oct 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
AOR Received.
26-06-2013
File Transfer...
05-07-2013
Med's Done....
18-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-16-2014
LANDED..........
05-02-2014
My question again ,

1-My wife now in full-time work, and she want to sponsor me, she received a social assistance for 3 months but she stopped because now she has an income and want to sponsor me, Is it possible to have any effect on the application ??

2- in the document checklist (IMM5491E) , question # 17 , about option C printout, please I want more explanation ??!

chaaban

Mar 4, 2013
Hi all

I've always been reading here trying to find some answers to some questions I've been having.
My wife and I applied for our in Canada sponsorship on October 2012 and it was received by CIC with a UCI number on November 2012. I would like to know if any of you know when the CIC issues the AIP. We expect them to look at it by May (6 months from CIC receiving it). My question is do they send us the AIP very soon after or is it a long wait for that again?

Mlneron

Jan 11, 2013
Hi everyone,

my boyfriend (aussie) and I (canadian) are applying for his residency under the common-law/spouse application.

We are currently both in Canada and want to apply with the OUT LAND application, so he can still travel. He is currently living with me in Alberta under a visitor visa (6months) because we wanted to stay together while our application is processing. We thought it would be better for us, to apply OUT LAND, because it's faster. We know we have to put the extension for his visitor visa in the application as well as a work permit. But we are just a bit confused so we have couple of questions to ask before we send our papers soon !!!

1- Can he apply for an open-work permit, if we do the OUT LAND application ?
2- If YES, how long does it takes ?
3- Can he get an LMO, if we do the OUT LAND application ?

Thanks for your help guys !

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Mlneron said:
We know we have to put the extension for his visitor visa in the application as well as a work permit.
1- Can he apply for an open-work permit, if we do the OUT LAND application ?
2- If YES, how long does it takes ?
3- Can he get an LMO, if we do the OUT LAND application ?
Out-land process has nothing to do with visitor visa or work permit application. You would NOT send this with the application. This is only for in-land.

While your outland application is being processed, you are free to apply for any work permit or visa you think you are eligible for, but they will be done separately and NOT actually part of the outland application.

So basically
1/2 - no
3 - yes. You can apply for LMO but this is done independently from outland application.

Popo012

Star Member
Sep 30, 2012
Computergeek

Today is been a month since the CIC-V were done with my application for sponsorship and CIC Ottawa still didnt contact me yet.I hope there is nothing wrong :(.

Namachii

Mar 4, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Guys! I have received my sponsorship approval on 26Feb2013 (Visa Office: New Delhi).
For those who have got the passport request, please share your experience on the following:

1) How do one get the passport request? Through email (Applicant and the sponsor?) or snail mail?
2) Any recommendation on how to send the passport to VO, a normal courier with an acknowledgement would be ok?

Thanks for your answers! Good luck to everyone on their process!

hockeyfan

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2013
AOR Received.
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
31-05-2014
Hey All,

I did just submit this issue in another thread for Inland 2013 applicants, however I might get some better answers in this thread. Mods - feel free to delete this post or my previous one.

Just sent in my inland application yesterday! I am tracking it by mail and it should arrive tomorrow. One thing I forgot to add to my application is a note saying not to approve my OWP until my spouse is AIP to sponsor me. Once they give me an AOR and a case number should I send a note by express mail saying not to approve me for an OWP until stage 1 is passed? Or is it too late and they will deny the OWP application because I did not specify properly :(. Let me know if anyone knows!!!

Thanks,

ScorpionMania

Mar 5, 2013
Please ssuggest : do we have to get the Police clearance certificate for all the family members who are above 18, but not applying ?

I will be sponsoring my Wife in India, and she has brother/sister/parents, Do we have to get the PCC for them too ?

Also, do we get Medical Certificates for all as well. ?

The official guide for sponsorship says as below:

Police certificates

If you and your family members who are 18 years of age and older and are not permanent residents or Canadian citizens have to provide:

* a valid police certificate, or
* police clearance, or
* record of no information.

These documents are to be provided for each country other than Canada, in which you have lived for six consecutive months or longer since reaching the age of 18.

I am a little unsure on Is the PCC and MEDICAL certificate required for the applicant only OR her family members too ?

OR the FAMILY MEMBER in the Quote refers to the family ( husband(Sponsorer ) ; wife ( Sponsored ) ; children ( if Any ) )

Any Help is much appreciated.

Regards
Scorpionmania

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
ScorpionMania said:
Please ssuggest : do we have to get the Police clearance certificate for all the family members who are above 18, but not applying ?

I will be sponsoring my Wife in India, and she has brother/sister/parents, Do we have to get the PCC for them too ?

Also, do we get Medical Certificates for all as well. ?

The official guide for sponsorship says as below:

I am a little unsure on Is the PCC and MEDICAL certificate required for the applicant only OR her family members too ?

OR the FAMILY MEMBER in the Quote refers to the family ( husband(Sponsorer ) ; wife ( Sponsored ) ; children ( if Any ) )

Any Help is much appreciated.

Regards
Scorpionmania
The PCC and medical is for people being sponsored. So your wife and children if any.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Popo012 said:
Computergeek

Today is been a month since the CIC-V were done with my application for sponsorship and CIC Ottawa still didnt contact me yet.I hope there is nothing wrong :(.
Just sounds like they are slow. Have you called the call centre to ask what the wait time is for Ottawa?

I know it's 2-8 weeks for most offices.

svs

Jul 16, 2009
Hi friends, iam going to sponsour my wife at outbound application. so

My wife is going for medicals this friday in india .
At the medicals,they have asked her to bring file number. But we haven't applied for her immigration yet. No filenumber yet. So they asked for Appendix A ,what is appendix A...
we are planning to send medicals along with the application for PR.

Please let meknow.

Thanks,