+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

tuyen

Oct 19, 2012
Tronna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
computergeek said:
Actually, the answer isn't in any of these.
It's there (exact photo dimensions).

IMM 3910 (for U.S. residents - on the last page of the guide).

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3910e.pdf

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
Emilee08 said:
Great !!

And I heard if we apply inland then he automatically gets an implied status or does he still need to keep renewing his visitors visa and get extentions until the sponsorship visa is approved ?
He will have implied after the first stage is done. Until that first stage is done, he will have to keep renewing.

chelseaviel

Dec 15, 2010
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 04, 2012
Doc's Request.
addt'l docs sent on Jan. 11 and recv'd by CEM on Jan. 14 2nd addt'l docs reqt'd on Feb 26,2013 sent on March 21 recv'd on March 22,2013
AOR Received.
July 31,2012
File Transfer...
Aug.13, 2012...in-process June 7, 2013...DM July 11, 2013
Med's Request
May 09, 2013 (remed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 31, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jan. 03, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 19, 2013
LANDED..........
August 09, 2013
parker24 said:
ECAS is glichy today, so give it a day or two.
Thanks parker;)

pritha

Star Member
Oct 8, 2012
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
VEGREVILLE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2013
AOR Received.
31-07-2013
File Transfer...
11-03-2014
Med's Request
Sent with App
Med's Done....
14-06-2013
Interview........
11-06-2014
Passport Req..
waived
LANDED..........
11-06-2014
Dear Experts,

Brief history , my soon to be husband is a Canadian (sponsor), and me Indonesian (principal applicant w/no dependent) is going to apply the in-land PR application.

Beforehand, I have few questions in my head right now which are :

1. It is mentioned in the Document Checklist like this :

PROOF OF INCOME FOR SPONSOR (this section applied only to sponsors who are not residents of Quebec)

1. Attached the following :
  • An original Option C printout of your last Notice of Assesment for the most recent taxation year along with prinouts of all income slips (e.g. T4, T4E, T5 anda T5007). To obtain these printouts free-of-charge from the Canada Revenue Agency, call 1 800 959-8281
  • If You received social Assistance/welfare in the last 12 months that is not listed on the computer printout of the T5007, include : -photocopy of receipt from welfare ; - photocopy of receipt from any othe government payment
  • If you are employed, an original of a letter from from your current employer stating you period of employment, salary, and regular hours per week

From above mentioned, that applies to us is only the 1st (Original Option C printout) point and the 3rd (letter from his current employer)

Want i want to ask is should he or should he not provide the other slips : T4E, T5, or T5007 ? or the T4 slips would be just fine ? Regarding this taxes thing, he said he has not paid the taxes since 2009 but he always received the T4 slips every year until now, and he is now preparing the docs to pay it, could this jeopardize our application while the taxes paying is still on going?

2. I have received the Police Certificate from my home country, but unfortunately its only valid for 6 (six) months, i know from Leon's post before, it is ok if the Police Certificate is still valid 3 months when the CIC received it, am i right ?

What i want to ask is , eventhough even if it is ok if the Police Certificate still valid for 3 months when the CIC received it, but the first stage of the application takes 6 months long and then another stage is to look up my documents as the principal applicant and by that time the Police Certificate already expired. How am i supposed to do ? Prepare for the renewal or what ?

Your response will be such a grateful for me.

Regards,
P
[/list]

cempjwi

Mar 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
31-Jul-12
Doc's Request.
09-Feb-13; Sent 13-Mar-13
AOR Received.
15-Oct-12; In-process 26-Mar-13
File Transfer...
15-Oct-12
Med's Request
02-Apr-13 Chest Xray Only
Med's Done....
14-May-12; 04-Apr-13 (Delivered 15-Apr-13)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2013 (Rcvd May 15th, 2013)
LANDED..........
1-July-2013
  • pritha said:
    Dear Experts,

Brief history , my soon to be husband is a Canadian (sponsor), and me Indonesian (principal applicant w/no dependent) is going to apply the in-land PR application.

Beforehand, I have few questions in my head right now which are :

PROOF OF INCOME FOR SPONSOR (this section applied only to sponsors who are not residents of Quebec)

• An original Option C printout of your last Notice of Assesment for the most recent taxation year along with prinouts of all income slips (e.g. T4, T4E, T5 anda T5007). To obtain these printouts free-of-charge from the Canada Revenue Agency, call 1 800 959-8281
    • If You received social Assistance/welfare in the last 12 months that is not listed on the computer printout of the T5007, include : -photocopy of receipt from welfare ; - photocopy of receipt from any othe government payment
    • If you are employed, an original of a letter from from your current employer stating you period of employment, salary, and regular hours per week

From above mentioned, that applies to us is only the 1st (Original Option C printout) point and the 3rd (letter from his current employer)

Want i want to ask is should he or should he not provide the other slips : T4E, T5, or T5007 ? or the T4 slips would be just fine ? Regarding this taxes thing, he said he has not paid the taxes since 2009 but he always received the T4 slips every year until now, and he is now preparing the docs to pay it, could this jeopardize our application while the taxes paying is still on going?

2. I have received the Police Certificate from my home country, but unfortunately its only valid for 6 (six) months, i know from Leon's post before, it is ok if the Police Certificate is still valid 3 months when the CIC received it, am i right ?

What i want to ask is , eventhough even if it is ok if the Police Certificate still valid for 3 months when the CIC received it, but the first stage of the application takes 6 months long and then another stage is to look up my documents as the principal applicant and by that time the Police Certificate already expired. How am i supposed to do ? Prepare for the renewal or what ?

Your response will be such a grateful for me.

Regards,
    P

It does not matter how long they are considered valid by the issuing authority because the requirement from CIC indicates that police certificates cannot be older than 90 days; that is, they must have been issued within the last 90 days.

chelseaviel

Dec 15, 2010
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 04, 2012
Doc's Request.
addt'l docs sent on Jan. 11 and recv'd by CEM on Jan. 14 2nd addt'l docs reqt'd on Feb 26,2013 sent on March 21 recv'd on March 22,2013
AOR Received.
July 31,2012
File Transfer...
Aug.13, 2012...in-process June 7, 2013...DM July 11, 2013
Med's Request
May 09, 2013 (remed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 31, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jan. 03, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 19, 2013
LANDED..........
August 09, 2013
parker24 said:
Ignore him, I forgot to put duct tape on his mouth :p
:) hehehe...

I actually have another concern my medical got expired already this Jan. 31, 2013 and I still dont received my visa neither a letter from the immigration that i need to redo my medical :( it takes really long than expected and increase the processing time in manila VO from 11 months to 12 months :(

cempjwi

Mar 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
31-Jul-12
Doc's Request.
09-Feb-13; Sent 13-Mar-13
AOR Received.
15-Oct-12; In-process 26-Mar-13
File Transfer...
15-Oct-12
Med's Request
02-Apr-13 Chest Xray Only
Med's Done....
14-May-12; 04-Apr-13 (Delivered 15-Apr-13)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2013 (Rcvd May 15th, 2013)
LANDED..........
1-July-2013
chelseaviel said:
:) hehehe...

I actually have another concern my medical got expired already this Jan. 31, 2013 and I still dont received my visa neither a letter from the immigration that i need to redo my medical :( it takes really long than expected and increase the processing time in manila VO from 11 months to 12 months :(
Since you just received a PPR and a request for additional documents a month ago it is possible that your application is in process and they may expect to complete it by granting an extension. One can only hope.

chipits

Sep 24, 2012
pritha said:

If he has T4E, T5 or T5007 slips then yes he should include them. If he does not, then no. It will not jeopardise the application while the payment of the taxes is going on, no.

If CIC has received your application within 90 days of the police certificate being issued, then you are fine. They MIGHT ask for a second, more recent copy, but a lot of the time as long as the police report was received by CIC within the 90 day timeframe, it'll be fine. Your certificate is not valid for 6 months in CIC's eyes, for them it is only valid for three months, no matter what is written on it.

satya_6680

Feb 5, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2008
Doc's Request.
29-11-2012
File Transfer...
30-12-2012
Med's Request
29-11-2012
Med's Done....
04-12-2012
Passport Req..
29-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
landed soon...
parker24 said:
ECAS is glichy today, so give it a day or two.
thnx parker

pritha

Star Member
Oct 8, 2012
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
VEGREVILLE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2013
AOR Received.
31-07-2013
File Transfer...
11-03-2014
Med's Request
Sent with App
Med's Done....
14-06-2013
Interview........
11-06-2014
Passport Req..
waived
LANDED..........
11-06-2014
chipits said:
If he has T4E, T5 or T5007 slips then yes he should include them. If he does not, then no. It will not jeopardise the application while the payment of the taxes is going on, no.
Hi, Chipits!

Thanks for the answers. just for making sure, so my sponsor should have just send the T4 slips to CIC with the application?

What is Option C and Notice of Assessment ? How to get those documents?

Regards,
P

pritha

Star Member
Oct 8, 2012
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
VEGREVILLE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2013
AOR Received.
31-07-2013
File Transfer...
11-03-2014
Med's Request
Sent with App
Med's Done....
14-06-2013
Interview........
11-06-2014
Passport Req..
waived
LANDED..........
11-06-2014
MsCyn said:
Hi everyone!

I have some questions regarding sponsoring spouse to Canada.

I am an Indonesian and will be marrying a Canadian from Quebec in Indonesia this year.
We have decided that I should just follow him back to his home country. Just a little background of both of us, we have been together for 8 years and I have been going back and forth to Canada since 2007 by being sponsored by his parents and also stayed there for a year to complete my studies under a student visa.

Currently I am in my home country and should we proceed with the wedding this year, how should I apply for PR? Do I apply it in Canada or in Indonesia? And also the fact that he's from Quebec, I understand that I have to passed some requirements to migrate? Will it be more complicated? Applying in my home country would be faster to process right?

By the way, I currently have a 5 years TRV that's valid til 2016 sponsored by him.

Really appreciate if anyone can give some advice.
Thank you!
Semangat Mba MsCyn, kalau bisa kita contact2 ya..... saya rencana berangkat feb nih.... ;D :D

deshulina

Oct 22, 2012
Hello all I have a quick question. If I apply for a visiting visa before we send off the documents for the sponsoring and I don't get it, will that interfere somehow with the sponsoring latter on ?

juliajulyf

Star Member
Oct 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 14, 2013
AOR Received.
Nov 14, 2013
File Transfer...
Dec 02, 2013
Med's Request
Remed Request ; July 10,2014
Med's Done....
July 11,2013 ; ( Remed Done: July 14,2014 )
Passport Req..
June 05,2014
VISA ISSUED...
September 2014
LANDED..........
October 2014
hi everyone! im a Filipina married to a Canadian Citizen in the Philippines and we have a 7 month old baby,my question is are we going to include our baby for the medical exam since we are planning to go to Canada together in God's will.

P.S. we are just starting to gather documents! pls anybody out there wants to give us a helping hand i need lots of help and tips.thank u! :D :D :D

riva21

Mar 22, 2012
good day leon!

I just want to ask some advice because I am planning to study in canada, if ever I am luckily granted for a student visa I also planned to marry my partner who is a permanent resident in canada, is that possible or okay to marry my partner while i have student visa? if ever it is okay thus my partner have the privileged to sponsor me even if my partner stay for just almost a year all in all in canada, and that would be my partner stayed for 1 month in canada and go back in the philippines for 5 months and then she go back in canada for 6 months then return in philippines for almost 3 months and now she is in canada for almost a month. can she sponsor me if ever we'll gonna get married in canada ? and how long should it take and what should we need?

and also if ever i am luckily granted for student visa and i have 2 year program course, can i work off campus when i arrived in canada or should i stay for particular months for me to be able to get work? thank you leon i kow you will answer all my questions in a way that i will understand it clearly! thank you for helping all of us and god bless! :)

KaZRa

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Hi all, I am new here, looking for some insight :)

I am Canadian and engaged to an American, we plan to wed in November 2013. I am not sure how to begin the process for his immigration to Canada. Is there something we should be starting now or should we wait until he is here and we are married then apply for something? Everything I have read says it is much easier to do the process if he is already here. If he comes in say Sept. can he just stay or request permission to stay past his return date? I am seriously looking for some good advice as to where/how to begin this. Thanks!