+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

roysingh

Star Member
Oct 12, 2012
Hello Everyone, I got the email below from the MP's office that I should be receiving an email today requesting an updated medical. What does this mean ? Do I have to pay all the fees again and everything ? It's almost $ 500 and what does it mean for my case ? Does it mean the officer is finally reviewing it and it's moving forward ?

Dear

We have been advised that an email will be sent out today requesting an up
dated medical. All other documents have been received. Please advise if
you do not receive the email.

Thanks,

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
roysingh said:
Hello Everyone, I got the email below from the MP's office that I should be receiving an email today requesting an updated medical. What does this mean ? Do I have to pay all the fees again and everything ? It's almost $ 500 and what does it mean for my case ? Does it mean the officer is finally reviewing it and it's moving forward ?

Dear

Thanks,
I think that means your medical has expired and you will have to redo it. Wait for the email though because it may only request certain parts to be redone. On the bright side you are getting closer to the end.

elixir

Star Member
Aug 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 11/2012
AOR Received.
Oct 26/2012
File Transfer...
Oct 26/2012
Med's Done....
Aug 23/2012
Passport Req..
Nov 16/2012
roysingh said:

Dear

Is your medical more than an year old ?? if they then they will be askin for an updated Medicals. btw what is ur timeline ?

Thanks,

Paulo T

Oct 29, 2011
Hello All

So i have everything ready to send to my wife in canada, so almost there :), now just missing one thing i dunno how can be done, so i have a Statutory Declaration from friend in english and the criminal record translated, both have to be notarized, but here is the problem, the paper the notary gives and that certifies the translation and the declaration is in portuguese, they don't give in english, so i have no way to get that in english...unless i translate the notary certification and then then notarize that translation, but will get again a portuguese certication, but at least will be translated...dunno what to do, do they accept the certification of notary in portuguese, or better do another translation like i said?

Thanks all for the help.

SadieRoo

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/04/2013
AOR Received.
24/05/2013
Med's Request
22/04/2013
Med's Done....
18-02-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
None needed
LANDED..........
13-02-2014 Whoop Whoop !
I guess I am totally crazy when it comes to posting here because I cant find where I have posted or asked the questions I had to ask :'( :'( :'( :'( Here it goes one more time and I am sorry if you have read this a few time from me. My husband is a Canadian Citizen and I am American Citizen both living and working here in the US. We have been married for 9 years and have decided to move back to Canada to be near his family and friends. The paperwork is a little confusing so I am asking a few questions: I have the document checklist - sponsor and it does say that we might need the IMM0008 Generic Application as well.. so far we have printed off the checklist, sponsorship evaluation, application agreement and undertaking and questionnaire.. Can my husband sponsor me from the US working here right now? For Employment on the eval does he place his employment history from here in the US? He has had a few job interviews over the phone for Canada but no job yet there. Do we send all this together along with the $75 dollars? The fingerprints of myself, medical exam, and if needed police history ( I would think the fingerprints would be good enough?) along with these paperwork or does that come later when I apply for PR? do I have that done here in the US or in Canada the exam and fingerprints? I just want to make sure we do this right and start now since I am reading it takes 1 to 2 months to be approved and thats just to be a sponsor, would hate to have my hubby get a job up in Canada and go without me :'(

Thank you for all your help and again sorry if this is posted a few places, just new to this forum and its really good information but just not sure where to post things

SadieRoo

dannypee

Jan 29, 2013
Re: Spousal sponsorship london

Can anybody please help me my application status has been aplication recieved for months now however it does say medical records recieved they told me not to have another medical because they can extend my results. on the chart medical records recieved is in the desicion made box ?? am i at the end?? why does it not say in process is this common with london do they not update ??

any help would or advice would be great !!

emily_anya

May 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 03 2012
Doc's Request.
Jan 30 2013
File Transfer...
Sep 20 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Passport Req..
Jan 30 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 13 2013 :D
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
Hi....I got some correspondence finally from Ottawa! not sure if its good or bad though...here is what is says...

Dear XXXXX :

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

Ø RPRF, Family Class: Have your sponsor pay the Right of Permanent Residence fee in Canada. This must be received at this office by: 03/31/2013

Ø Income, proof: Proof of income for your sponsor. This includes, but is not limited to, employment letters, paystubs, tax documentation, bank statements, etc. This must be received at this office by: 03/31/2013

Ø Copy of your passport. This must be received at this office by: 03/31/2013

Please note:

All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations. When original documents are requested, notarised documents are not acceptable."

Is it acceptable to email scanned documents of everything? I'm assuming if they are asking me to pay the right of PR fee then its a good sign right? anyone had similar experience?

Thanks!!! :D

kennystewart80

Star Member
Nov 25, 2010
Peterborough
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-10-2012
File Transfer...
27-02-2013
Med's Done....
27-11-2012
My immigration medical was sent to Ottawa on 11th Dec, anybody have any experience of how long it might take to appear on ECAS?

herewecome

Dec 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-12
AOR Received.
17-01-13
File Transfer...
17-01-13
Med's Done....
07-12-12
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2013
I was under the impression that your medical is sent straight to your processing VO and there it is matched to your application. However 'Medical Received' showed on my Ecas quicker than I would expect the file to be transferred from Miss. to London (a few days). Looking at the December thread it seems someone else reports similar (unknown VO though). So what is the deal with this message? Are medicals going elsewhere now and matched sooner in Miss.?

yaye2009

Star Member
May 9, 2009
Sponsor AIP please Help

Hi every one Im kind of confused I got a AIP as a sponsor couple days ago but My wife didnt receive yet her letter of AIP we apply inland my question is:
My AIP(as a sponsor) mean My wife(principal applicant) she's likely to be approved as well for her AIP and Permanent resident or if I got My AIP mean she met already a requirement to apply for permanent resident .Please help me

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
docAJ said:
Hi!!
I have applied for my wife's case. My application was received by CIC, Mississauga on 2012/5/25. I attached Police records and Medical tests and then applied. New Delhi embassy sent her mail on 2012/09/23 informing us that they started processing of case and asked for passport. She sent the passport after two days. Since then there is no reply from embassy side till date. We don't know what is going on with her case? we left two mails with embassy to enquire but they are least bother.
its more than 4 months since embassy held her passport? What should we do? Is this normal holding passport for that long? Coming March her medical will gonna expire.
Thanks...
Arun
You should try and post in the New Delhi thread, and there is a spreadsheet where you can see when people sent their passports and when they got them back - but New Delhi asks for the passport at the beginning of the process, so it might be normal.

SadieRoo said:
I guess I am totally crazy when it comes to posting here because I cant find where I have posted or asked the questions I had to ask :'( :'( :'( :'( Here it goes one more time and I am sorry if you have read this a few time from me. My husband is a Canadian Citizen and I am American Citizen both living and working here in the US. We have been married for 9 years and have decided to move back to Canada to be near his family and friends. The paperwork is a little confusing so I am asking a few questions: I have the document checklist - sponsor and it does say that we might need the IMM0008 Generic Application as well.. so far we have printed off the checklist, sponsorship evaluation, application agreement and undertaking and questionnaire.. Can my husband sponsor me from the US working here right now? For Employment on the eval does he place his employment history from here in the US? He has had a few job interviews over the phone for Canada but no job yet there. Do we send all this together along with the $75 dollars? The fingerprints of myself, medical exam, and if needed police history ( I would think the fingerprints would be good enough?) along with these paperwork or does that come later when I apply for PR? do I have that done here in the US or in Canada the exam and fingerprints? I just want to make sure we do this right and start now since I am reading it takes 1 to 2 months to be approved and thats just to be a sponsor, would hate to have my hubby get a job up in Canada and go without me :'(

Thank you for all your help and again sorry if this is posted a few places, just new to this forum and its really good information but just not sure where to post things

SadieRoo
You can go back to where you have posted the initial thread http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/can-husband-who-is-a-canadian-citizen-who-lives-in-us-sponsor-his-wife-now-t133075.0.html;msg2039109#msg2039109 it's best not to post in too many different places.

emily_anya said:
Hi....I got some correspondence finally from Ottawa! not sure if its good or bad though...here is what is says...

Dear XXXXX :

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

Ø RPRF, Family Class: Have your sponsor pay the Right of Permanent Residence fee in Canada. This must be received at this office by: 03/31/2013

Ø Income, proof: Proof of income for your sponsor. This includes, but is not limited to, employment letters, paystubs, tax documentation, bank statements, etc. This must be received at this office by: 03/31/2013

Ø Copy of your passport. This must be received at this office by: 03/31/2013

Please note:

All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations. When original documents are requested, notarised documents are not acceptable."

Is it acceptable to email scanned documents of everything? I'm assuming if they are asking me to pay the right of PR fee then its a good sign right? anyone had similar experience?

Thanks!!! :D
Seems like good news - you can check with the US thread but usually when they request the passport + paying the RPRF they are ready to issue the visa. For the passport, it can be a scanned copy, and I suppose the rest as well as you would send copies anyway.

kennystewart80 said:
My immigration medical was sent to Ottawa on 11th Dec, anybody have any experience of how long it might take to appear on ECAS?
Difficult to give a timeline - it varies a lot and ecas is not always updated - sometimes it won't appear on ecas but it can still be there!
herewecome said:
I was under the impression that your medical is sent straight to your processing VO and there it is matched to your application. However 'Medical Received' showed on my Ecas quicker than I would expect the file to be transferred from Miss. to London (a few days). Looking at the December thread it seems someone else reports similar (unknown VO though). So what is the deal with this message? Are medicals going elsewhere now and matched sooner in Miss.?
It might be because they have a new system for the medicals and it's more electronic transmissions etc, so it might go faster now than it used to be.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
Re: Sponsor AIP please Help

yaye2009 said:
Hi every one Im kind of confused I got a AIP as a sponsor couple days ago but My wife didnt receive yet her letter of AIP we apply inland my question is:
My AIP(as a sponsor) mean My wife(principal applicant) she's likely to be approved as well for her AIP and Permanent resident or if I got My AIP mean she met already a requirement to apply for permanent resident .Please help me
AIP means first stage is approved, YOU are approved. Second stage is checking up on your wife

kennystewart80

Star Member
Nov 25, 2010
Peterborough
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-10-2012
File Transfer...
27-02-2013
Med's Done....
27-11-2012
I spoke to the call centre and they said the medical goes to Ottawa, they decide if its yes or no and advise your VO. They also told me 3 months but all the comments I've read were usually much quicker hence the question :)

kennystewart80

Star Member
Nov 25, 2010
Peterborough
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-10-2012
File Transfer...
27-02-2013
Med's Done....
27-11-2012
Hey folks

What actually happens at the end of the process? Your passed the medical and security etc?? I thought maybe you just receive your perm res card in the mail and that's it??

Does everybody have to have a permanent residence interview?

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
herewecome said:
We submitted my wife's medical with the application. My ECAS says medical received but both her medical and police check have now expired though nothing has changed in ECAS. Moral of the story: Don't rely on ECAS to be current or accurate.
I would think medicals would go to Ottawa and the be approved electronically to the VO. Just a guess.