Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
qtazngal said:
I know, took to long in my opinion. I was worried for a while coz I was thinking all of our personal information floating somewhere and I dont know where. They did not even give me an AOR. I also thought that maybe I have been away sooo long that they had to dig my files (any files about me from before) from the corners of the CIC world and that is why it took 200 days. Now, I think if I was thinking right, that we are exempt from any interview at ecas is now showing in process (second stage). I wont be surprise it this one takes long too. Well at least its moving on, slowly (very) but its moving.
Order your electronic notes - that will tell you why it took 200 days.

London is a rather fast office and the slow time by CPC-M won't impact the processing time in London. In my group (March 2012) the very first landing was for an application that went through London. I was fortunate enough to be the second.

qtazngal

Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 February 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
20-08-2012
Med's Done....
05 January 2012
Interview........
Waived
Hi Computergeek

Hope you are right about London VO.

BTW how to I order the electronic notes, please advice.

Thanks

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
qtazngal said:
Hi Computergeek

Hope you are right about London VO.

BTW how to I order the electronic notes, please advice.

Thanks
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/form-imm5563.asp

If you are ordering your own notes, there is no charge (it is a privacy act request). You want the electronic notes (option 4c as I recall). You should request for both of you (list one of you as the primary person, have the other person sign the IMM 5744 authorizing CIC to release their information).

actaruslair

Jan 15, 2012
Rivne, Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
Kyiv, Ukraine
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-24-12
Doc's Request.
07-27-13 + 07/17/13
AOR Received.
01-22-2013
Med's Done....
10-16-2012
Passport Req..
08-15-2013
actaruslair said:
Hey guys, I'm Canadian
I'm presently in Ukraine in a 2 yrs relation with my girlfriend*Ukrainian. We have our apartment and all here. I am planning to go back to Canada maybe this June. I would like to marry her and I am wondering what might be the best option, maybe you guys know.
What are my options....

I heard that the best idea would be to sponsor her while i will be in Canada,invite her as a friend and she gets a tourist/private visa. then marry her and start the process of PR ?
IS that correct ???? How to do it

Please help me out because i'm really confused with all this.
Hi everyone, (wow a lot happenned since that last message)
I must admit that I was not that active since my questions about sponsorship applications last year around the same time of the year but I must that now that i applied I am really eager to participate onto your forums. You guys have such a great community, I have been recommending your help and advice to every one I know who are looking for information on sponsorship/immigration. It's really awesome to see people helping each other like that.

Here's the progress of my sponsorship application and Perm.Res application of my wife and I.

We are applying from Ukraine. We are both outside of Canada. We are applying for a Spouse Sponsorship and we are going to live in the Province of Quebec.
Oct. 16th 2012: My wife's medical
Dec.15th 2012: payment of application
Dec. 28th. 20012 : Sent by courrier
Jan. 2nd 2013: date they say they have received the application (courrier gave us in-time notifications on 3rd)
Jan. 22nd 2013: Received the confirmation email from CIC.
Jan. 23rd 2013 : Was accepted as a sponsor by CIC. & My wife perm. residential application was forwarded to Kyiv, Ukraine.

Now I need to apply for undertaking in Quebec. I have two questions:
Should I add any additional documents or letters just like in the Canadian application?
How long does the undertaking application process might take?

PS. anyone knows how to add information (picture, age etc) on your forum profile. ? I can't find the option. The only one I see is to change the passwords.

anna35

Jan 24, 2013
mirkopal said:
If you are a PR, you must reside in Canada in order to sponsor your spouse. You can chance short vacations (remember that a Canadian vacation is generally no longer than 2 weeks) but if immigration finds out that you are not in Canada, you risk getting your application refused.

It is not exactly true. Yesterday the President of the Canadian Association of Immigration Lawyer called me. He told me that someone is resident in Canada when live minimum 6 months on Canadian soil each year. So someone can also take 1 month vacation during this period and HE IS STILL resident in Canada...
Hi, I just wanna ask if its possible for me to file an spousal visa..I filed my application re:working visa here in philippines last dec.20 and didnt received any reply..Yesterday, my husband who is a skilled worker in canada advised to withdraw my application because after he renew his card as skilled worker, he'll file for spousal visa with dependents..Please help!

wasim_ahmad1

Star Member
Feb 19, 2011
Calgary
Visa Office......
CPP OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Not Required
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2014
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
computergeek said:
I'd continue with the AINP process. Otherwise, you're looking at applying in August/September 2013 (you need to get your marriage certificate back which can take a month or two) for spousal. You may actually be in the final stages of AINP by then and you'd qualify for the open work permit. If in June your AINP application hasn't moved forward and you haven't qualified for the open work permit, you could then submit a spousal application - you are allowed to have parallel applications (economic and spousal) at the same time - you just can't have two of the same class of application (e.g., economic or sponsored family) at the same time.

In addition, PR under AINP means you have an unconditional PR. PR under spousal sponsorship is conditional - you must remain in the qualifying relationship for at least two years after landing, your spouse has promised to support you for three years, and you are yourself barred from sponsoring someone to come to Canada for five years after landing. While I hope none of these are an issue for you, these are reasonable issues to consider as well.

On a personal front, I think it's preferable to obtain PR on your own when possible - it eliminates any possibility that your spouse (or friends and family) suggest you used her or him to "get into Canada".
Thank you very much for your detail answer. I will start with your last point. I agree with it and I honestly don't want to start a new relationship based on this condition that I am going to get PR out of it. But just a question do I need to inform CIC about my marriage in May while my application is under process? Will that effect my application at all?

Secondly, my spouse does not work and she is off course not gonna do any kind of job even in future. Will it make any difference?

From your explanation, i am pretty much convinced that I should go for AINP process. I will appreciate your response again.

Ragards,

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
wasim_ahmad1 said:
Thank you very much for your detail answer. I will start with your last point. I agree with it and I honestly don't want to start a new relationship based on this condition that I am going to get PR out of it. But just a question do I need to inform CIC about my marriage in May while my application is under process? Will that effect my application at all?
Technically, yes, you are obligated to advice CIC about your marriage. However, it will not affect your application because you are marrying a Canadian - they don't need to review your spouse or add your spouse to your application.

wasim_ahmad1 said:
Secondly, my spouse does not work and she is off course not gonna do any kind of job even in future. Will it make any difference?
Certainly it doesn't matter for AINP. Even for spousal sponsorship it doesn't matter - you just have to convince CIC that you won't require social assistance. But I have seen stay-at-home partners successfully sponsor their works-outside-the-home partner for immigration to Canada before, so I don't think you'd have any issues.

wasim_ahmad1 said:
From your explanation, i am pretty much convinced that I should go for AINP process. I will appreciate your response again.
Good luck, regardless of what you decide.

cempjwi

Mar 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
31-Jul-12
Doc's Request.
09-Feb-13; Sent 13-Mar-13
AOR Received.
15-Oct-12; In-process 26-Mar-13
File Transfer...
15-Oct-12
Med's Request
02-Apr-13 Chest Xray Only
Med's Done....
14-May-12; 04-Apr-13 (Delivered 15-Apr-13)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2013 (Rcvd May 15th, 2013)
LANDED..........
1-July-2013
qtazngal said:
Hi Cempjwi :)

I know, took to long in my opinion. I was worried for a while coz I was thinking all of our personal information floating somewhere and I dont know where. They did not even give me an AOR. I also thought that maybe I have been away sooo long that they had to dig my files (any files about me from before) from the corners of the CIC world and that is why it took 200 days. Now, I think if I was thinking right, that we are exempt from any interview at ecas is now showing in process (second stage). I wont be surprise it this one takes long too. Well at least its moving on, slowly (very) but its moving.

Thanks Cempjwi
I have read other cases where some delay has occured on the hands of CIC (you know what I mean) and it seems that because of that they have processed those applications in record time. Hopefully this will be your case and you will find yourself buying tickets and planning a move before you know it!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
cempjwi said:
I have read other cases where some delay has occured on the hands of CIC (you know what I mean) and it seems that because of that they have processed those applications in record time. Hopefully this will be your case and you will find yourself buying tickets and planning a move before you know it!
The most egregious case I've read about personally is a US applicant for the in-Canada spousal category. When I exchanged messages with him (mid-2012), he'd been waiting six years for a decision. CIC's only response to inquiries was that they were working on it and his application was within normal processing times.

I kept that case in mind for when I was worried about my three years...

Ironsteel22

Jan 25, 2013
first post I'm an August sponser I have a couple of questions if anyone could help that would be great. 1st when sending in police certificate we only sent in a state one which I know isn't the right one but recieved my wife's f b I report 2 weeks ago now do I send this to them now and where do I send it I also have my 490$ permanent resident few receipt (I paid it 2 months after filing) but I don't know what to do with them cause I don't want them to get lost in ottawa any tips?
Secondly on my wife's state police report there are 2 crimes??? One for theft and one for forgery and on the f b I report there is just the forgery one but this is where I get confused she was 18 stupid kids doing stupid things lol and now is 36 just about 19 years have past with no other record no other convictions nothing just being a teenager one summer. I read about "deemed rehabilitated" honestly I'm not dumb I just don't understand the mumble jumble people are talking about any thoughts thanks for your time ::)
Oh and the past 6 years we have been married she has been able to enter and renter canada numerous times thanks for the help

qtazngal

Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 February 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
20-08-2012
Med's Done....
05 January 2012
Interview........
Waived
Many thanks for your advice Computergeek, you are star :D

Veraissa

Jan 3, 2013
Hi everyone!

I have a question about the fee online...
I paid the fee just a few min' ago
and I have a dilema, I'm not sure what name I'm supposed to write there,
mine (the sponsor) or the card holder (in my case - my husband=the principal applicant)
thank you very very much!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Beginner said:
Hi All

I have a question and would need a source as well to confirm my query; my query is:

My husband has PR and now he is in Canada to apply for my case. Does he need to stay till we get AOR of my file? or he can come back after applying my case?
Your husband has to stay in Canada until CIC finishes processing your file and your PR visa is issued. Short trips outside of Canada are OK (2-3 weeks). If he leaves for longer then you risk having the application refused due to non residency. Since he is a PR, he must be living in Canada when he submits the application to sponsor you and must continue living in Canada until your application is 100% approved. He can't leave after submitting your file and he can't leave after receiving AOR. He has to stay.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Veraissa said:
Hi everyone!

I have a question about the fee online...
I paid the fee just a few min' ago
and I have a dilema, I'm not sure what name I'm supposed to write there,
mine (the sponsor) or the card holder (in my case - my husband=the principal applicant)
thank you very very much!!
Either one. That information is used only if they need to refund the fee - which would imply there is a problem with your application.