Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
chelseaviel said:
Thank u so much computergeek!:) would u suggest me to email them and inform them about the mistake i've done? Or just wait for them to contact me?
That's a difficult question: on the one hand, it doesn't matter and thus they may never notice. On the other hand, if you wait until they point out the mistake - and they do so - it could add time on to the process.

If I were in that situation, I'd probably just wait on the theory that it doesn't matter and it certainly doesn't rise to the level of misrepresentation.

chelseaviel

Dec 15, 2010
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 04, 2012
Doc's Request.
addt'l docs sent on Jan. 11 and recv'd by CEM on Jan. 14 2nd addt'l docs reqt'd on Feb 26,2013 sent on March 21 recv'd on March 22,2013
AOR Received.
July 31,2012
File Transfer...
Aug.13, 2012...in-process June 7, 2013...DM July 11, 2013
Med's Request
May 09, 2013 (remed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 31, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jan. 03, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 19, 2013
LANDED..........
August 09, 2013
computergeek said:
That's a difficult question: on the one hand, it doesn't matter and thus they may never notice. On the other hand, if you wait until they point out the mistake - and they do so - it could add time on to the process.

If I were in that situation, I'd probably just wait on the theory that it doesn't matter and it certainly doesn't rise to the level of misrepresentation.
Wow what a promt response!:) im actually thinking the same that i just hope they wont notice it anyways what .really matter is my passport details not my sponsor coz im the one being requested.This whole process has been so stressful already :( thanks computergeek

Mlneron

Jan 11, 2013
Hi everyone,

I am Canadian and sponsoring my aussie boyfriend. We are going back in Canada in March and we were wondering if its better to do the INLAND application or OUTLAND?

We thought getting a bank account together and lease would be good so doing the INLAND would of been a better idea, knowing it's longer.
We are putting an extension tourist VISA and a open work permit application as well, so when the 1st stage is approve he can actually work.

He can't get a WHV because he is 35. He previously had one, and stay in Canada for a year, does he need to get fingerprints ?

I would like to have some advice, can we do the OUTLAND application while he reside with me in Canada?

I'm getting really confused !!

Thanks a lot !

Marie-Lou

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Mlneron said:
Hi everyone,

I am Canadian and sponsoring my aussie boyfriend. We are going back in Canada in March and we were wondering if its better to do the INLAND application or OUTLAND?

We thought getting a bank account together and lease would be good so doing the INLAND would of been a better idea, knowing it's longer.
We are putting an extension tourist VISA and a open work permit application as well, so when the 1st stage is approve he can actually work.

He can't get a WHV because he is 35. He previously had one, and stay in Canada for a year, does he need to get fingerprints ?

I would like to have some advice, can we do the OUTLAND application while he reside with me in Canada?

I'm getting really confused !!

Thanks a lot !

Marie-Lou
Start by reading the FIRST post in this thread. Yes, you can apply Outland, even if he is in Canada with you. In that case, he has "visitor" status and generally will be allowed to remain. If they schedule an interview, it would be done in Australia. Of course, he cannot WORK in Canada without a work permit until he becomes a landed immigrant.

Sydney is a very fast visa office, so in the time to get stage one inland he could be landed outland.

cempjwi

Mar 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
31-Jul-12
Doc's Request.
09-Feb-13; Sent 13-Mar-13
AOR Received.
15-Oct-12; In-process 26-Mar-13
File Transfer...
15-Oct-12
Med's Request
02-Apr-13 Chest Xray Only
Med's Done....
14-May-12; 04-Apr-13 (Delivered 15-Apr-13)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2013 (Rcvd May 15th, 2013)
LANDED..........
1-July-2013
byshael said:
hello everyone, my husband has been married in the philippines and got a divorce when they are both canadian citizens. He is sponsoring me for canada. We got married in hongkong for ease last May cause if we do it here in the phils, it would require more time and money re: lawyer/court order stuff...
In my application, i am required to submit an NSO certified marriage contract. Can anybody help me on the procedure so i can procure such? Thanks!
As far as I know all you need is the Divorce Decree from previous marriages and the Marriage Certificate from where your marriage took place (Honk Kong). As long as your marriage is recognized in Hong Kong and Canada, you may not need a Philippino NOS certified marriage contract (which you will not be able to obtain because your spouse is technically still married in the philippines to the previous spouse (because as you know, the philippines does not recognize a divorce performed in Canada).

a_mumtaz

May 2, 2011
Hello Everyone,

I desperately need information regarding my new born child file update. I applied for my wife in November 2012, I have not heard anything from CHC till 31st December and then I left Canada for parental leave. On 1st January 2013 we got our first baby born. Now question is....how can I update my child's information in my wife's file, get his medical done and pay his fees. I am out of Canada till 25th February 2013.

Let me provide more information to give you guys better idea. I emailed to CHC on 9th January 2013 about our baby's birth along with his Name, DOB and place of birth, I also mention applicant's name, DOB, sponsor's name and DOB along with payment receipt number. I am on PR in Canada.

I will appreciate your responses along with some experiences or hyperlinks to information.

Thanks & regards,

Mumtaz

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
a_mumtaz said:
Hello Everyone,

I desperately need information regarding my new born child file update. I applied for my wife in November 2012, I have not heard anything from CHC till 31st December and then I left Canada for parental leave. On 1st January 2013 we got our first baby born. Now question is....how can I update my child's information in my wife's file, get his medical done and pay his fees. I am out of Canada till 25th February 2013.

Let me provide more information to give you guys better idea. I emailed to CHC on 9th January 2013 about our baby's birth along with his Name, DOB and place of birth, I also mention applicant's name, DOB, sponsor's name and DOB along with payment receipt number. I am on PR in Canada.

I will appreciate your responses along with some experiences or hyperlinks to information.
Go through the forms that you filled out originally and note where you would have included the baby's information. Update those forms to include the baby's information, making sure to use the latest version of the forms. When done, you will have a subset of forms that have updates - send those to the visa office because that's what they will need in order to process your baby as part of the application.

Good luck, and congratulations on your new family member.

scoobydoo33

Star Member
Jan 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ABUDHABI-CONJUGAL PARTNER
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MAY 29, 2013
Doc's Request.
SEPTEMBER 19, 2013
AOR Received.
JUNE 18, 2013 : SA APPROVED
File Transfer...
JUNE 18, 2013
Med's Request
NOVEMBER 18, 2013
Med's Done....
NOVEMBER 20, 2013
Interview........
SEPTEMBER 19, 2013-PHONE INTERVIEW
Passport Req..
DECEMBER 3, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
DECEMBER 9, 2013
LANDED..........
MAY 31, 2014
I am new member here and hopeful to get an advice from you guys who has the knowledge with regards to the conjugal partner sponsorship.

My relationship with my Canadian boyfriend started March 2011 through internet. My boyfriend was a married Filipino citizen before migrating to Canada and became Canadian citizen. He filed a divorce and got the certificate last month.

I am from Philippines and currently working here in Bahrain for a couple of years already. We started our relationship March 2011 and decided to meet each other in the Philippines last November 2011 to meet each others families as well. We stayed together for almost one month there. He went back to Canada to work and i went back to Bahrain for my work. Our communication from day 1 of our relationship is unbelievable,everyday we talked through skype, i should say every 12 hours we talk,long distance relationship now a days is not so hard when it comes to ways of communication but it is freaking hard because couples are really far from each other.

We both want to be together, and we both agree it is better to start our lives together in Canada as he is giving financial child support to his daughter. My boyfriend came to visit me twice last year and stayed together for less than a month.

Are we as a couple be a strong candidate to be in conjugal category?
Can someone with experience and knowledge help me out in what the best steps/method for us to be together?

Thank you

Mlneron

Jan 11, 2013
Hi everyone,

we are wondering if we can do the application OUTLAND if we are both INSIDE Canada. My boyfriend will be on a visitor visa (he will send his extension in his PR application).

we thought it would be better and faster. We want to get an apartment together as well, would it be a good idea ?

Thanks.

tamarindball

Sep 10, 2012
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
November 30, 2012
AOR Received.
December 11, 2012
File Transfer...
January 9, 2013
Med's Done....
November 13, 2012
Yes you can do outland as it doesn't matter whether you are both in Canada. It's really which VO (visa office) the application is sent to that determines inland or outland so let's say you're from the UK and you decide to do outland the papers would be sent there if you so advise them to.
Mlneron said:
Hi everyone,

we are wondering if we can do the application OUTLAND if we are both INSIDE Canada. My boyfriend will be on a visitor visa (he will send his extension in his PR application).

we thought it would be better and faster. We want to get an apartment together as well, would it be a good idea ?

Thanks.
Leon said:
So you are in the situation that you want to sponsor your foreign spouse for permanent residency of Canada and don't know where to start. Here are some tips:

Married, common law or conjugal partners

First you need to pick an application class. There are three of them: married, common-law and conjugal. For all of them, you need to prove the genuineity of your relationship. For common-law, you need to prove that you have lived together for 12 months or longer. For conjugal, you need to prove that you have combined your affairs as much as possible but there are real immigration barriers or other barriers preventing you from living together or getting married. Conjugal is the hardest to prove. For example, if your partner could get a visit visa to come to Canada for 6 months and then apply for an extension to get the full year, even though they will not be allowed to work, that is not considered an immigration barrier. An immigration barrier is if your partner tries to get a visit visa to come to Canada and is repeatedly refused. Some people have had luck with the conjugal class but try to avoid it if possible.

Outland or inland?

Now you need to decide if to apply outland or inland. If your spouse is not in Canada and can not get a visa to go to Canada, you must apply outland. That means that you will send your application to Mississauga and they will approve you as a sponsor. The time that takes is usually 1-2 months to but current processing times can be seen here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/process-in.asp#sponsorship After that, the application is forwarded to your local visa office. If your spouse is residing in a country other than the country of their nationality, you can pick which of the two visa offices you want. Otherwise it will be processed in their country of nationality. You can see the processing times here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/05-fc-spouses.asp

If your spouse is staying in Canada as a visitor or on some other visa, you can pick whether you want to apply outland or inland. Outland is generally faster and has appeal rights but a downside to outland is that if an interview is required, your spouse will have to travel to the visa office in the country where it's being processed. Inland has the downside that it's generally not advised that your spouse travels while you are waiting for your processing because it is a requirement of inland that they reside in Canada and if they are denied entry at the border for some reason, your application is gone. If an interview is required for inland, you may also have to wait a long time for it. The inland application would be sent to Vegreville and if all goes well, you would get a first stage approval, usually in 6 to 8 months. The current processing times can be seen here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/process-in.asp#perm_res Then the file is forwarded to your local CIC office where you live and they will contact you for a landing appointment. Getting the PR with inland usually takes 12-18 months. If an interview is required for inland, Vegreville will not give first stage approval but instead will forward the application to the local CIC office without it and you will have to wait for them to have time for your interview. In some cases that can take a year or two. If you do get the first stage approval, your spouse will usually be eligible for health care and an open work permit. It is actually a good idea when applying inland to send an application form for a visit visa extension as well as the open work permit to be given at first stage approval all in one package so it's tied together.

Which method to pick depends on your situation. If your spouses country of nationality has a long processing time or your spouse does not want to have to travel there for a possible interview, then inland is the way to go. For faster processing and freedom of travel during the processing time, outland would be better. You can find the application forms for inland at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp and the application forms for outland at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp

Avoiding potential problems with your application

The most common reason for people to be called for an interview is that the visa officer has doubts about the relationship being genuine. It is up to you to send immigration some quality data, emails, chat logs, phone records, photos, letters and other material to prove to them that your relationship is the real thing. Other reasons you might have problems with is eligibility of the sponsor. The sponsor can not be on social assistance, can not be bankrupt and can not have a record of violent crimes or crimes against family members. If that is the case, better talk to a lawyer and get that cleared up before attempting to apply.

Dependent children

If your spouse has dependent children, they must be included in the PR application, even if they are not coming to Canada. They will need to have medicals as well to keep the option open to sponsor them later. The only way that immigration will accept the application without those medicals is if the children are no longer minors and refuse to have it or if the children are in the full custody of their other parent who refuses to make them available for medicals. In that case, your spouse needs to sign a statement stating that they know that they will never be able to sponsor these children to Canada in the future.

Dependent children are classified as single and either under 22 years of age or if they are older, they must have been full time students since before age 22 or dependent on their parent due to a disability or medical problem.

Refusals due to income and medicals

You will be asked to provide information about your income but you will not be denied to sponsor your spouse and dependent children because you do not make enough money. It is possible though that if you make absolutely no money at all that immigration may ask you how you plan to support yourselves.

Spouses and dependent children are also exempt from the clause about excessive demand on health care so you do not have to worry about them being refused for that reason.

Sponsoring your spouse while living in another country

If you are a Canadian citizen, you can sponsor your spouse without being in Canada but you do then have to prove that you are planning on moving to Canada when your spouse gets approved for permanent residency. Such proof can include having arranged jobs, being accepted to college, having arranged housing or letters from friends & relatives stating that they know of your plans and that you can stay with them while you look for housing etc.

If you are a PR, you must reside in Canada in order to sponsor your spouse. You can chance short vacations (remember that a Canadian vacation is generally no longer than 2 weeks) but if immigration finds out that you are not in Canada, you risk getting your application refused.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
scoobydoo33 said:
I am new member here and hopeful to get an advice from you guys who has the knowledge with regards to the conjugal partner sponsorship.

My relationship with my Canadian boyfriend started March 2011 through internet. My boyfriend was a married Filipino citizen before migrating to Canada and became Canadian citizen. He filed a divorce and got the certificate last month.

I am from Philippines and currently working here in Bahrain for a couple of years already. We started our relationship March 2011 and decided to meet each other in the Philippines last November 2011 to meet each others families as well. We stayed together for almost one month there. He went back to Canada to work and i went back to Bahrain for my work. Our communication from day 1 of our relationship is unbelievable,everyday we talked through skype, i should say every 12 hours we talk,long distance relationship now a days is not so hard when it comes to ways of communication but it is freaking hard because couples are really far from each other.

We both want to be together, and we both agree it is better to start our lives together in Canada as he is giving financial child support to his daughter. My boyfriend came to visit me twice last year and stayed together for less than a month.

Are we as a couple be a strong candidate to be in conjugal category?
Can someone with experience and knowledge help me out in what the best steps/method for us to be together?

Thank you
I don't think you qualify, as you can easily get married in another country.

jiahuayin

Jan 10, 2013
Hi friends,

If living in Canada but apply OUTLAND, does it mean the applicant should send the Passport to the Visa office OUTLAND ? And the Visa Office will return back the Passport in Canada ?

Thank you in advance.

cempjwi

Mar 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
31-Jul-12
Doc's Request.
09-Feb-13; Sent 13-Mar-13
AOR Received.
15-Oct-12; In-process 26-Mar-13
File Transfer...
15-Oct-12
Med's Request
02-Apr-13 Chest Xray Only
Med's Done....
14-May-12; 04-Apr-13 (Delivered 15-Apr-13)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2013 (Rcvd May 15th, 2013)
LANDED..........
1-July-2013
Mlneron said:
Hi everyone,

Thanks.
This seems to be a controversial subject on here. This is my take on the matter.

1) Let's say you are a citizen of Australia and you live in Australia. You can apply requesting to be processed at the Outland Visa Office for Australia.

2) Let's say you are a citizen of Australia and you live in Canada:

2.a) You can apply requesting to be processed at the Outland Visa Office for Australia.
2.b) You can apply requesting to be processed Inland in Canada.

3) Let's say you are a citizen of Australia and you live in neither Australia nor Canada:

3.a) You can apply requesting to be processed at the Outland Visa Office for Australia.
3.b) You can apply requesting to be processed at the Outland Visa Office for the country you live only if you have been legally admitted for at least one year in that country, that is, if at the time of your admission at the port of entry your stay was granted for at least one year. Extended tourist visas do NOT usually count. This applies to people that have lost their legal status after their visas expired but those applicants may not be eligible for a PR visa to Canada. CPC-M may in some cases accept the length of the last valid visa (except for tourist visas) as fulfillment for this requirement as opposed to the length of time between the last entry and the expiration of the visa (for example, someone initially entered a country on a 3-yr work visa but the last entry - let's say, after a short vacation abroad - was done when that work visa was good for only 6 months).
3.c) You can apply requesting to be processed at the Outland Visa Office for the country where you live if you have not been legally admitted for at least one year in that country, but your application will most likely be forwarded to the Visa Office that handles applications for your country of citizenship. A drawback to this is that if you are required for an interview it will be conducted at that visa office.

Experts? Have I summarized this in a way that is understood easily? Is it complete?

cabo4shawn

Jan 17, 2013
Hi,

My wife and I are trying to figure out what forms to fill out, how much we have to pay and what we need to provide to get her the permenant resindency.

I am Canadian, our two children are Canadian, we are in Canada my wife is here on her Mexican tourist visa. Any help would be great this is sooo confusing and frustrating for us! We really want to get this done but seems like there a ton paper work to do and I dont know if some of it even applys to us being that I am Canadian as well as our children. What other stuff do we need to do?

PLEASE HELP!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
cabo4shawn said:
My wife and I are trying to figure out what forms to fill out, how much we have to pay and what we need to provide to get her the permenant resindency.

I am Canadian, our two children are Canadian, we are in Canada my wife is here on her Mexican tourist visa. Any help would be great this is sooo confusing and frustrating for us! We really want to get this done but seems like there a ton paper work to do and I dont know if some of it even applys to us being that I am Canadian as well as our children. What other stuff do we need to do?

PLEASE HELP!
My advice - take your time. Sit down and read the forms and instructions. Set them aside. Read them again the next day. Prepare a list of the documentation you need to gather - get the police certificates first, the medical examination last. In between do birth, marriage and divorce certificates. Organize things according to the checklist - I used a 6" ring binder with sheet protectors and tabs so as I gathered documents I could insert them in the right place and I could easily access them.

Only your wife is being sponsored. Thus, the cost will be $75 (sponsor fee) + $475 (applicant fee) = $550 for the application. In addition, you must pay $490 ("right of permanent residence fee") in order to receive the Confirmation of Permanent Residence document. The fastest processing is to pay all fees up front.

After you have gone through the checklist and documents a dozen times, they won't seem nearly as intimidating.

Good luck!