27 Feb 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28 May 2013
VISA ISSUED...
7 Aug 2013...DM: 14 Aug 2013
computergeek said:
The Call Centre can provide the applicant their UCI from inside Canada.
I have question about medical exam form IMM1017 that needs to be submitted with spousal application.
I heard with the new system(e-medical) Copy1 of IMM1017 is to be submitted as to the old Copy 2 IMM1017. My wife did her medical and the physician gave her the old form. Does any1 know if they are still accepting the old forms? I guess not all panel physicians are updated to the new e-medical system. Any comments will be appreciated!!!Thanks.

Mlneron

Jan 11, 2013
If we want to apply from INSIDE Canada, where do we find the open work permit application to put with our sponsorship application ?

Thanks.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Mlneron said:
If we want to apply from INSIDE Canada, where do we find the open work permit application to put with our sponsorship application ?

Thanks.
"Application to extend my stay, change conditions, etc..."

It's actually the renewal form.

cempjwi

Mar 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
31-Jul-12
Doc's Request.
09-Feb-13; Sent 13-Mar-13
AOR Received.
15-Oct-12; In-process 26-Mar-13
File Transfer...
15-Oct-12
Med's Request
02-Apr-13 Chest Xray Only
Med's Done....
14-May-12; 04-Apr-13 (Delivered 15-Apr-13)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2013 (Rcvd May 15th, 2013)
LANDED..........
1-July-2013
maverick.dexter said:
I have question about medical exam form IMM1017 that needs to be submitted with spousal application.
I heard with the new system(e-medical) Copy1 of IMM1017 is to be submitted as to the old Copy 2 IMM1017. My wife did her medical and the physician gave her the old form. Does any1 know if they are still accepting the old forms? I guess not all panel physicians are updated to the new e-medical system. Any comments will be appreciated!!!Thanks.
If all answers fail here I would call the dorctor's office (which is always a joy because in my experience they are the worse... I wonder how CIC picks them out. Both doctor's offices I contacted were very unresponsive; one office only called me back after I left several messages and the other NEVER called me back - you would think that for the outrageous fees they charge they would have better service). Ask if they are aware of the new forms and if they aren't, pray CIC does not return your application.

cherrylou

Jan 14, 2013
Hi Everyone,

I need advice please....

I want to get an advice regarding my spousal sponsorship. I am married to USA citizen and I sponsor him last July 2012 and still waiting for approval from CIC. Our papers is already in ottawa for stage 2 . My husband and I planning for him to come here this coming March 2013 to visit and wait for his PR. Are we allowed to do that since american citizen is allowed to stay in canada for 6 months?

G.Ysabelle

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
sent Jan. 30, 2012, CIC received Feb. 02
Doc's Request.
Appendix A; Orig. NSO AOM; Passport; PP pics. of my kids - non accompanying
AOR Received.
AOR Feb. 2; DM & Approval May 8, 2012
IELTS Request
Exam date 09/2010 Band Score 7
Med's Done....
Jan. 09, 2012
Passport Req..
Received by CEM May 18; Letter dated June 6; Received June 14; Addt'l docs. sent June 22
computergeek said:
The VO has the option to request extension of your medicals. Alternatively, you can obtain a new medical evaluation and then the VO can issue the visa and COPR.

In addition, note that OP 1 "Procedures" Section 5.28 says:

You may wish to point this out to the VO as well - taking some pressure off you is certainly a very good idea.

At this point you need to push back on the visa officer. Indeed, I would write this down, very clearly, and explain the situation, including the pressure to land prior to January 8, the inability to obtain a proper Canadian travel document for your child and the subsequent "solution" of obtaining a facilitation visa for your child's foreign passport but the need to obtain your own passport back from the visa office.

Without your passport and visa, you couldn't travel to Canada in any case - so they are going to have to reset the medical expiration and reissue the visa. With your passport and visa, you can then go get your daughter's passport and then go back to the Canadian embassy and obtain the facilitation visa, without the extreme time pressure.

It may be worthwhile for your Canadian sponsor to contact the MP's office for the district in which he resides as well and see what that office can do to help.

Good luck!
Thank you soo much Computergeek, you continue to be soo helpful to people who are really in need of help.

Another roadblock i should say, when my husband seek assistance from our MP to follow up our daughter's Citizenship Application which was filed way back July 2012 (more than the processing times already) we then received last Jan. 8 an email for a DNA test for our daughter for the reason that she was already more than a year old when we filed her certificate... that's another $$$ with which they should have asked us before, we had wasted 17 months waiting then now they will ask for it. We have no choice but once again follow what they want... i am presently awaiting direction from Embassy Manila when my daughter can get her DNA test, my husband already paid for these.

January 8, my medical is already expired.... Embassy Manila email me a re-medicla request on the January 9, and on January 10 they were able to return my passport to apply for my daughter's local passport which is successful... my daughter's passport will be released on Jan. 26th. Had my re-medical too, that i am expecting the embassy will get it in 10 to 14 days.

Now, the issue with DNA which is a well known fact that if it's done here in the Phils. will really take some time (another months of agony waiting), we seek assistance again from our MP to asked the embassy if facilitation visa is still an option for us... and with the response of the embassy it seems they will only approved FV if it's an urgent/emergency cases only... ours is not an urgent anymore.

this is the content of their emal:

"Facilitation visas are issued on an exceptional basis and must have a strong justification for issuance due to the need to travel to Canada on an emergency or urgent basis. There is no standard period of issuance. Applications are assessed on case by case basis and will be generally issued for 90 days or less.

The following documents must be submitted along with a completed application:

- Proof of citizenship of the Canadian parent
- NSO birth certificate of the child
- Proof that an application for Canadian citizenship has been applied for the child
- Written explanation on the child's need to travel to Canada
- Reason why a facilitation visa is being applied for rather than a Canadian passport

Please be advised that the application should be submitted through the Call Centre. Contact the numbers below to set an appointment. Once a schedule has been arranged, the completed application will be picked up by a courier at the specified address and will be delivered to our office for processing. The courier service is available all over the Philippines. Please note that an incomplete application will be returned at the applicant’s expense. Also, the letter of invitation and documents submitted by friends or relatives must be included to ensure the information is reviewed by the visa officer. Processing time for this type of application is 10 to 15 working days"

It was very clear when the rude Visa Officer from Embassy Manila told me to get back to them once i have the local passport of my daughter to apply for Facilitation Visa..... now they confused us by sending this email. Will it be ideal that we still apply the facilitation visa? or just another waste of money? We will go get her DNA but again we can no longer bear the another wasted months of waiting for the result... he really want us to be with him. We are obviously a genuine family and even my husband can't take anymore all these absurd requirement they asked from us... though many were saying having a child born here in the Phils. with a canadian parent, the embassy will surely give these applicant the hardest time to be reunited with her own family in Canada... such a beautiful life!!! It's not about reunification but controlling lives of people and destroying families...... sorry, just needed to vent out :(

sammara12

Star Member
Apr 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you, Lord!..got my DM last Jan. 13, 2013!... :):):)

flakky2020

Jan 18, 2013
I am a Canadian PR holder who intends to sponsor my husband who's based in Nigeria. I however have not worked for a year because of my pregnancy and child birth. Can i still sponsor my husband? if yes, on what grounds? lastly, in the Sponsor Evaluation form, do i thick the unemployed and explain why?
What are my options to avoid my application for eligibility being refused?

Also in filling the "Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking form". Completing the Part 1, Question 1 box: which box are we to tick? the (i) withdraw your sponsorship application or (ii) proceed with the application for permanent residence; considering the initial position of unemployment but getting additional documents like support letters, etc.

Thanks house!

G.Ysabelle

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
sent Jan. 30, 2012, CIC received Feb. 02
Doc's Request.
Appendix A; Orig. NSO AOM; Passport; PP pics. of my kids - non accompanying
AOR Received.
AOR Feb. 2; DM & Approval May 8, 2012
IELTS Request
Exam date 09/2010 Band Score 7
Med's Done....
Jan. 09, 2012
Passport Req..
Received by CEM May 18; Letter dated June 6; Received June 14; Addt'l docs. sent June 22
sammara12 said:
Thank you, Lord!..got my DM last Jan. 13, 2013!... :):):)
Congratulations Sammara!!!! it just sucks my PR is all ready for a long time, was just on hold bec. of my daughter's travel document.... just sucks!!!!!

pumpkinhead

Jan 14, 2013
Hey all, again have to express how informative this is but I have a question hmmm more like a situation where my wife have submit my in-Canada class sponsorship and its been a year and a month and it still say in-process and my multiple entry visa expired in nov2012 and I'm waiting but my mom had a massive stroke and is in the hospital, how can I go about traveling back home to see her and not affect my application and even may not allow back here etc. I'm so confused right now because I heard there is nothing I can do but wait, god knows that I hope her don't take a turn for the worst, honestly at this point I really dont care but I need to go back if means my wife have to come with me and we start the process all over again outside canada. Need an expert advise on this one. My mom is my lifeline and really hope she don't go before I see her next. Help plsssssssssss.

jdug

Jan 19, 2013
Re: Spousal sponsorship , Please help !

First Post may be someone could help me please !

Another Tricky Scenario:

OK first of all amazing info , thanks all ! Still confused as my case is a bit different. I would be really grateful if someone could help me ! TIA.

So my situation is like this :

I am currently a Permanent Resident living in Canada from almost 3 yrs now and work in an IT company , I have been in a relationship with a girl since we were in school i.e. 2004 , by that I mean we went to school together , then got our jobs together in the same company (Infosys) but finally I decided to move as my family immigrated , so I left my job & came to Canada for good , but pretty soon she was able to come to Canada through her company's onsite project ( Client Location ) on an LMO , closed work permit. She has been in the country from April of 2012 and her LMO expires April 2013 . We recently had our families meet & got the marriage fixed. ( Indian Culture ;) ) that means we are officially engaged.

But the problem is :

Her company is not extending the LMO , that means she has to go back , which I don't want at all as this is going to effect us badly in 2 ways first personally , she is going to be too far ( even though she is living in a different province but we still meet once in a month and talk several times a day ) & secondly but importantly professionally ( she would have a big gap of not having Canadian experience (if she goes back) in her career after we get married and she comes to Canada after 8-10 months which I am not a big supporter of as I have had the tough times to go through Canadian Job market as an Immigrant.

So what I would like to know :

Is there a way that I can have her stay here , someone told me to get married , but I don't know how that would help as PR takes a long time to come and she cannot work until she gets her PR. I want to stay in the country and work as well , I don't have a problem getting registered marriage now as our religious marriage is planned to be end of this year. The case is 100% genuine and I just want to know a way to execute the visa process in a better way that can help both of us by letting her stay here and at the same time work. ( I know people say find an employer willing to give a LMO , I know but that's next to impossible.) So it would really be helpful if someone could step in and help us.

Thanks,
JD

MaudGonne

Jan 19, 2013
Hello forum members,

This is my first post to seek clarification to some questions please.

My Canadian partner and I are 2.5 years into a long distance relationship between Canada and Ireland. We're both divorcees with a child each - 10 yr old (me), 16 yr old (him). We have reached the stage in our relationship where we want to build a life together and Canada is the place we want to do that. We have been back and forth across the Atlantic for the past two and a half years with my daughter and I spending the summers of 2011 and 2012 in Canada. I'm just back from two weeks there.
From the research done to date family sponsorship seems to be the best way to proceed.

My understanding of the CIC regulations regarding conjugal partnership sponsorship is that there must be a legal or religious impediment to the couple living together and this must be proven, in order to apply under this class.

For the common law status to apply we must live together for one calendar year and that is not possible as I do not have a visa and for my daughter to attend a school in Ontario we must have a visa also. Can one apply for a six month visa and then apply for a second one in order to have 12 months together?

Am I correct in thinking the only option open to us is marriage?

Thank you in advance for any advice.

MaudGonne

ccgirl39

Jan 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, pls advise me on this...as I have said I am already overstayed. Now I am close to gather all d papers. And I am now getting the ploice clearance would I be detected by the police if they run through their computer? thanks

chipits

Sep 24, 2012
MaudGonne said:
Hello forum members,

This is my first post to seek clarification to some questions please.

My Canadian partner and I are 2.5 years into a long distance relationship between Canada and Ireland. We're both divorcees with a child each - 10 yr old (me), 16 yr old (him). We have reached the stage in our relationship where we want to build a life together and Canada is the place we want to do that. We have been back and forth across the Atlantic for the past two and a half years with my daughter and I spending the summers of 2011 and 2012 in Canada. I'm just back from two weeks there.
From the research done to date family sponsorship seems to be the best way to proceed.

My understanding of the CIC regulations regarding conjugal partnership sponsorship is that there must be a legal or religious impediment to the couple living together and this must be proven, in order to apply under this class.

For the common law status to apply we must live together for one calendar year and that is not possible as I do not have a visa and for my daughter to attend a school in Ontario we must have a visa also. Can one apply for a six month visa and then apply for a second one in order to have 12 months together?

Am I correct in thinking the only option open to us is marriage?

Thank you in advance for any advice.

MaudGonne
Yes, it is possible to apply for a six month visa and then apply to extend it in order to meet the twelve months requirements.

Of course, there are no guarantees that the visa would be extended, but you could try it.

I don't know how it would work with your daughter going to school, I don't have any experience with that.

Otherwise yes, your only option is to get married as you are correct about the conjugal class, it wouldn't apply to you.

Good luck :)

maplegal86

Dec 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2012
File Transfer...
12-09-2012
Med's Request
07-06-2013
Med's Done....
16-05-2012. Remed: 10-06-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2013
LANDED..........
01-09-2013
Re: Spousal sponsorship , Please help !

jdug said:
First Post may be someone could help me please !

Another Tricky Scenario:

OK first of all amazing info , thanks all ! Still confused as my case is a bit different. I would be really grateful if someone could help me ! TIA.

So my situation is like this :

I am currently a Permanent Resident living in Canada from almost 3 yrs now and work in an IT company , I have been in a relationship with a girl since we were in school i.e. 2004 , by that I mean we went to school together , then got our jobs together in the same company (Infosys) but finally I decided to move as my family immigrated , so I left my job & came to Canada for good , but pretty soon she was able to come to Canada through her company's onsite project ( Client Location ) on an LMO , closed work permit. She has been in the country from April of 2012 and her LMO expires April 2013 . We recently had our families meet & got the marriage fixed. ( Indian Culture ;) ) that means we are officially engaged.

But the problem is :

Her company is not extending the LMO , that means she has to go back , which I don't want at all as this is going to effect us badly in 2 ways first personally , she is going to be too far ( even though she is living in a different province but we still meet once in a month and talk several times a day ) & secondly but importantly professionally ( she would have a big gap of not having Canadian experience (if she goes back) in her career after we get married and she comes to Canada after 8-10 months which I am not a big supporter of as I have had the tough times to go through Canadian Job market as an Immigrant.

So what I would like to know :

Is there a way that I can have her stay here , someone told me to get married , but I don't know how that would help as PR takes a long time to come and she cannot work until she gets her PR. I want to stay in the country and work as well , I don't have a problem getting registered marriage now as our religious marriage is planned to be end of this year. The case is 100% genuine and I just want to know a way to execute the visa process in a better way that can help both of us by letting her stay here and at the same time work. ( I know people say find an employer willing to give a LMO , I know but that's next to impossible.) So it would really be helpful if someone could step in and help us.

Thanks,
JD
There are a 2 ways you could do this in my opinion.
1) Get married in Canada legally. File outland PR application (assuming you are Indian citizens, so New Delhi CHC). She goes back in April and you wait it out til she gets her PR approved. ND is being horribly slow these days, so be prepared for her to wait it out for up to 10 months. This way, she can continue her job in India til she gets her PR

2) Get her to apply for visitor visa and stay with you. File inland application. This takes longer than outland, up to a year or more I have heard. Pros: She'll be with you physically. Cons: She'll have to quit her job. Can't work on visitor visa. You may apply for an Open Work Permit once you file outland application, but that too takes time, so there will be a period where she'll be ineligible to work.

Also, in both cases, get plenty of pictures of your parents and her parents together, friends and family together. Since you and her go back a long way, show old emails, letters etc. VERY IMPORTANT since she was on a LMO and now wants to apply for PR as a spouse, you'll need to show strong evidence of a relationship.

Good luck!