+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

mandn

Dec 3, 2012
Sweden said:
Go back to the doctor and ask for the copy of the form, and include it in your application package.
Good luck,
Sweden
Hi thanks for your answer.

I have another question about police checks

The certificate must have been issued no more than three months prior to submitting your application. If the original certificate is not in English or French, then you will need to submit both the certificate and the original copy of the translation prepared by an accredited translator.
Applying outland requires us to contact the police in her country and obtain the original certificate and the translated one. However my wife already received these documents about 1 year ago when she requested them for the LICG program. Since that time she has never been back to her home country so is it really necessary to get another police certificate and translate it again when it will be exactly the same as the one we already have?

Also she has lived in Canada for over 1 year . So do we also need to get an RCMP check and a Police Record check? (we got a police record check 1 year ago but not an RCMP one)

tuyen

Oct 19, 2012
Tronna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mandn said:
I have another question about police checks
my wife already received these documents about 1 year ago when she requested them for the LICG program.
The instructions (and answers) to pretty much all of your questions are right there in the Sponsorship Guides (for both the sponsor and the applicant):

For outland applications:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3900ETOC.asp

and

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3999Etoc.asp

For inland applications:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5289ETOC.asp

mandn said:
is it really necessary to get another police certificate and translation again when it will be exactly the same as the one we already have?
From the Sponsorship Guide:

"The certificate must have been issued no more than three months prior to submitting your application."

mandn said:
Applying outland requires us to contact the police in her country and obtain the original certificate and the translated one.
It doesn't matter if you're applying inland or outland. She will need a police clearance certificate from EVERY country that she's lived in for more than 6 months since the age of 18, other than Canada.

mandn said:
Also she has lived in Canada for over 1 year . So do we also need to get an RCMP check and a Police Record check? (we got a police record check 1 year ago but not an RCMP one)
Again, from the Sponsorship Guide:

"These documents are to be provided for each country other than Canada, in which you have lived for six consecutive months or longer since reaching the age of 18."

Manere

Dec 5, 2012
Quebec
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/03/2015
Doc's Request.
4/11/2015
AOR Received.
16-04-2015
File Transfer...
4/05/2015
Med's Done....
23-12-2014
Hi everyone,

I been Reading to check if I can find some help about mi situation.

Im Mexican, my boyfriend is Canadian form Montreal, we met in april 2010 in Czech Republic, we fell in love and since January 2011 he's been living and working here in Mexico, that will make almost 2 years in Mexico, and we will make 2 years living together in February 2013. We got engaged the last September 14th. Now as you can see we want to go live in Canada but we are not married yet, but we are expecting leave Mexico next year, however, We are thinking to apply to sponsorship but I think the process won’t be easy and will be long. Any advice that you can give me to we can do it well and don’t get refused???

We have done some forms of the application, but still missing a lot of things.

Do you think it will work the sponsorship??

Manere

mandn

Dec 3, 2012
On some of the questions in the sponsor application it asks for dates. Now if my wife is currently still living at my residence can she just write CURRENT in black pen in the spaces where it asks for a month, day and year or do we put in todays date even though we are going to submit our application in about 1 month or do we estimate it and write the date when we think we will be submitting our application.

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
mandn said:
On some of the questions in the sponsor application it asks for dates. Now if my wife is currently still living at my residence can she just write CURRENT in black pen in the spaces where it asks for a month, day and year or do we put in todays date even though we are going to submit our application in about 1 month or do we estimate it and write the date when we think we will be submitting our application.
If that's where she will be living even after the application is submitted, just hand write in "current" or "present". If your wife has to move back to her country or somewhere else while the app is being processed u can just let Cic know when it happens.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Manere said:
Hi everyone,

I been Reading to check if I can find some help about mi situation.

Im Mexican, my boyfriend is Canadian form Montreal, we met in april 2010 in Czech Republic, we fell in love and since January 2011 he's been living and working here in Mexico, that will make almost 2 years in Mexico, and we will make 2 years living together in February 2013. We got engaged the last September 14th. Now as you can see we want to go live in Canada but we are not married yet, but we are expecting leave Mexico next year, however, We are thinking to apply to sponsorship but I think the process won't be easy and will be long. Any advice that you can give me to we can do it well and don't get refused???

We have done some forms of the application, but still missing a lot of things.

Do you think it will work the sponsorship??

Manere
Hey Manere,

It's always worth to try and the best way to make sure that your application is approved is to prepare very well.... if you have been living for more than 12 months together you can already apply now as "common-law". If your partner has been living with you in Mexico and working there, then you should apply soon... you don't need to wait until you are married.
I don't see ( from what you say) why you would not be approved.... you have been living together for more than a year, and he has moved to your country to be with you, so now you are considering going to Canada but you probably have proofs of your relationship etc... so go for it! :) fill out the forms, get everything ready ( best way to make sure that your application is not delayed is to send a complete application), and send everything... he would be sponsoring you outland, and he will need to prove that he is returning to Canada, but if he includes a plan, a letter from family etc it should be all good!
Good luck,
Sweden

Manere

Dec 5, 2012
Quebec
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/03/2015
Doc's Request.
4/11/2015
AOR Received.
16-04-2015
File Transfer...
4/05/2015
Med's Done....
23-12-2014
Sweden said:
Hey Manere,

It's always worth to try and the best way to make sure that your application is approved is to prepare very well.... if you have been living for more than 12 months together you can already apply now as "common-law". If your partner has been living with you in Mexico and working there, then you should apply soon... you don't need to wait until you are married.
I don't see ( from what you say) why you would not be approved.... you have been living together for more than a year, and he has moved to your country to be with you, so now you are considering going to Canada but you probably have proofs of your relationship etc... so go for it! :) fill out the forms, get everything ready ( best way to make sure that your application is not delayed is to send a complete application), and send everything... he would be sponsoring you outland, and he will need to prove that he is returning to Canada, but if he includes a plan, a letter from family etc it should be all good!
Good luck,
Sweden

Thanks Sweden, we will do it . We are preparing now all the forms we need to fill. But sometimes worries me the fact that we are not married yet. But we will try anyway we have more good things to get than things to lose.

Thank you very much :)

Manere

Dec 5, 2012
Quebec
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/03/2015
Doc's Request.
4/11/2015
AOR Received.
16-04-2015
File Transfer...
4/05/2015
Med's Done....
23-12-2014
Sweden said:
Hey Manere,

Good luck,
Sweden

By the way do you know what kind of strong proves can we present to they dont doubt about of real relation??

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Manere said:
Thanks Sweden, we will do it . We are preparing now all the forms we need to fill. But sometimes worries me the fact that we are not married yet. But we will try anyway we have more good things to get than things to lose.
Canadian immigration officials do not view common-law any different than married. Under Canadian Law they are equivalent. I realize that may be different than your own country and social norms, but CIC will use Canadian laws and norms to evaluate your application.

As to your second question, you want evidence that supports your story - you will write a narrative that explains your relationship to the CIC officer. The evidence should corroborate that story. So it can include letters, e-mails, chat logs, evidence of travel, evidence of living together, letters from family/friends attesting to your relationship, as well as evidence from neutral third parties such as ministers, doctors, etc.

Good luck!

Manere

Dec 5, 2012
Quebec
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/03/2015
Doc's Request.
4/11/2015
AOR Received.
16-04-2015
File Transfer...
4/05/2015
Med's Done....
23-12-2014
computergeek said:
Canadian immigration officials do not view common-law any different than married. Under Canadian Law they are equivalent. I realize that may be different than your own country and social norms, but CIC will use Canadian laws and norms to evaluate your application.

As to your second question, you want evidence that supports your story - you will write a narrative that explains your relationship to the CIC officer. The evidence should corroborate that story. So it can include letters, e-mails, chat logs, evidence of travel, evidence of living together, letters from family/friends attesting to your relationship, as well as evidence from neutral third parties such as ministers, doctors, etc.

Good luck!
Thank you very much!! it helps a lot :)

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Manere said:

Thank you very much :)
AS computergeek said - common-law is not a problem. As long as you can prove that you have lived at least for 12 months together, then you're fine. In your case, it's almost 2 years, so it should not be a problem, both to "qualify" as common-law (12 months minimum, you have more) and to prove your relationship - if you have been living together as a couple for almost 2 years, and your partner has moved to your own country to be with you, it won't be difficult to prove that you are a couple... CIC will evaluate 2 things mostly : first, if you have serious intentions to return and establish yourself in Canada (that's the sponsorship part: intention to return to Canada + criminal background for your boyfriend), and second, if you're a real couple ( and well, after living together for 2 years in your country, there should not be much doubts), and your own background (clean criminal record etc).
The process is time-consuming and confusing at times, but you can get help from the forum if needed, and after a while, it starts to make more sense.
Good luck with the process,
Sweden

nilrev11

Dec 24, 2012
hi guys i need your help once again..we have trouble answering few questions on our form..my girlfriend and I applied under FSW to canada..I declare her as my common law partner, but we lack sufficient proofs so she was denied..after a year we got married and is about to sponsor her..there is one question though that confuse me..Its question 17..Have you ever been married, in a common-law or in a conjugal relationship?..We declared that we are in common-law relationship before..other than that I never been engaged in any reltionship until the time we got married...Am I going to write her name for this question?

Thank you so much in advance.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
nilrev11 said:
hi guys i need your help once again..we have trouble answering few questions on our form..my girlfriend and I applied under FSW to canada..I declare her as my common law partner, but we lack sufficient proofs so she was denied..after a year we got married and is about to sponsor her..there is one question though that confuse me..Its question 17..Have you ever been married, in a common-law or in a conjugal relationship?..We declared that we are in common-law relationship before..other than that I never been engaged in any reltionship until the time we got married...Am I going to write her name for this question?

Thank you so much in advance.
They mean anyone OTHER than the person you're sponsoring.

pritha

Star Member
Oct 8, 2012
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
VEGREVILLE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2013
AOR Received.
31-07-2013
File Transfer...
11-03-2014
Med's Request
Sent with App
Med's Done....
14-06-2013
Interview........
11-06-2014
Passport Req..
waived
LANDED..........
11-06-2014
Hey Guys!

I'm just wondering where could i get the OWP form application? I could submit OWP application along with the PR application right? (I'm planning for applying inland)

I'm a newbie here so i have lots of Questions in my mind , but i think thats it for now..

Thanks in advance ;)

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pritha said:
I'm just wondering where could i get the OWP form application? I could submit OWP application along with the PR application right? (I'm planning for applying inland)
You can use this change of status form: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp

On page 1, #3 just check "work permit with new employer". On page 3, #1 you pick open work permit. You can write in "other" something like "Requesting open work permit upon first stage approval" so they wont think you want it right away.