none
Passport Req..
28-11-2012 (copy only)
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
LANDED..........
15-12-2012
computergeek said:
Yes, you complete B4/B4A forms to declare what you are bringing to Canada. This avoids the need to pay tax on them.
Blondie1216, You'll also need proof of residence outside Canada for the last year. If you lived in a country for which you needed a visa, just show the visa. But if you lived in a country of which you're a citizen, you'll need something like utility bills, tax forms, etc. For someone who's never lived in Canada at all, they're probably not going to be too demanding.

mandn

Dec 3, 2012
computergeek said:
She can be anywhere in the world, including inside Canada.

CIC is geographically challenged - remember, they consider Ottawa to be outside Canada.

"Inland" versus "Outland" is really more about "where do we process the application" not about "where is the applicant" - strictly speaking, you can only file inland if the applicant is in Canada, but outland is allowed if the applicant is anywhere in the world.
Hi thanks for your answer.

In the outland "Part 3 Information guides" my wifes guide says

"PHOTOS
Supply nine (9) recent photos for each member of your family and yourself (accompanying and non-accompanying). Photos submitted must be properly labeled at the back with the applicant's name, date of birth and signature. Follow the instructions in Appendix B: Photo Specifications"

Why does she have to submit photos of her family members? They are not immigrating to Canada.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
mandn said:
Hi thanks for your answer.

In the outland "Part 3 Information guides" my wifes guide says

"PHOTOS
Supply nine (9) recent photos for each member of your family and yourself (accompanying and non-accompanying). Photos submitted must be properly labeled at the back with the applicant's name, date of birth and signature. Follow the instructions in Appendix B: Photo Specifications"

Why does she have to submit photos of her family members? They are not immigrating to Canada.
If you refer to the guideline in that case family members are defined as children and spouses. So if you're sponsoring only your wife, and no children, it's only pictures for her.
Good luck,
Sweden

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
mandn said:
They mean "people being examined as part of this application". Thus, your spouse/partner and any dependent children, whether accompanying or not.

They do NOT want pictures of brothers, sisters, parents, the sponsor, etc.

mandn

Dec 3, 2012
computergeek said:
They mean "people being examined as part of this application". Thus, your spouse/partner and any dependent children, whether accompanying or not.

They do NOT want pictures of brothers, sisters, parents, the sponsor, etc.
Sweden said:
If you refer to the guideline in that case family members are defined as children and spouses. So if you're sponsoring only your wife, and no children, it's only pictures for her.
Good luck,
Sweden
Thanks for your help.

A marriage certificate, birth certificate, Family Register or certified official copy and a translation of your unaltered "Koseki Tohon" and "Kaiseigen Koseki Tohon" (all names in the register, even the ones that have been removed due to death, marriage, change of residence, etc) including details of your birth, marriage and divorce (if any) must be submitted. All names of your family members, even the ones that have been removed due to death, marriage, change of residence, etc., must be included. The translation should be in English or French and done by a certified translator.
So if I read this correctly
I need
1. our marriage certificate( original OR official copy - which doesn't need to be translated since we got married in Canada)

2. Her birth certificate (Translated or not? Her original won't be in english but it does not state it needs to be translated...)

3. Family Register? For this does family indicate "My wife and I and our kids (we don't have any)" or my wife's Mother, Father and Brother????
Does it need to be translated or not..? I was confused about this But I read here ( http : //canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/kaiseigen-koseki-tohon-spouse-sponsor-for-japan-t30825.0.html) that "Family Register" and Koseki Tohon are the same thing. ....

4. Koseki Tohon - It is essentially the same as #3? DO we need to contact the Japanese government and get them to update this document to include our marriage before we submit this to CIC?

5. "Kaiseigen Koseki Tohon" ( Just the translated version?) I guess this is an older and slightly different version of #4 and hopefully we can still get a copy of this somewhere. Im assuming this one is for her parents and siblings and has nothing to do with me?

blondie1216

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2012 received 26-03-2012
AOR Received.
27-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012
Med's Done....
11-25-2011 extension requested from IO 11-20-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
December 27th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
January 14th, 2013 Decision Made!
LANDED..........
In a minute!
computergeek said:
Fill out the B4/B4A forms in advance.
Thank you once again.

blondie1216

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2012 received 26-03-2012
AOR Received.
27-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012
Med's Done....
11-25-2011 extension requested from IO 11-20-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
December 27th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
January 14th, 2013 Decision Made!
LANDED..........
In a minute!
frege said:
Blondie1216, You'll also need proof of residence outside Canada for the last year. If you lived in a country for which you needed a visa, just show the visa. But if you lived in a country of which you're a citizen, you'll need something like utility bills, tax forms, etc. For someone who's never lived in Canada at all, they're probably not going to be too demanding.
Ok I've never lived there but I will also carry my old bills from here just in case they need them. I don't need a visa so I don't have one of those to show.

Thanks so much

chub chub

Star Member
Sep 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2010
Nomination.....
April 4 , 2011
AOR Received.
May 25, 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
August 10 ,2011
Med's Done....
August 13 ,2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
October 17,2011
VISA ISSUED...
November 9 , 2011
LANDED..........
FEB 1 , 2012
Merry Christmas everyone! Thank you for your usual helpful insights. I am sponsoring my husband to Canada thru spousal sponsorship, and just found out we have document we might need or not. We met at University of Makati Philippines in 2002 then he transferred to another University after just a year.. In our document we said that we met at University of Makati but he did not have any paper that proves he studied in the same university with me. Does he need to get the transcript from Makati or leave it be? Since he enrolled at Rizal technological University as freshman not declaring his units from University of Makati. Will the Immigration look for the transcript of the school we first met since he did not graduate in there?

another question, I was sponsored by my Auntie in 2010 and I am PR in Canada, now here in the Philippines recently married and completing papers for my Husband's application. I just like ask something under Sponsorship Evaluation IMM 5481 Item No.5 what does it mean by number of persons under previous undertakings. Does it mean the number of persons I declared in my papers back in 2010 i.e. my parents and brother not accompanying in Canada?

One more thing, I would like to ask - I will be filing for spousal sponsorship for my husband, since we have a joint account opened in 2009 and we got recently married in December of this year does the joint account will classify us as a conjugal relationship? or is ok as proof of our long-time relationship? I am just worried because if the joint account will classify as conjugal, this will be trouble for us because I did not declare him on my immigration here.

Thank you!

chipits

Sep 24, 2012
chub chub said:
Merry Christmas everyone! Thank you for your usual helpful insights. I am sponsoring my husband to Canada thru spousal sponsorship, and just found out we have document we might need or not. We met at University of Makati Philippines in 2002 then he transferred to another University after just a year.. In our document we said that we met at University of Makati but he did not have any paper that proves he studied in the same university with me. Does he need to get the transcript from Makati or leave it be? Since he enrolled at Rizal technological University as freshman not declaring his units from University of Makati. Will the Immigration look for the transcript of the school we first met since he did not graduate in there?

another question, I was sponsored by my Auntie in 2010 and I am PR in Canada, now here in the Philippines recently married and completing papers for my Husband's application. I just like ask something under Sponsorship Evaluation IMM 5481 Item No.5 what does it mean by number of persons under previous undertakings. Does it mean the number of persons I declared in my papers back in 2010 i.e. my parents and brother not accompanying in Canada?

One more thing, I would like to ask - I will be filing for spousal sponsorship for my husband, since we have a joint account opened in 2009 and we got recently married in December of this year does the joint account will classify us as a conjugal relationship? or is ok as proof of our long-time relationship? I am just worried because if the joint account will classify as conjugal, this will be trouble for us because I did not declare him on my immigration here.

Thank you!
So you haven't sent the paperwork yet? Because you should declare in the background that he did credits at Makati, no matter how few. I don't know how the Manila office does it (assuming you are going through there) but I doubt you will need the transcript if he just declares that he did a few credits at that university.

Previous undertakings refers to people you have sponsored in the past, so you do not need to fill in anything.

A joint bank account does not make you conjugal (by which I think you mean common law). To be in a common law relationship you must have lived together for at least one year. If you lived with your husband for one year before you landed in Canada then you cannot sponsor him. If you did not, it does not matter for how long you've had a joint account open, but it definitely will help show your relationship is genuine, so include it in your application!

nilrev11

Dec 24, 2012
hi everyone..i am currently a permanent resident here in canada..before i get here, i include my girlfriend in my application under Federal Skilled Worker Category..but unfortunately due to lack of documents proving our common law relationship she was denied..i then continue my application and arrived in canada november last yir..we decided to get married this december and is now about to process of sponsoring her..i have few questions though.

1. do i need to have a regular full time job to sponsor her?or i can find another job during the processing period?
2. do we still need to declare that we are in common-law relationship before we get married to be consistent with our previous declaration?

thank you in advance...

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
nilrev11 said:
hi everyone..i am currently a permanent resident here in canada..before i get here, i include my girlfriend in my application under Federal Skilled Worker Category..but unfortunately due to lack of documents proving our common law relationship she was denied..i then continue my application and arrived in canada november last yir..we decided to get married this december and is now about to process of sponsoring her..i have few questions though.

1. do i need to have a regular full time job to sponsor her?or i can find another job during the processing period?
It's not required, but you need to explain to the VO why you won't require social assistance. Note that in making this determination, both your and your wife's skills and resources can be considered.

nilrev11 said:
2. do we still need to declare that we are in common-law relationship before we get married to be consistent with our previous declaration?
I would, yes. When the VO reviews your previous application, you want it to be consistent with what you said before. You declared your relationship and it was the VO's decision not to have her examined.

Note that you are exempt from the Section 125(9)(d) exclusion, because you qualify for the Section 125(10) exception:

(10) Subject to subsection (11), paragraph (9)(d) does not apply in respect of a foreign national referred to in that paragraph who was not examined because an officer determined that they were not required by the Act or the former Act, as applicable, to be examined.
Section 125(9)(d) is the clause that says a family member not declared and examined in your initial application is excluded from the family class. But because you declared her and the VO decided not to examine her, you may sponsor her.

Good luck!

Umair4590750

Star Member
Dec 24, 2012
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad :p
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am new here. Any 1 give me link of "protest against canadian embassy in Islamabad" link on facebook.
I want to join this Group.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
chub chub said:

Thank you!
Also - just make sure that you return to Canada before sending off the application because as a PR of Canada you must be residing in Canada to be able to sponsor your husband. So it's OK to be in the Philippines to prepare the file etc, but keep in mind that you will have to wait until you are back in Canada to be able to send the file. Also - you must stay in Canada for the time of the application, you can go and visit your husband for about 2 weeks but make sure that you don't stay out of the country for too long.
Good luck, and Merry Christmas,
Sweden

mandn

Dec 3, 2012
My wife did her medical a few weeks ago in Canada. We did not get a copy 2 of the imm 1017 form when we left. We just have the receipt. Im assuming that is not good enough for CIC. So do we have to go back to the doctors office and request this document? Will we have to do the medical exam all over again and pay 500 dollars again? We are applying outland.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
mandn said:
My wife did her medical a few weeks ago in Canada. We did not get a copy 2 of the imm 1017 form when we left. We just have the receipt. Im assuming that is not good enough for CIC. So do we have to go back to the doctors office and request this document? Will we have to do the medical exam all over again and pay 500 dollars again? We are applying outland.
Go back to the doctor and ask for the copy of the form, and include it in your application package.
Good luck,
Sweden