Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
cdnmom said:
Good morning,

I have been reading your forum for a little bit and have found some very helpful information on here so....

I am wondering if someone can provide a little information.
My son and his wife have their application all ready to be sent... however we rec'd misinformation regarding the police check from CIC call centre.
They were told to wait for paperwork before going to have the police check done... we were concerned this may delay the sponsorship application so I called again and was told to include the police check with the initial application.
They went to have the police check done, but because she had changed her name on her National identity card it didn't match her passport... so they had to go have her name changed on her passport before the police would do the background check. It will take a week to get the police check back and then mailing time...
So my question is... and sorry for rambling... Can we submit the sponsorship application and forward the police check when we receive it??
Or will he get moved to the missing document pile... and then up sitting for extended period of time.

Thank you :)
It's always best to wait until you have a complete package. Your son and his wife could send the application off without the police check, but then they will probably cause more delays for themselves (than the only 1 week delay to receive the police check) since the application could possibly be mailed back to your son as incomplete. It's not really possible to send the police check on 1 week later because when everything is in the Mississauga centre, the visa officers won't be able to match up the police check with his file until it's actually on a visa officers desk (really not advisable). Their best option is to wait for her police check to arrive and send it all together. Frustrating, yes, however, I'm sure it would be significantly more frustrating to receive the entire package back as incomplete and will cause much longer delays.

Good luck to them. First stage approval seems to be very quick lately, so once they get the police check they shouldn't be waiting for long!

cdnmom

Dec 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
AOR Received.
12-01-2013
File Transfer...
31-01-2013
Med's Request
27-01-2014
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2014
Thanks Tink23
That is what we were thinking!!
Very pleased to have found this forum and to see how quickly the sponsorship apps are getting approved :)

Linda.raftl

Apr 24, 2012
Thank you very much for all your answers!

I would have 2 more questions guys: I am sponsoring my husband from outside of Canada to go to live in Quebec and I saw that after we receive approval from CICC, Quebec is asking to provide a proof of residential address in Québec
For example: a copy of an invoice or statement of account from an electric or cable company, or an invoice for school or municipal taxes featuring the person’s name and address. But how can I if I am applying from abroad? Do you have any idea?

My second question would be if after we receive approval from CICC if we can go to Quebec right away and then apply for Quebec immigration from there?

Thank you very much for your support!

Linda

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
Linda.raftl said:
Thank you very much for all your answers!

I would have 2 more questions guys: I am sponsoring my husband from outside of Canada to go to live in Quebec and I saw that after we receive approval from CICC, Quebec is asking to provide a proof of residential address in Québec
For example: a copy of an invoice or statement of account from an electric or cable company, or an invoice for school or municipal taxes featuring the person's name and address. But how can I if I am applying from abroad? Do you have any idea?

My second question would be if after we receive approval from CICC if we can go to Quebec right away and then apply for Quebec immigration from there?

Thank you very much for your support!

Linda
If I understood correctly, you, the sponsor, are living outside of Canada, and so is your husband the applicant, so you need to complete this form (in lieu of providing proof of Quebec residence):

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/fr/parrainage/A-0539-F.pdf

Since you're applying outland, your husband will need to wait for the permanent resident visa issued by your visa office before landing as an immigrant (unless your husband has or can obtain a visa for some other purpose (say, study)). The Quebec Selection Certificate (CSQ) that MICC issues doesn't give the applicant the right to move to Quebec until CIC has processed the rest of the application. The CSQ application only takes about 20 working days, so it shouldn't add much time.

Good luck, and when you've applied, feel free to add your CSQ application info to the spreadsheet (link is in my signature).

Popo012

Star Member
Sep 30, 2012
Computergeek

I applied for health card in Quebec after I received my first approval letter.I got approved,I am able to have Heath card,everything well done.Now I'm waiting for my card,they will send it to me in the begging of the next month.Im really happy for that.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
Wasn't sure where to post this, didn't feel right to make another thread so I'll ask here :)

Any idea if the "living in Ontario" rule for OHIP can be applied if the person has been in Ontario since for over a year now as a visitor? My husband was asking last night if he really had to wait 3 months after landing. I told him I was pretty sure but I'd ask anyway :)

Linda.raftl

Apr 24, 2012
Thank you for your answer and the document.

Question: And if CIC processes the application, sends us the permanent resident visa can we go to Quebec at this point and send the Quebec application from there? Because as you might know, there is a sponsorship application for Quebec as well.

Your help is much appreciated! :)

Linda

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
Linda.raftl said:
Thank you for your answer and the document.

Question: And if CIC processes the application, sends us the permanent resident visa can we go to Quebec at this point and send the Quebec application from there? Because as you might know, there is a sponsorship application for Quebec as well.

Your help is much appreciated! :)

Linda
For outland applications you have to be approved as a sponsor before you apply for the CSQ, and only after you have the CSQ will the visa office give you the visa. The CSQ is a step in the middle.

Here's the order for outland applications:
1. You submit complete sponsorship and permanent residence applications to CIC
2. CIC approves the sponsor, sends you a letter indicating sponsorship approval, forwards your application to your visa office (depends where in the world you are)
3. You submit complete Quebec CSQ application along with a copy of the approval letter from CIC
4. Quebec approves the CSQ application, sends you a letter saying that you're approved, and simultaneously sends your visa office a letter saying that you're approved
5. Visa office approves applicant, then sends passport request (PPR)
6. You submit passport (or a copy, depending where you're applying), the visa office office issues the visa or COPR.
7. You land as an immigrant.

In between each step there's a wait. There are lots of spreadsheets for different visa offices that you can look at to get an idea how long each step takes.

I hope that's a clear explanation. You'll want to read the instructions in all the applications very carefully - it can be confusing! Good luck!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
parker24 said:
Wasn't sure where to post this, didn't feel right to make another thread so I'll ask here :)

Any idea if the "living in Ontario" rule for OHIP can be applied if the person has been in Ontario since for over a year now as a visitor? My husband was asking last night if he really had to wait 3 months after landing. I told him I was pretty sure but I'd ask anyway :)
Unfortunately it doesn't apply to visitors. He'll have to wait for three months after he lands to qualify for OHIP.

tuyen

Oct 19, 2012
Tronna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NF said:
hi. I want to sponsor my fiance, he is a refugee in germany. how can i sponsor a refugee? whats the terms? we have been together for more than 3 years. i was refugee in turkey for 3 years and when i applied to come to canada i said them that im in a relationship ... i came to canada 1 month ago and he is still in germany. if i want to get marry to him we need his passport and his passport is not available...im so confused .. what can i do?im sure there is a way... please help me with your information. :'(
Germany is one of those countries that almost TRIES to make it difficult for non-Germans to get married. It's possible, yes, but you have to REALLY want it...or you have to have no other option. In your case, it sounds like you have no other option, so here's what you need to do, step-by-step:

1. Find someone who speaks German AND English. If neither you nor your fiance know anybody, you will have to hire someone.

2. Get the phone number for your local Standesamt (Office of Vital Statistics) and get their hours of operation. It's almost always located in the town hall. When you call, ask the clerk to tell you EXACTLY what documents you should bring with you in order to get married. This varies depending on the city/town. Some will insist on a passport, others will not. If they insist on a passport, explain your situation, and ask them if you can provide an affidavit in lieu of a passport. If they say yes, you can go to the nearest embassy or consulate of your fiance's country, and tell them you need a sworn affidavit attesting to the fact that he's a citizen of that country but he doesn't have his passport because <whatever the reason is>. Have him bring ALL forms of identification that he has with him from his home country and also from Germany.

3. Go with your translator to the nearest Legal Assistance Office, and tell them you require an affidavit for a Statement of Being Single (also known as a Certificate of Non-Impediment to Marriage). Both of you will need to get one. If either of you has been married before, you will need to bring your divorce certificate with you.

4. During the time window in which the Standesamt is open, go with your fiance and the translator, and bring all the documents that they told you to bring on the phone.

5. Tell them you're there because you want to file a Notice of Impending Marriage (Antrag auf Eheschliessung).

6. They will get all the necessary paperwork from you, and then they will send it off to the higher regional court of Nurnberg (Oberlandesgericht Nürnberg). While you're there, they will ask you to pay the registrar's fee, which will be around 65 Euros (plus or minus a small amount, depending on the city/town you're in), and also the higher court fees, which will be around 50 Euros.

7. When your case has been processed, they will contact you and tell you to come down to the Standesamt to pick up your marriage license and they will give you a date for when you can have your civil ceremony, which will also be at the Standesamt. From the day you give your Notice of Impending Marriage, it will take between 2-6 weeks until you actually get married.

8. On the day of your marriage, bring your translator and go down to the local town hall for your wedding. Bring your marriage license, as well as any forms of ID that you have. After the marriage ceremony, they will tell you how long it will be until you receive your marriage certificate in the mail.

An important thing to keep in mind: Germany requires that ALL of your documents must be translated into German, and each document must have an Apostille (certified copy) to go with it. That means your fiance (and you) will have to get your original birth certificates translated into German and then certified.

In total, with all the various processing fees and document translating/certification fees, plus the cost of your translator, you should expect to pay between 500 to 1000 Euros for everything.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --&gt; Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
scylla said:
Unfortunately it doesn't apply to visitors. He'll have to wait for three months after he lands to qualify for OHIP.
Thank you Scylla! That's what I thought, but I figured I'd double check :)

NF

Dec 10, 2012
tuyen said:
Germany is one of those countries that almost TRIES to make it difficult for non-Germans to get married. It's possible, yes, but you have to REALLY want it...or you have to have no other option. In your case, it sounds like you have no other option, so here's what you need to do, step-by-step:

1. Find someone who speaks German AND English. If neither you nor your fiance know anybody, you will have to hire someone.

2. Get the phone number for your local Standesamt (Office of Vital Statistics) and get their hours of operation. It's almost always located in the town hall. When you call, ask the clerk to tell you EXACTLY what documents you should bring with you in order to get married. This varies depending on the city/town. Some will insist on a passport, others will not. If they insist on a passport, explain your situation, and ask them if you can provide an affidavit in lieu of a passport. If they say yes, you can go to the nearest embassy or consulate of your fiance's country, and tell them you need a sworn affidavit attesting to the fact that he's a citizen of that country but he doesn't have his passport because <whatever the reason is>. Have him bring ALL forms of identification that he has with him from his home country and also from Germany.

3. Go with your translator to the nearest Legal Assistance Office, and tell them you require an affidavit for a Statement of Being Single (also known as a Certificate of Non-Impediment to Marriage). Both of you will need to get one. If either of you has been married before, you will need to bring your divorce certificate with you.

4. During the time window in which the Standesamt is open, go with your fiance and the translator, and bring all the documents that they told you to bring on the phone.

5. Tell them you're there because you want to file a Notice of Impending Marriage (Antrag auf Eheschliessung).

6. They will get all the necessary paperwork from you, and then they will send it off to the higher regional court of Nurnberg (Oberlandesgericht Nürnberg). While you're there, they will ask you to pay the registrar's fee, which will be around 65 Euros (plus or minus a small amount, depending on the city/town you're in), and also the higher court fees, which will be around 50 Euros.

7. When your case has been processed, they will contact you and tell you to come down to the Standesamt to pick up your marriage license and they will give you a date for when you can have your civil ceremony, which will also be at the Standesamt. From the day you give your Notice of Impending Marriage, it will take between 2-6 weeks until you actually get married.

8. On the day of your marriage, bring your translator and go down to the local town hall for your wedding. Bring your marriage license, as well as any forms of ID that you have. After the marriage ceremony, they will tell you how long it will be until you receive your marriage certificate in the mail.

An important thing to keep in mind: Germany requires that ALL of your documents must be translated into German, and each document must have an Apostille (certified copy) to go with it. That means your fiance (and you) will have to get your original birth certificates translated into German and then certified.

In total, with all the various processing fees and document translating/certification fees, plus the cost of your translator, you should expect to pay between 500 to 1000 Euros for everything.
thanks for your helping. i really want to do this and im going to complete and translate our documents. i knew there is a way... your information was really helpful thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks :)

miracle2012

Oct 11, 2012
Looks like there is no visa or updates before Christmas. I wish my dear one was with me to celebrate it. Looks like, now i have to go to India to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Please Delhi immigration, please show us some sympathy and help us out.

Even people who submitted after us got the visa....

lunas

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/07/2012
AOR Received.
11/07/2012
Med's Done....
8/15/2012
Passport Req..
03/14/2013
LANDED..........
04/19/2013
Hi guys, I'm worried about my police records. I am a September applicant and we got through stage 1 so far. Will CIC ask me to redo my police records? I also had to submit records from another country and those were EXTREMELY difficult to get. Those records expired a little bit after CIC received our application . Is there a chance that Ottawa will be ok with those and not ask to renew them?

browstone

Dec 12, 2012
Thank you so much for this post. I am completely overwhelmed and it is nice to read something that is clear and concise. I have but one question at this point. I haven't filed my taxes in about 5 or 6 years so I am very paranoid about the option C requirement. I am sponsoring my spouse to come to canada and I thought showing a minimum level of income was not needed as no kids are involved. I have a letter from my employer stating my length of service and my annual income. Is that enough...I seem to be so focused on Option c I can hardly think of anything else and many answers that I have read are conflicting. Can someone help me.