Interview........
No
Passport Req..
May 7, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2015
LANDED..........
June 08, 2015
Okay here a thing abt my case we have been married for two years lol we have a daughter i get very less time to email or sometimes
Even talk to my husband cuz kids always have issues so finding phone bills as my phone is prepaid, hard to find emails and we never written a letter lol i hope our daughter prove them that we r genuine lol

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
kappacc said:
so I reside in Canada and wish to keep working while my sponsor application is being processed. What are the ways in which I can do this? I was originally here on an IEC visa and have applied for another one of these. If I apply now for the sponsor PR, will this cancel my IEC application?
No - applying for PR won't cancel your IEC visa.

If you want to work past the expiry of your IEC visa, then you really have two options: Apply for a second IEC visa if you qualify. Find an employer who is willing to give you a job offer and also obtain an approved labour market opinion - and then apply for a closed work permit.

Kishie

Jun 22, 2012
Re: Spousal sponsorship - Reply #5988 on: November 02, 2012, 07:48:08 am »

computergeek said:
I remember reading this and thinking that it shouldn't matter - only the legality of the marriage matters. The other things you mention go to legitimacy, not legality, so they are useful for establishing how you are handling the different cultural and religions between you two. If anything, they argue against having an MOC.

Good luck!
Thanks for answering my question.

Just one more point, will the visa officer consider our case as Marriage of Convenience (MOC) or not?

sammara12

Star Member
Apr 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
computergeek said:
I'm sorry your ex-partner dislikes your son so much - it is always sad when a child is forced to live with a parent that would treat them with such callous disregard. After all, refusing to allow your son to be examined only hurts your son, it doesn't hurt you.

The visa office will either ask to have your medicals extended, or they will ask you to have a medical examination again. You are coming up on two months since you executed the declaration, so I would expect the visa office will be reviewing your file again in the next months, at which point you should hear further on the status of your file, although if they decide to extend your medicals, they won't advise you of that fact.

So I would expect you will either get a re-medical request or a PPR request.
Thanks computergeek for answering my queries..appreciate it!...:)

MargoS

Oct 25, 2012
Dear Leon,

I am a Canadian living in Greece for the past 7 years with my husband(greek citizen). I was here taking care of my grandmother, but she has recently passed away and now we want to make the permanate move to Canada.
I am about 70% ready with my application/documents and by the end of November 2012 we will be sending the application for Sponsorship/PR.

I have no record of income for the past 7 years in Canada or in Greece, because my husband has been supporting me for the past 7 years financially(we have proof of his support).He is Director of Sales for Pepsi, has grown up in South Africa, and has studied in England(first language is English). I feel pretty confident that we will have no problem getting into Canada. I also have a job, house, and bank investments waiting for us when we arrive.

I will be coming to Canada in April 2013 and my husband will come in May...is there anyway he could get an extention on how long he can stay before becoming a PR? (more than the 6 months he is allowed?)...can he find a job in the meantime aswell?
I will be applying from Greece (outland), and you have written in your post that it is a more speedier process that way. Can you give me any other advice?
Does he need to include finger prints with his police record?(his record shows that he has zero/nothing)

PLEASE give me any advice you think is helpful

Thank you in advance,

MargoS

MargoS

Oct 25, 2012
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

I just have a few questions more...

I will be coming to Canada in April 2013 and my husband will come in May...is there anyway he could get an extention on how long he can stay before becoming a PR? (more than the 6 months he is allowed?)...can he find a job in the meantime aswell?
I will be applying from Greece (outland), and you have written in your post that it is a more speedier process that way. Can you give me any other advice?
Does he need to include finger prints with his police record?(his record shows that he has zero/nothing)

Thank you in advance,

MargoS

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MargoS said:
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

I just have a few questions more...

Thank you in advance,

MargoS
Whether inland or outland is faster depends on the processing time for Greece vs. the inland time. The inland time is currently getting shorter. The inland time is currently 6 months for first stage approval and open work permit and 8 months for the rest, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp

Outland currently 35 days in Mississauga to approve you as a sponsor, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp and for Greece, the applications are processed in Rome, Italy where they can take up to 14 months, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp#europe For the average time, you might have something like 8 to 9 months. However, outland you can apply now while inland you would have to wait until he is in Canada.

If you are able to send in your outland application say December 1st, he might have his PR already at the end of August or September. That way, he would not need an extension for his visit visa. If his PR is not in sight at the time his visit visa is about to expire, he could simply apply to extend, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visitor.asp

If you applied inland, he would be able to get an open work permit at first stage approval after about 6 months. For outland, there is no open work permit. He would however have the same right as anybody else to talk to employers and try to get them to apply for a labour market opinion for him. This is needed in order for the employer to prove that they could not find a Canadian for the job. With a positive labour market opinion, he could apply for a work permit.

Another option.. you say he works for Pepsi. It is possible that Pepsi could transfer him to Canada with a intra-company transfer work permit. They would have to claim that his expertise will help them in Canada too.

kappacc

Nov 3, 2012
Is it possible to be in Canada on an IEC and apply for a sponsorship PR outland? I understand that if I apply inland it could take longer and I won't be able to leave the country while its being processed, is that true?

VPS

Star Member
May 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-09-2012
File Transfer...
20th sept 2012
Med's Done....
July 2012
Interview........
Nopes
Passport Req..
01-10-2012, PP sent n recvd 19-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
4 th Feb 2012, received on 11th Feb 2012
LANDED..........
March first week
Leon said:
Whether inland or outland is faster depends on the processing time for Greece vs. the inland time. The inland time is currently getting shorter. The inland time is currently 6 months for first stage approval and open work permit and 8 months for the rest, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp

Outland currently 35 days in Mississauga to approve you as a sponsor, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp and for Greece, the applications are processed in Rome, Italy where they can take up to 14 months, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp#europe For the average time, you might have something like 8 to 9 months. However, outland you can apply now while inland you would have to wait until he is in Canada.

If you are able to send in your outland application say December 1st, he might have his PR already at the end of August or September. That way, he would not need an extension for his visit visa. If his PR is not in sight at the time his visit visa is about to expire, he could simply apply to extend, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visitor.asp

If you applied inland, he would be able to get an open work permit at first stage approval after about 6 months. For outland, there is no open work permit. He would however have the same right as anybody else to talk to employers and try to get them to apply for a labour market opinion for him. This is needed in order for the employer to prove that they could not find a Canadian for the job. With a positive labour market opinion, he could apply for a work permit.

Another option.. you say he works for Pepsi. It is possible that Pepsi could transfer him to Canada with a intra-company transfer work permit. They would have to claim that his expertise will help them in Canada too.
We had quiet a similar case and we decided to go outland (opted New Delhi Visa Office) as the New Delhi Visa office processing time seemed almost same as an inland when we applied. Now our stage is in the 2nd stage where the passport is with New Delhi Visa office. Just after we sent the passport to VO, spouse received offer letter for an internal transfer and is supposed to start from 7th Jan 2013. Now, we are stuck and not sure what to do.

I understand that we can apply for work permit while PR is in process, but do sending work permit slow/expedite the processing time? Also; what are the chances of receiving the passport stamped before 7th jan as NDVO is known to hold passport for long time. We did however include a covering letter stating our plans of taking an internal transfer but haven't included the offer letter which came after we sent out the passport. A;so; how long would it take to get the work permit? Any advice would help...
Thanks
VPS

mamaheart

Oct 29, 2012
Hi to everyone... :)
Id like to ask for someones help to answer about our application under Spousal sponsorship...

Here's our status : *Canadian embassy In Manila received our application Dec. of 2009 .
*Took our 1st MEDICAL in Oct.2010, renewed it in July 2011 and Sept.2012 we took again additional medical requirement.
*Passed our Passport to the Embassy Aug.2011.
*My Husband in Toronto received his PR July 16,2012.

Till now we have not received any development or what so ever regarding our application. We've been waiting for our Passport w/ VISA for sooo long already. We been expecting it coz we knew that we have already reached the average processing time as posted on their website. My husband even ask for the help of MP in Toronto.

What seems to be the problem? :'( twice a month I went to the embassy since Sept. to follow up, to write on their query form - and ask them humbly for our visa application. We also tried to fax them on their Immigration Section office for follow up, but still no heard coming from them. I'm so emotionally stress from waiting for our VISA.

maybe I could get answers for my question here in this forum...thank U...

canadaeh1234

Star Member
Oct 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 9, 2012
Med's Request
December 5, 2012
Med's Done....
December 10,2012
Thanks. I will leave tomorrow for Canada. But will the Border Officer ask me why did i not declare in my initial application of my TRV that I will be visiting my boyfriend? I have written there that I will be visiting family friends.

Please help thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kappacc said:
Is it possible to be in Canada on an IEC and apply for a sponsorship PR outland? I understand that if I apply inland it could take longer and I won't be able to leave the country while its being processed, is that true?
You can apply for sponsorship outland even when you are living in Canada. It is true with inland that you should be residing in Canada. If you are visa exempt, a short trip might be ok but if you are not visa exempt and you leave, you risk that they will not give you a visa to return in which case you'd lose your inland application because you are no longer in Canada.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VPS said:
I understand that we can apply for work permit while PR is in process, but do sending work permit slow/expedite the processing time? Also; what are the chances of receiving the passport stamped before 7th jan as NDVO is known to hold passport for long time. We did however include a covering letter stating our plans of taking an internal transfer but haven't included the offer letter which came after we sent out the passport. A;so; how long would it take to get the work permit?
If you applied outland, you are not eligible for an open work permit. That is only for inland. If you want a work permit, you would be treated like anybody else who is not applying for PR. You would have to find an employer who applies for a labour market opinion, if they get it, you can apply for a work permit. It is completely unrelated to your PR application so it will not affect it at all.

Nick Manickam

Star Member
Oct 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
10-12-2012
Nice info Leon. Thanks for sharing

jas21

Nov 3, 2012
IS THERE A FAST PROCESS IF IT IS LOVE MARRIAGE AND ALSO HAVE PROOF HAVE THAT .AS I HAVE PR IN CANADA .