16/01/2012
Passport Req..
18/10/2012
VISA ISSUED...
22/10/2012
LANDED..........
08/11/2012
Hey guys,

Just saw something from the CBC that seems to be right down our alleys. http://www.cbc.ca/news/yourcommunity/2012/10/share-your-immigration-stories-with-us.html

Spread the word! : )

scos

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2012-08-01
AOR Received.
2012-10-16
Med's Request
2013-05-02
Med's Done....
2013-05-07
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
2013-05-02, In-Process: 2013-06-04, Decision Made: 2013-07-25
VISA ISSUED...
2013-07-30
LANDED..........
2013-08-18
A bit of a heads up. You know how we all wait excitedly to see the processing times? Like when it dropped to 69 days we were all happy that things are moving? Well, I learned today that the first number, the "69 days" is meaningless. The REAL number is the processing date. So we are currently at 76 days.

Something to keep in mind when keeping track of the times in future. Ignore the number, use the date.

habsrule66

Oct 9, 2012
Regina, Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 16th 2012
AOR Received.
July 4th 2012
File Transfer...
July17th 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 23rd 2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Oct 9th 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 13th 2012
I sent my application to Mississauga Ontario that was received April 16th/2012. my sponsor approval came in an email to me on July 4th/2012. I see here there is many people who have already received their first letter from Manila. even a friend of my wife's she received hers on September 21st/2012. our applications and sponsor approvals are only 5 days apart. my wife lives in Cebu,is there anyone else who is on this timeline and still has no letter from Manila.
I think I will be getting a little concerned. Maybe our letter got lost or they are returning my package to me.
If anyone has some feedback would be appreciated.
Thanks.

VPS

Star Member
May 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-09-2012
File Transfer...
20th sept 2012
Med's Done....
July 2012
Interview........
Nopes
Passport Req..
01-10-2012, PP sent n recvd 19-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
4 th Feb 2012, received on 11th Feb 2012
LANDED..........
March first week
We made an online payment for Right of Permanent Resident fee to send along with Passport (PPR has arrived). The receipt needs to be filled with the client ID. Whose client ID to give, sponsor's or applicants client ID received with AOR..??

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
VPS said:
We made an online payment for Right of Permanent Resident fee to send along with Passport (PPR has arrived). The receipt needs to be filled with the client ID. Whose client ID to give, sponsor's or applicants client ID received with AOR..??
You need to send the RPRF receipt to CPC-M, not the VO. Send the VO a copy of it.

Let's hope you don't need that information - that's only used if they need to send a refund. It would be the person who should receive the refund.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
habsrule66 said:
I sent my application to Mississauga Ontario that was received April 16th/2012. my sponsor approval came in an email to me on July 4th/2012. I see here there is many people who have already received their first letter from Manila. even a friend of my wife's she received hers on September 21st/2012. our applications and sponsor approvals are only 5 days apart. my wife lives in Cebu,is there anyone else who is on this timeline and still has no letter from Manila.
I think I will be getting a little concerned. Maybe our letter got lost or they are returning my package to me.
If anyone has some feedback would be appreciated.
If there were a problem with your file of the magnitude of "sending it back" it would have been done by CPC-M. Your application may just be sitting in the inbox of a slower VO, but as long as you don't hear anything and things are within normal processing times you're fine.

VPS

Star Member
May 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-09-2012
File Transfer...
20th sept 2012
Med's Done....
July 2012
Interview........
Nopes
Passport Req..
01-10-2012, PP sent n recvd 19-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
4 th Feb 2012, received on 11th Feb 2012
LANDED..........
March first week
computergeek said:
You need to send the RPRF receipt to CPC-M, not the VO. Send the VO a copy of it.

Let's hope you don't need that information - that's only used if they need to send a refund. It would be the person who should receive the refund.
Made the payment online and received the receipt in my email ID. Hope it gets directed to Mississauga.
I am talking about the receipt through email...actually, it is given in the bottom "If you have chosen to do your payment through your Online Application, you do NOT need to send a copy of the receipt to CIC". But we are sending for reference only....but in that receipt, they have asked for the address and UCI..I am talking about that UCI...

noshi11

Star Member
Sep 30, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2013
AOR Received.
02-02-2013
File Transfer...
02-14-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2013
LANDED..........
30-10-2013
My husband has a police certificate from Pakistan that is three years old. Can he use that police certificate or does he need to obtain a new one from Pakistan? He is currently residing in UK from the past 3 years.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
noshi11 said:
My husband has a police certificate from Pakistan that is three years old. Can he use that police certificate or does he need to obtain a new one from Pakistan? He is currently residing in UK from the past 3 years.
He needs a new one. The police certificate is only valid for a year and cannot be more than three months old when the sponsorship application reaches CIC. It doesn't matter that he has been residing in the UK for the last three years - he still needs a new certificate from Pakistan.

fathoom123

Apr 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July.20.2011
File Transfer...
Sep.13.2011
Hi there! Can anyone help me please? :(

I sponsored my husband to come to Canada about 1.5years ago. 7 months after my sponsorship, a rival party from my husband's side filed a fraud criminal case against my husband and his family, and verbally threatened to kill my husband. They have purposly filed the case againt him so he is not able to come to Canada, and they have been delaying the case as much as possible. They are very wealthy and have bribed many police officers to file a criminal case. they know alot of people in high ends. My husband is very dear to all of his family members and that is why they want to make him suffer. They want that some how our immigration case gets rejected. My husband has left that country and now currently living in a different country. Once the government authorities of that country came upon this matter, They have been really supportive to our family. and helping us get justice. Our immigration process is almost finished. The immigration office are asking for updated medical, certain forms and police clearance. We are willing to provide all the documents they asked for and more, since our case is genuine but I want to know will our case be rejected because of the criminal case against him? this is really important to us that we come here. I have been in Canada more then half of my life. I still have my studies left. I have been involved in so many community services and cultural events. Canda is my home. We have been planning for a really long time to settle our selves in Canada and start our lives together. Im living in Canada now but I visit my husband quiet often. another thing I want to know what should we provide other then the documents they asked for, so our case does not get rejeted?? Please someone help me. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

fathoom123

Apr 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July.20.2011
File Transfer...
Sep.13.2011
Leon said:
If he is so far only charged but not convicted, his police clearance should still be clean.
yes he's only charged. ok that is good but do I inform the immigration office about this just in case? so they don't put our case as fraud if and when they come to know about it?

noor1987

Jun 14, 2012
Hi everyone!! i need some guidelines regarding my spousal sponsorship case....

I am PR holder...i got my card in September 2010. i came back to Pakistan and got married in October 2010. my family (mother,father,sister) lives in Canada. i often visit them. my baby is also Canadian national by birth. i sponsored my husband in 2011 when i was in Canada...but then i came back. coz it was really hard for me to take care of my baby alone. as i came back so my husbands case got rejected on the basis that i am not living in Canada.

now i again want to sponsor my husband but i dont want to live alone in Canada. i really want him to be with me in Canada.
what should we do to speed-up our application process? some one told told me that if will get admission in any Canadian university...and then i sponsor my husband...so there is a great chance that his case gets approve in less time. is that really true?? someone knows about it? plz someone help me :( :(

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
noor1987 said:
now i again want to sponsor my husband but i dont want to live alone in Canada. i really want him to be with me in Canada.
what should we do to speed-up our application process? some one told told me that if will get admission in any Canadian university...and then i sponsor my husband...so there is a great chance that his case gets approve in less time. is that really true?? someone knows about it? plz someone help me :( :(
No, that is not really true. Studying doesn't make it faster. Your husband could try to apply for a student visa in order to be able to be in Canada with you while you sponsor him but as a spouse of a PR, it will be hard for him to get one. If he can not get a temporary visa to be in Canada while you sponsor him, then you will have to suffer being apart.

Keep in mind that your residency requirements as a PR call for you to spend at least 730 days in Canada in your first 5 years as a PR and any rolling 5 year period after that. If you continue to stay outside Canada with your husband to the point that you do not meet the residency requirements any more, you will not be able to sponsor him until you meet them again. As long as your PR card is still valid, you can visit Canada and if you want to save your PR in the end, as long as you enter Canada before it expires, you could revive your PR by staying for 2 years straight without leaving but that means 2 years of not seeing your husband at all and you would not be able to use that time to sponsor him because you do not meet the requirements yourself. Therefore it is better if you sponsor him now while you still meet the residency requirements and your PR card is still valid and you can go back and visit him for 2-3 weeks every now and then and then return to Canada again to wait for your sponsorship processing.

noor1987

Jun 14, 2012
thax for ur reply Leon :)

someone told me that if he will apply for visit visa...he might get refused... :(( cz his spousal case has already been rejected...
i am planing to come to Canada this Feb...n thinking to sponsor him again...n will stay in Canada till his case gets approve. but i just want to knw...if therez any faster way to get spouse visa?? or if he can get visit visa...??? n em also afraid his cases might get rejected once again...just cz his case has already been rejected??is that true?