26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
trewmenn said:
Good Day

Hi everyone...

My Girlfriend is a PR but next year will be a citizen in Canada. She sponsored me as common law under conjugal relation-partner. I lived in the Philippines, single. I have know her since January 2010 when I was in Bahrain and she visited me in the Philippines on March 2011 when I came home and return back to Canada in April the same year. After a year we applied for this Sponsorship Conjugal Partner. Can we apply for this route?

here is our facts:

1. She was married before separated 12 years but have separation agreement notorized.
2. We only live each other for 1 month March-April 2011 at same address.
3. We have continuous communication like emails, chat,(yahoomail, Messenger and Skype) card, letters. Beneficiary both our names, will of testaments of both, photos of both of us and family members, letter of Two Statutory Declarations from friends/family including her employer, Income Tax included my name and sending me money monthly thru money transfer,
4. She had a divorce application in alberta waiting for approval\decision.
5. We can not get married because there is no divorce in the Philippines, she had no means to apply for annulment.
6. I can't go to Canada as well TRV will be refused because of lack of fund in my accounts but I have a land which was inherited to my parents which I reside till now.
7. She can't live with me in the Philippines because of her employer and she mortgage car and cannot left Canada for long because of her PR-Citizen requirement.

Are these are grounds that we applied for conjugal partner sponsorship? Any suggestion??
Conjugal class is very difficult because it generally requires a legal impediment. For example, the fact you have not been refused a TRV might be interpreted as "he has not tried hard enough". You have many of the elements required, but ultimately you'd have to actually submit an application and see what the visa officer decides because the standards here are subjective. In addition, the officers in the Philippines seem very narrow in their interpretation of couples in my experience.

If at all possible, I would suggest trying to find an attorney with experience in conjugal class sponsorship applications - they're unusual and someone with experience putting them together would likely be very useful. In addition, an attorney can structure things so that should it be denied the foundation for a strong appeal will be present.

Good luck!

yangski

Nov 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
dec.09,2011 AIP/OPW:Sept.11,2012 DM:Sept.18,2012
hi computergeek,

thank you so much for your response.Is the imm 5710 is the right form to fill to change status from work permit to vistor?Im confuse with no.3 in this form (imm 5710)which is:
Im applying for one or more of the following:is this where i will indicate my request to change to visitor?and What is UCI?

Sorry lots of question just wanna make sure to fill up the right form to change status.thanks again in advance it such a big help to me. :D

ria

kentr

Aug 2, 2012
If my wife were to apply inland and needed to return to Taiwan due to a serious illness in her family, would she be allowed to return to Canada for compassionate reasons?
Thanks in advance.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
kentr said:
If my wife were to apply inland and needed to return to Taiwan due to a serious illness in her family, would she be allowed to return to Canada for compassionate reasons?
Thanks in advance.
If you were to apply inland, the application would be thrown out. If there's a chance of her having to go home, go for the outland route so your file would be still in process.

lalatata

Aug 11, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 8th,2012
File Transfer...
May 17th,2012
Med's Done....
Jan 24th,2012
Passport Req..
June 1st,2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM- July 23rd,2012 - Passport received - Aug 13th,2012
lalatata said:
This is for some very senior members...

We are a New Delhi Applicant filled our papers with more then enough proofs etc on Feb 8th. May 17th, we got the sponsor part approved and accordingly got the passport request on June 1. On July 23rd, our ECAS status changed from Application Received, Medical rcvd to a Decision Made This is how they have recently approved most of the Feb,2012 applicants where the case went straight from Application Rcvd to DM.

Most of the folks who got DM from ND around the same time as me have already got the Passports with COPR and the VISA. We have not got the passport back yet. Usually, ND is taking about 4-5 days to send back the Passport. ITs now over 15 days now for us and we have not got the passport back yet. We were happy to see the DM but since the passport has not come yet, its making me very worried.

The one thing which I am not seeing on ECAS is the showing up of Canadian city, province once it is approved. Is a DM without this means a rejection and hence taking longer then usual to return the passport etc? To be very honest, the way I have seen it is that if the CHC have any doubts, they call you for an interview and if still not satisfied then reject.

Do CHC reject go straight to a DM on ECAS without asking to come in for an Interview? Our case is very very straightforward, everyone from both families attended, we have known each other for 6 years, first marriage for both... provided ample proof (chats, phone bills, photos over six yeras, plane tickets, Honey moon pics, bills, facebook profile with marriage updates, proof of financial assistance sent to spouse, life insurance beneficiary doc, etc etc)

IS it possible that ND "forgot" to issue the VISA and COPR on the passport after DM and hence still no showing up of Canadian city,province and hence the passport has not been dispatched yet?

I have sent email enquiry to the office asking for the dispatch date of the passport if they have sent it as the case is now a DM..

I have an appointment at my MP office next week so that I could ask him to seek more status information from ND..

I have already asked for GCMS notes on July 17th...

Everything about my case was going fine in terms of timelines,dates, process, steps of approvals.. etc till DM.

The only misstep is not arrival of the passport yet! We have already contacted the near by post office to see if they got any package or tried a delivery and they are saying no... so I am not sure what is going on and if at all ND have even sent the passport with approval yet or if Not, then is this all signs of a rejection?

Any advice? thoughts?
[size=10pt]This is for some very senior members..
[/size]
Anyone knows why would CIC ND office take longer then usual to send back the passport once the status on ECAS is a DM? No interview, no process... Its been over 2 weeks now and we still have not got back the passport! ECAS address do not show the Canadian City, Province yet....

lalatata

Aug 11, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 8th,2012
File Transfer...
May 17th,2012
Med's Done....
Jan 24th,2012
Passport Req..
June 1st,2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM- July 23rd,2012 - Passport received - Aug 13th,2012
lalatata said:
[size=10pt]This is for some very senior members..
[/size]
Anyone knows why would CIC ND office take longer then usual to send back the passport once the status on ECAS is a DM? No interview, no in process... went straight from Application Received to Decision Made.

Its been over 2 weeks now and we still have not got back the passport! ECAS address do not show the Canadian City, Province yet....

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
yangski said:
thank you so much for your response.Is the imm 5710 is the right form to fill to change status from work permit to vistor?Im confuse with no.3 in this form (imm 5710)which is:
Im applying for one or more of the following:is this where i will indicate my request to change to visitor?and What is UCI?
The forms do seem to keep changing. The form I was thinking of was IMM 1249. It looks like IMM 5710 is specific to work permits - and it's a new form that generates 2D barcodes. You cannot use that form to change to visitor status. It appears you can use IMM 1249 until November, however, so that is one option. You can also use IMM 5708, which also generates 2D barcodes, but it is used for changing your status from worker to visitor.

UCI = Universal Client Identifier.

It is printed on your work permit, it is an 8 digit number (xxxx-xxxx) and it is your CIC identifier for all your applications - or it should be. That would include your original work permit, any subsequent work permits, your permanent residency application, and visitor records issued. It will remain your UCI when you apply for your PR card (including renewals) and for your citizenship application.

Good luck!

blu_cat

Star Member
May 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 02, 2012
File Transfer...
July 04, 2012
Med's Done....
March 2012
parker24 said:
I'd just wait until closer to the time your passport ends. It'll be less stress on both of you! Mine still has my maiden name, at the border, they just ask for your passport, and I usually give them my ID (License) as well and marriage certificate :)
Hi parker24!Thank you for your reply. I am only waiting for the passport request. My old passport expires on May 2013, so my husband asked me to renew the passport and use his surname. Would it be ok if I just send them both passports (old and new) when PPR comes?Maybe, i'll include a letter ?

Thank you so much!

Christine08

Apr 13, 2012
Cebu, City Philippines 6000
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-December-2011
Doc's Request.
19-March-2012
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
19-February-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
19-February-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
02-October-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
letter date: 19-March-2012 received April 11,2012 in regular mail.
VISA ISSUED...
08-May-2012
LANDED..........
soon on September 26, 2012 YAAYY!!!!!
blu_cat said:
Hi parker24!Thank you for your reply. I am only waiting for the passport request. My old passport expires on May 2013, so my husband asked me to renew the passport and use his surname. Would it be ok if I just send them both passports (old and new) when PPR comes?Maybe, i'll include a letter ?

Thank you so much!
Hi there Blu_cat!

I just want to share my experience for the renewal passport. Even though my passport will not expire soon I renew it with my status being married so I can use my husband's last name on it. For me it would be better that one identification I have would be seen as with my husband's last name.

If you're from Manila if you want to renew the status of your passport you can do that just bring your old passport and a original copy of your marriage contract. In my case I use a travel agency because I have to work at that time, don't have time to stay the whole day at the DFA.

I hope this helps you Blu_cat! :)

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
July 31, 2012 (approved) went "in process" same day
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped on August 3, 2012 and passport received back on August 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
hi Leon and other senior members
:eek: :eek: :eek: we got DM today :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
but i still have my Indian mailing address on the ECAS, is it unusual to have indian address instead of Canadian address even after DM
is there anyone else, who has faced same problems. ??? ??? i got "in process" on saturday and it took only one day from "in process" to DM ;)
thanks everyone for your support during the hardest time of my life ;)

blu_cat

Star Member
May 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 02, 2012
File Transfer...
July 04, 2012
Med's Done....
March 2012
Christine08 said:
Hi there Blu_cat!

I just want to share my experience for the renewal passport. Even though my passport will not expire soon I renew it with my status being married so I can use my husband's last name on it. For me it would be better that one identification I have would be seen as with my husband's last name.

If you're from Manila if you want to renew the status of your passport you can do that just bring your old passport and a original copy of your marriage contract. In my case I use a travel agency because I have to work at that time, don't have time to stay the whole day at the DFA.

I hope this helps you Blu_cat! :)
Hi Christine08!Thank you for your info!Just want to ask again, have you informed your visa office that you renew the passport?or you just send right away the two passports during the PPR.

Christine08

Apr 13, 2012
Cebu, City Philippines 6000
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-December-2011
Doc's Request.
19-March-2012
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
19-February-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
19-February-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
02-October-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
letter date: 19-March-2012 received April 11,2012 in regular mail.
VISA ISSUED...
08-May-2012
LANDED..........
soon on September 26, 2012 YAAYY!!!!!
blu_cat said:
Hi Christine08!Thank you for your info!Just want to ask again, have you informed your visa office that you renew the passport?or you just send right away the two passports during the PPR.
Hi again Blu_cat!

Once you have your renewed passport using your husband's last name that would be fine to send with the PPR, no need to send the old Passport.

:) Goodluck!

ceri lee

Aug 7, 2012
Hello, I'm sure you have answered my questions already in your very good post, but just hoping for a little bit more help, my husband is British Canadian and move the the UK when he was 11 with his mom and brothers, but was born there and hold a Canadian passport, I'm on the other hand is British and we have 3 young children together,

well i hoping that as we are married that no forms/visa has to be filled out, or if so can i apply while we are living there, as we have no exact plans just a rough idea, of Adam my husband applying and getting a job on-line, he then flies over to start with some small saving of ours and maybe buy a small flat/ mobile home, then when organised for me and the kids to follow, then where i will apply if needed, for what ever i need to apply for,

I'm very sorry if this sound well to confusing but this whole process eludes me, LOL, i have tried the Visa website and others like and i just get even more confused, if you can help me in any way shape or form i would very much appreciate it,

thank you Mrs C Lee, x

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
ceri lee said:
Hello, I'm sure you have answered my questions already in your very good post, but just hoping for a little bit more help, my husband is British Canadian and move the the UK when he was 11 with his mom and brothers, but was born there and hold a Canadian passport, I'm on the other hand is British and we have 3 young children together,

well i hoping that as we are married that no forms/visa has to be filled out, or if so can i apply while we are living there, as we have no exact plans just a rough idea, of Adam my husband applying and getting a job on-line, he then flies over to start with some small saving of ours and maybe buy a small flat/ mobile home, then when organised for me and the kids to follow, then where i will apply if needed, for what ever i need to apply for,

I'm very sorry if this sound well to confusing but this whole process eludes me, LOL, i have tried the Visa website and others like and i just get even more confused, if you can help me in any way shape or form i would very much appreciate it,

thank you Mrs C Lee, x
First of all, you will have to fill out forms for sure. As your husband is a Canadian Citizen, he can live in the UK with you until you and your children get PR. All four of you (you and your children) will need medicals and you will need a background clearance from the UK. I would start gathering everything you need. Birth certificates, marriage certificate, evidence of a genuine marriage etc. (evidence can be photos, phone records, e-mails etc) Have you read the guide for the UK residents? If not, take a look:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E33023.PDF

And here's how to get a police certificate:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/europe/united-kingdom.asp

And here's the link to the UK thread on here:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/updated-topics/-t49436.0.html;topicseen

Good luck!

belladanila

Aug 7, 2012
Waiting for our visa sinubmit namin ang additional documents with the passports last August 25,2011. Hanggang ngayon wala pa.