+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

tala14

Apr 9, 2012
Re: Spousal sponsorship... without Job in Canada?

Can my husband sponsor us (me & our daughter) without job in Canada?

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC requested Sept 28,2012 ARC sent October 18,2012... RCMP Sent Dec 17,2012. Additional court documents sent March 25, 2013.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
First medical March 2011, REDO Medical July 30, 2012
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013

tala14 said:
yes. there is no minimum income required to sponsor a spouse or dependent child

Wicket08

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011
AOR Received.
07-11-2011
Med's Done....
April 2011
LANDED..........
08-11-2012
I renewed my passport last year but didn't give it to CIC. They started processing my PR last July 19th. Should i just give a copy of my passport eventhough they are not asking for it. I didn't receive any letter saying that they need additional documents like renewed police clearance, renewed passport or redo medical like some applicants I've read on here.

\thanks in advance for your reply :)

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
July 31, 2012 (approved) went "in process" same day
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped on August 3, 2012 and passport received back on August 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012

tala14 said:
no its not possible to sponsor dependent child without passing minimum income requirements.
he can sponsor only spouse without any job

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

ashunandal said:
no its not possible to sponsor dependent child without passing minimum income requirements.
he can sponsor only spouse without any job
He can also sponsor dependent children without meeting income requirements. However, immigration does take into account how they will be able to support themselves in the future. Being between jobs or studying is generally not a problem but if somebody is without a job for a long time and looks unlikely to get a job in the future, they may refuse.

Ankit_Sonam

Star Member
Jun 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18th Jan'2012
AOR Received.
2nd April'2012
File Transfer...
18th Jan'2012
Med's Done....
19th Feb'2012
Interview........
24th July'2012
Passport Req..
12th April'2012
VISA ISSUED...
20 June' 2014
Hi All

im needing some advice..

i had my spousal interview on July 24, 2012- the visa officer stated he was not 100% sure and would make a decision in 10-15 days after some background checks He did not keep my passport, and suggested we could mail it in as me and my wife have returning tickets from Delhi to London, UK for Aug. 2/12. On July 27, 2012 the status on our Ecas changed straight to in process and then to decision made.

Previously in June my wife had emailed the minister of immigration explaining that the time had exceeded 6 months and that because Delhi had my passport, i would be unable to attend the interview as i would have to travel from London to India. On July 27, 2012 we also received an email from the minister stating it would just be another 10-12 days and we would hear about the decision from new Delhi.

I don't know what to expect. Also at the interview the VO didn't take any of my documents of evidence. He just took my phone records.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
CanadianJeepGuy said:
Isn't this a story of Immigration fraud as well as being spam? I didn't think spam was permitted in the forums.
Yup - spam.

Hit the "report to the moderator" button on the post and report it.

canadapr78

Aug 3, 2012
Hi am born in india(Punjab) and came to canada before 3 yrs on PR status, working from last 3 yrs had sponsorerd my husband from india, we have straight forward arranged marriage:-

For both of us its second marriage I am widow and he is divorce, parents found a guy for me in india(Mumbai) through matrimonial website and arranged marriage we both are hindu. My 1st marriage was also in india.

I and my child flew from canada and meet in person 4 days before marriage he came to pick us from airport, as marriage date was fixed by parents before that lots of skypee, phone calls, chatts, emails, gifts exchanged because i was in canada and he was in india never meet before, yes but he visited my parents once before marriage (one month before marriage)

Our courtship period after marriage i and my child stayed with him at his house for 1 month which also include honeymoon(10 days honeymoon) and Two 1 day picnics with his parents too.

Almost for Two months we talked and chatt before marriage.

I had child from my 1st husband and he has soon from his 1st marriage but her wife had claimed son and they had mutual divorce without any police case and allegations in indian court, no alimony, monthly pay or no burden, so he is alone now.

Little age different, i am almost 1 yr 5 months older to him, he is younger to me, I am 34 he is 33.

Did proper hindu wedding in front of parents and friends not on huge scale , because for both of us second marriage, also engagement inhouse, honeymoon and small party on her birthday too.

Had submitted 3 months back Hindu priest Certificate, Marriage Hall Certificate, Marriage certificate, PCC, medicals,wedding cards, wedding photos,honeymoon photos, birthday photos, emails , skypee chatt calls, phone bills, gifts bills, shoppings bills,one day picnic photo, his divorce decree, paid fees of $1040 too etc etc.

Can anyone who had DM or in process or PPR or forum member share some light,is there anything needed, me and my child missing him a lot and he too , daily phone calls and skypee are on.

Does this work out simple or complicated.

Thank you in advance for advice.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadapr78 said:
Can anyone who had DM or in process or PPR or forum member share some light,is there anything needed, me and my child missing him a lot and he too , daily phone calls and skypee are on.

Does this work out simple or complicated.

Thank you in advance for advice.
I don't see any obvious red flags but did you include his son in the application? Even though his son is not in his custody and not coming with him, he needs to be included and needs to have medicals too.

canadapr78

Aug 3, 2012
Leon said:
I don't see any obvious red flags but did you include his son in the application? Even though his son is not in his custody and not coming with him, he needs to be included and needs to have medicals too.
why his son needs medicals they r divorce and even his 1st wife had migrated to australia with their son, and in his divorce paper also its mention no claims no future allegations etc. infact he had not seen his son from the birth only , because when she was pregnant she was not staying with him and also didnt allow him to visit too. its all mention in divorce paper he has court judgement and final decree too. there was mental cruelty and desertation from his 1st wife.
also my immigration consultant did say anything about this.

kbdje

Jul 13, 2012
hi,

i just want to ask if i need to translate our proof of relationship (e-mails, letters, cards) that were written in tagalog to english?

or is it just fine to leave it as is?

thanks a lot :)

susanaplacador

Star Member
Jul 21, 2011
kbdje said:
hi,

i just want to ask if i need to translate our proof of relationship (e-mails, letters, cards) that were written in tagalog to english?

or is it just fine to leave it as is?

thanks a lot :)
k lng yon mahalaga ipadala mo tingnan lng pang alan mo at hubby na sa katunayan na may ugnayan kayo

nanediniz

Aug 2, 2012
Sao Paulo - Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo-Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2013
AOR Received.
never
File Transfer...
12-03-2013
Med's Done....
05-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2013
LANDED..........
Flight booked to Oct 26th
Hello Everyone.

I've been reading this topics for a few days now, over a 100 pages read but it's my 1st post/reply.
I am Brazilian married to a Canadian since June 16th 2012 and we met in person in 2009. He will be my sponsor and we're about to file our application outland.
My husband and I see each other every 2 months or so, either he comes down to visit me in Brazil or we both travel to Dominican Republic because I was refused a visitors visa to Canada 3 times.
Since our relationship became serious, we've seen each other 19 times (so 19 trips), we have a lot of evidence, plane tickets, pictures, he supports me so I have receipts from money gram and so on. We are preparing to apply for a long time, trying to be as careful as possible.

My questions are:

1 - Anyone knows the timeline for applications processed in Sao Paulo- Brazil?

2 - Once I got 3 visitor's visas refused and 1 work visa refused, would I get a visitor's visa proving I applied for immigration? (I don't have strong ties to my country or a job right now)

3 - I am too scared of doing anything wrong in our application or not providing enough info/evidence. Any advice on that matter? do's and don'ts?

4 - My money Gram receipts are 2 pages each and I have over a 100. Should I send all of them? It's a lot of paper...

5 - How many pictures should I send?

Thank you so much for all the information in this forum, it is really helpful!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
nanediniz said:
According to the information from the Open Data Project for the São Paulo visa office, the processing times for the "Spouses & Partners" class are:

20% of applications are completed in 4 months
30% of applications are completed in 5 months
50% of applications are completed in 6 months
70% of applications are completed in 7 months
80% of applications are completed in 8 months

If you don't have any issues in your application (criminal or medical) then you can expect 6 months processing + 3 months sponsor approval = approximately 9 months total.

nanediniz said:
2 - Once I got 3 visitor's visas refused and 1 work visa refused, would I get a visitor's visa proving I applied for immigration? (I don't have strong ties to my country or a job right now)
It may be difficult. If you are unable to do so, but you have no issues for your application, you could request a Temporary Resident Permit under the "early admission" category. The processing time for TRPs is arbitrarily long (3-6 months) so it might not make sense in your case, but if the only reason they are refusing you is because they don't think you will leave (making you inadmissible) a TRP can overcome that admissibility. OP 20 "Temporary Resident Permits" describes the criteria for evaluation in the "early admission" category.

nanediniz said:
3 - I am too scared of doing anything wrong in our application or not providing enough info/evidence. Any advice on that matter? do's and don'ts?
Try to look at your application from the perspective of a jaded CIC visa officer. When you are done looking at the evidence, are you convinced that this relationship is genuine? If not, you have more work to do.

nanediniz said:
4 - My money Gram receipts are 2 pages each and I have over a 100. Should I send all of them? It's a lot of paper...
I wouldn't, as I'd think it would overwhelm your application. You could summarize them and then include a representative sample - like an Excel spreadsheet of them and then copies of 5-10 of them.

nanediniz said:
Better than sheer number, you want a representative sample. So it's better to send two dozen pictures from a dozen different points in time than it is to send four dozen from a single event. Give the officer a sense that your relationship has developed over time.

I think the story your evidence needs to tell is that you have a genuine relationship. LOTS of one kind of evidence doesn't further that goal. Better to have a good representative sample of many different types of evidence.

blondie1216

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2012 received 26-03-2012
AOR Received.
27-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012
Med's Done....
11-25-2011 extension requested from IO 11-20-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
December 27th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
January 14th, 2013 Decision Made!
LANDED..........
In a minute!
nanediniz said:
Hello Everyone.

I've been reading this topics for a few days now, over a 100 pages read but it's my 1st post/reply.
I am Brazilian married to a Canadian since June 16th 2012 and we met in person in 2009. He will be my sponsor and we're about to file our application outland.
My husband and I see each other every 2 months or so, either he comes down to visit me in Brazil or we both travel to Dominican Republic because I was refused a visitors visa to Canada 3 times.
Since our relationship became serious, we've seen each other 19 times (so 19 trips), we have a lot of evidence, plane tickets, pictures, he supports me so I have receipts from money gram and so on. We are preparing to apply for a long time, trying to be as careful as possible.

My questions are:

Thank you so much for all the information in this forum, it is really helpful!
Hey,
San Paulo time is 8 months but it definitely can be shorter.

Send your pictures in a timeline meaning send a few pictures of each event so that they can see the beginning of the relationship and onward. Some people send hundreds yet I send about 30.

You don't have to send all but there is really no limit to what you can send. I would suggest sending maybe half or little less than half.

Send all travel info and basically just make sure everything matches between your papers and hubby's. They will check to make sure the relationship is genuine.

I don't think that you visa refusals will play a part in your sponsorship as many people who have applied for spousal sponsorship have been refused visas.

I hope I provided some help..

Oh and also there's a post on the forum on how to organize your application.. It has very good advise.