Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
justiffi said:
Hi there..

I read the initial postings and its a great collection of information and according to the early posts, there is no minimum salary requirement if you're sponsoring your wife and it applies in other cases but not in the case of spousal sponsorship. But that information was posted in 2010 and I'm just wondering if it still applies or has there been some changes since then. I'm just about to file the papers so I really need to make sure that I'm not missing anything.

I'll clear up the question I guess.

Is there (now) a requirement for a minimum salary to sponsor my wife?

I would really appreciate an answer soon.

Thanks.
No, you need option c that's all :)

justiffi

Jul 8, 2012
No, you need option c that's all
so just to confirm. it's the proof of income that is required but there is no minimum salary requirement for successful immigration process? Does that also apply to sponsors who are Self Employed?

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
justiffi said:
so just to confirm. it's the proof of income that is required but there is no minimum salary requirement for successful immigration process? Does that also apply to sponsors who are Self Employed?
Correct :)

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
GIRL29 said:
Tuesday, July 03,2012

Dear Mr. XXX

Please be informed that on 07 May 2012,we sent a request for additional documentation which include to the medical instructions to the applicant.
We have not recieved yje requested documents to date.

We Trust this information is of assistance.

Sincerely,

Family Reunification Unit
Embassy of Canada, Manila-Ambassade du Canada, Manille
Level 6,Tower 2,RCBC Plaza
6819 Ayala Avenue
Makati City 1200,Philippines
Fax(632)8431094
www.philippines.ga.ca

I havent recieve the letter yet til my husband receive email from them..
I am stil confused about it. Do I have to do my medical without the letter and I wil just print this email and showed to the Dr. or what?
Sorry guys f i stil posting this but I dont want to get another delay again..:(advice much appreciated thnx
You need the medical form from visa office. You should contact them ASAP to advise the, you did not receive their letter. Ideally give them a courier waybill to send a second copy (so it isn't lost again).

GIRL29

Star Member
Jun 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
computergeek said:
You need the medical form from visa office. You should contact them ASAP to advise the, you did not receive their letter. Ideally give them a courier waybill to send a second copy (so it isn't lost again).
ahh...ok! how can i do that?I did send email and fax them already which i indicate my client number but i didnt get any respond..Do they entertain call?Because I heard that they dont entertained call. just only email or fax?

quietloud

Jul 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2012
AOR Received.
27-08-2012
Med's Done....
23-07-2012
quietloud said:
Here are my questions:

1) Originally I intended to apply for status change after getting married, so I could include the marriage certificate to make a stronger case for extending my stay but it seems that is cutting it way too close. Do I stand a chance of getting a status change if I apply now, describe my circumstances (planning to apply for PR ASAP after the wedding) and include papers that prove I'm getting married on July 20th?

2) I planned to apply for a status change (to visitor) online but according to their website the paper application processing time is actually shorter by a week, so is paper the way to go?

3) Will they give their answer (about whether they approve the status change) by email or by post? If it comes in the mail then I guess we'll just stay at home and wait for it rather than travel abroad.

4) And a more general question I guess, but: is it really stupid to travel abroad during this time? The tickets have been bought and plans made but I would rather not risk not being allowed back into Canada...
Called CIC today and thought I'd share with you their reply:

1. She did not think it would make much of a difference whether we applied for a status change before or after the wedding.
2. The response will only be sent by snail mail, regardless of whether we apply online or by paper.
3. Paper applications are faster at the moment.
4. I explained our situation to her, regarding the trip, and she said that re-entering the country on your work permit, provided that it was still valid, would not be a problem. I asked her this more than once, just to be sure that she understood me. She said that we can bring our file number to prove that we had a permanent residency application in process, and this would help us gain re-entry. But she thought that just travelling on the work permit that hadn't expired would be enough.

I don't know, for some reason her reply didn't soothe me enough, especially #4. I'm thinking of canceling the trip and just throwing out the plane tickets (no changes, no refunds...)

karan1916

Star Member
Jul 18, 2005
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2012
File Transfer...
1-03-2013
Med's Done....
12-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-05-2013
LANDED..........
June 2013
Hi I have a question regarding sponsoring of my spouse.

I am planning to get married in October, someone told me that I have to stay with her for 1 whole month after marriage before I can sponsor her.
I never heard of anything like this.
I am eligible as a sponsorer and have enough evidence to prove that the marriage is genuine.
There is no way I can get a month off, I am only planning to go for 15 days.

Let me know if anyone knows of such a rule by CIC

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
karan1916 said:

I am planning to get married in October, someone told me that I have to stay with her for 1 whole month after marriage before I can sponsor her.
I am eligible as a sponsorer and have enough evidence to prove that the marriage is genuine.

Thanks
There is no such rule.

sterion75

Star Member
Jul 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
0213 & 4131
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2009
Doc's Request.
25-09-2009
AOR Received.
29-01-2010
Med's Request
May 2010
Med's Done....
May 2010
Passport Req..
July 2010
VISA ISSUED...
3 August 2010
Hello,
I have PR as a FSW and would like to move to Canada soon however I now have a family and have been together long enough to satisfy the requirements

But what is the best way to go about sponsoring? Both go together to Canada the same day myself as PR and her/children on visitors visa/visa waiver and apply for inland/outland sponsorship? Obviously going to take a few months to do so as will need to find a job first. How long could they stay under that system?

What have others done in this situation? I am wary I only have until August 2013 until my PR wont meet the 2 in 5 rule.

Thanks

Robbie

blessedelaine

Dec 10, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
61312 mailed out
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
61512 CPC-M received
AOR Received.
82112- thru email
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
012813-email/ Submitted all docs: 040213
VISA ISSUED...
042513 PDOS.......:042613
LANDED..........
karan1916 said:

Thanks
Not true... U just need to provide eveidences/ proof of your relationship by sending pics.. letters.. communication copies and etc.

xprecious32

Mar 27, 2012
Re: Spousal sponsorship IMM 5669 help

I'm sponsoring my husband, who lives in the US. He was working in Canada on a work permit when we met. Question 6a wants to know if he's ever been convicted of a crime in Canada. He was charged here in Canada but given a conditional discharge, which to my understanding is not a conviction. So do we answer yes or no? And if we answer yes how much information/details do they want. We have original court documents of charges and letter from his laywer outlining the charges, but do they want an explanation as to how the charges originally come about, what the charges stemmed from? Help I'm stumped.

blessedelaine

Dec 10, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
61312 mailed out
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
61512 CPC-M received
AOR Received.
82112- thru email
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Re: Spousal sponsorship IMM 5669 help

xprecious32 said:
I'm sponsoring my husband, who lives in the US. He was working in Canada on a work permit when we met. Question 6a wants to know if he's ever been convicted of a crime in Canada. He was charged here in Canada but given a conditional discharge, which to my understanding is not a conviction. So do we answer yes or no? And if we answer yes how much information/details do they want. We have original court documents of charges and letter from his laywer outlining the charges, but do they want an explanation as to how the charges originally come about, what the charges stemmed from? Help I'm stumped.
Better be honest, say No... if thats that considered a conviction and just attached an explanation. then submit those documents that youve got from the court. they will further investigate it anyways.

kyc221

Feb 20, 2012
Santiago, Chile
Category........
Visa Office......
Santiago, Chile
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-10-2012
Med's Done....
25-05-2012
Passport Req..
26-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-05-2013
LANDED..........
20-05-2013
Hello everyone,

My husband (sponsor) and I are collecting the paperwork we need to apply for my PR. As part of the proof of intention to reside in Canada when the PR is granted, we're sending details of his ongoing investments, RRSP contributions and active bank accounts in Canada (along with a letter from his boss stating that he is contracted to return to Canada within 18 months).

Our question is, can we black out some of his financial details in these documents, such as bank account numbers or other sensitive information? We're concerned about other people having access to this information.

Thanks in advance!

blessedelaine

Dec 10, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
61312 mailed out
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
61512 CPC-M received
AOR Received.
82112- thru email
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
kyc221 said:
Hello everyone,

My husband (sponsor) and I are collecting the paperwork we need to apply for my PR. As part of the proof of intention to reside in Canada when the PR is granted, we're sending details of his ongoing investments, RRSP contributions and active bank accounts in Canada (along with a letter from his boss stating that he is contracted to return to Canada within 18 months).

Our question is, can we black out some of his financial details in these documents, such as bank account numbers or other sensitive information? We're concerned about other people having access to this information.

Thanks in advance!
There's Credit Bureau.. So you can't hide anything.. So everything must be declared i think...