Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
012813-email/ Submitted all docs: 040213
VISA ISSUED...
042513 PDOS.......:042613
LANDED..........
rina hutagaol said:
Hi.. how to know if your application has been received by the immigration? My husband has sent our application on 01 of June 2012. And i have checked on Canada Pos that the mail has been delivered on 05 June 2012. but we haven't heard anything from the immigration till now. thanks
they wont get back to us till about 90 days once they start processing our docs. they are now only preocessing April applicants. so we have to wait for 2 months more.. :( where are u heading to? im a sponsor and i am in winnipeg.

emilymsmits

Jul 2, 2012
I'm in the process of getting my docs together - boyfriend's Canadian, I'm American - working on PR status via common law - I had a US Criminal Background check completed last year (dated 8/12/2011) to work abroad teaching in South Korea. How long are the criminal checks valid?

I've heard 3 mos, 6 mos, 1 year? Anyone know for sure?
Thanks for your help!

Emily

jpbs

Star Member
Jun 21, 2012
emilymsmits said:
I'm in the process of getting my docs together - boyfriend's Canadian, I'm American - working on PR status via common law - I had a US Criminal Background check completed last year (dated 8/12/2011) to work abroad teaching in South Korea. How long are the criminal checks valid?

Thanks for your help!

Emily
My wife applied for sponsor spouse outland visa in may 2012 when she returned to canada, we got married in india in march 2012, but before marriage i and my mom apply for visitor visa to give her surprise in feb 2012 but i didnt mention that i know anyone in canada and i am going to visit her in canada. will this affect my application ? visitor visa got rejected.

blessedelaine

Dec 10, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
61312 mailed out
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
61512 CPC-M received
AOR Received.
82112- thru email
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
012813-email/ Submitted all docs: 040213
VISA ISSUED...
042513 PDOS.......:042613
LANDED..........
emilymsmits said:

Thanks for your help!

Emily
i believe.. 6 months only

Lasiar

Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2011
Doc's Request.
02-22-2012
AOR Received.
12-09-2011
File Transfer...
11-15-2011
Med's Request
medical extension 07-06-12 request sent by VO
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 16-08-12
emilymsmits said:

Thanks for your help!

Emily
Hi Emily they are good for 3 months , before you submit your application. here is a link to read. good luck

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

Reactions: KuroNeko26

prixit

Star Member
Jun 23, 2010
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/mar/2012
AOR Received.
29/6/2012
Med's Done....
12/mar /2012
VISA ISSUED...
still waiting
hi ...i recentally applied for my wife spouse visa from canada..as i am a pr and she is on a visitor visa from india...we applied in march 2012...recently got a mail from the embessy asking to fill the incomplete form and also got the file number...can anybody tell me how much time it takes to get the visa approved and what are the difffrent stages in the process

jpbs said:
parker24 said:
You could, but I'm not sure if that would be an issue or not. I didn't black out anything like that since they DO work for the Government and need clearance. But if it's a concern of yours, maybe call the call centre and ask? They might be able to tell you if it would affect your application.

would like to share my case please reply if u can :-

hi, my wife apply for me outland spouse sponsor visa she is original pr from india(main applicant) got PR in india in 2009 and stays in canada from last 2 and 1/2 yrs. for both of us it is second marriage her 1st husband(dependant visa) got expired in india 2 years back. and i am divorcee from india divorce in dec. 2011. she is also indian but went to canada in 2010 with her daughter, we both meet online from matrimonial website marriage portal www.shaadi.com , i was in india and she was in canada she has 11 yrs daughter from 1st marriage, i know and we both dont have problem too, but will it affect our visa case. can u suggest will this kind of case gets PR visa.
i had never travlled to canada before , but before our marriage i and my mom in feb 2012 apply for visitor visa, wants to get surprised got rejected, wants to give her surprise. i had travel few asian countries and uk for business purpose for few days, between 2005 and 2007
her(wife) age is 33 and mine(husband) is 32, we both meet online in jan 2012 and informed our parents did proper wedding in india in march 2012 and than honeymoon celebrated mine birthday party in april 2012 with friends and family too.she returned to canada after month staying together till april 2012 and with all photos , bills , forms, wedding cards, divorce degree, etc etc.she is working in canada.
i miss them both , am still waiting for stage 1, applied on 9 may, 2012.
can u help is this case straightforward or complicated. can i get sponsor spouse visa or not

Elpit

Jul 7, 2012
please help! Who is going to apply this month or applied not long time ago! I am so confused!

We are applying inland. I have visitor visa and I am in Canada now. According to Guide 5289 all documents should be mailed to Vegreville, Alberta. However, CIC page says: "All new Family Class applications must first be mailed to the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada" . What does it mean?

What should I put in Q4 IMM OOO8 form? cpc Vegreville or spc Mississauga? Where to mail the documents?

Thank you!

marcopolocan

Star Member
Jun 22, 2012
Hi Elpit

If you are applying INLAND -send to Alberta
If you are applying OUTLAND- send to CPC-Mississauga

Make sure you are using the right guide online and forms as you may have to proove financial resources INLAND (option C printout) as oppossed to OUTLAND. Others here may have more info for you but use the right guide.
Cheers

marcopolocan

Star Member
Jun 22, 2012
HI Elpit,

Also noticed that you are on a visitors visa. Someone with more experience here may be able to answer if you can sponsor (assuming you are the sponsor of spouse, common-law or conjugal partner). My understanding was that you had to be a permanant resident or canadian citizen to do so.

hopefully someone else can add to your knowledge base and ease the confusion. Good Luck.

Elpit

Jul 7, 2012
marcopolocan said:
Hi Elpit

If you are applying INLAND -send to Alberta
If you are applying OUTLAND- send to CPC-Mississauga

Make sure you are using the right guide online and forms as you may have to proove financial resources INLAND (option C printout) as oppossed to OUTLAND. Others here may have more info for you but use the right guide.
Cheers
Hi marcopolocan! Thank you for your reply. I will mail all my documents to Alberta. What about Q4 in IMM 0008? What is the difference? Should I put Alberta or Mississauga. I used 5289 Guide (sponsorship within Canada). The instruction to Q4 IMM0008 is sending you to the page where you have to choose cpc based on your native country. In my case it is Russia and our cpc is Mississauga. That why I am so confused....

Elpit

Jul 7, 2012
marcopolocan said:
HI Elpit,

Also noticed that you are on a visitors visa. Someone with more experience here may be able to answer if you can sponsor (assuming you are the sponsor of spouse, common-law or conjugal partner). My understanding was that you had to be a permanant resident or canadian citizen to do so.

hopefully someone else can add to your knowledge base and ease the confusion. Good Luck.
O, no, I am not a sponsor. My husband is a sponsor and he is Canadian.

prixit

Star Member
Jun 23, 2010
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/mar/2012
AOR Received.
29/6/2012
Med's Done....
12/mar /2012
VISA ISSUED...
still waiting
hi elpit my case is also like urs...i am a pr...and i stay in alberta...i sponsered my wife as a family class at applied to Vegreville, Alberta as she is in canada on a visitor visa ..i applied in march this year

I s there anybody who has applied at visa office in alberta for spouse case..please update
Elpit said:
Hi marcopolocan! Thank you for your reply. I will mail all my documents to Alberta. What about Q4 in IMM 0008? What is the difference? Should I put Alberta or Mississauga. I used 5289 Guide (sponsorship within Canada). The instruction to Q4 IMM0008 is sending you to the page where you have to choose cpc based on your native country. In my case it is Russia and our cpc is Mississauga. That why I am so confused....

Elpit

Jul 7, 2012
prixit said:
hi elpit my case is also like urs...i am a pr...and i stay in alberta...i sponsered my wife as a family class at applied to Vegreville, Alberta as she is in canada on a visitor visa ..i applied in march this year

I s there anybody who has applied at visa office in alberta for spouse case..please update
Hi, prixit! So you put Alberta in Q4 IMM0008 form?

prixit

Star Member
Jun 23, 2010
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/mar/2012
AOR Received.
29/6/2012
Med's Done....
12/mar /2012
VISA ISSUED...
still waiting
yes i had put alberta because my residence is in alberta calgary
Elpit said:
Hi, prixit! So you put Alberta in Q4 IMM0008 form?

marcopolocan

Star Member
Jun 22, 2012
HI Elpit:

This is from the guide IMM008 Q4.

Immigration Office requested for the processing of your application

Indicate the name of the Immigration Office which serves:

•your country of nationality, or
•the country in which you are residing, provided that you have been lawfully admitted to that country for at least one year.
Note: Do not select the CIO as the immigration office requested to process your application. Although you may be required to will submit your application to the CIO, you must indicate the name of an appropriate visa office using the criteria above.

From above it seems that If you are able to reside in Canada for at least 1 year you would have to submit the PR from yoyr passport. Otherwise it may mean that your visa office wold be Russia. I'm not cetain about this but this is how I would read the guide. I applied outland and had to supply my partner's residence permit as proof from New Zealand but she was a British National.