Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hello
Is it possible to apply for temporary Visitor Visa for a spouse, after applying for permanent Immigration papers? What are the chances that my spouse can get temporary visitor visa while the application for permanent Visa is in process?

danap

Star Member
May 9, 2012
vancouver
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
calgaryjatt said:
Hello
Is it possible to apply for temporary Visitor Visa for a spouse, after applying for permanent Immigration papers? What are the chances that my spouse can get temporary visitor visa while the application for permanent Visa is in process?
Hi,
Yes it is possible ...but there is a very high rate of denied ...up to 95%...but this is what people on this forum say....me i apply for my husband on dec 2011 for ppr and after a week we apply for a visitor visa and we got it......but we are big time travelers (more then 10 years of travelling around the world) so we hold a lots of visas from lots of country's including 2 types of US visas and i know that this is always a plus point. So yes is possible but is all up to the embassy....and is not a good idea to have a denied in your file at this time is like a red flag for immigration. So think about it...is important your record in this case...
Good luck

Araja

May 27, 2012
Is Learning French necessary ?

Hi everyone ,

It's my first post here, n im expecting some answers which will help me decide. My husband will soon be filing my & my 2 year old daughter's case from Quebec.
He thinks i should do a french language course as it might help in immigration. Could some one tell me is this so ? Will it help in a speedy immigration if i do it ?
And also ( excuse me for my ignorance , im pretty new to all dis ) how long does it normally take for spouse immigration from pakistan ??

thanks in adv :)

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Is Learning French necessary ?

Araja said:
It's my first post here, n im expecting some answers which will help me decide. My husband will soon be filing my & my 2 year old daughter's case from Quebec.
He thinks i should do a french language course as it might help in immigration. Could some one tell me is this so ? Will it help in a speedy immigration if i do it ?
And also ( excuse me for my ignorance , im pretty new to all dis ) how long does it normally take for spouse immigration from pakistan ??
Learning French is not necessary for spousal sponsorship but it is however a very good idea if you will end up moving to Quebec. Pakistan is about the worst country for spousal sponsorship because of how long they take. If you can get a one year visa to work or study in India or somewhere else, you should do it because if you are in another country with a one year visa when he applies, you can ask for processing there.

The processing time for an outland application right now is initially 90 days in Mississauga, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp and after that, 26 months in Islamabad (or if you are in India and can apply through New Delhi, 6 months), see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp#asia

You can follow the plight of the people applying through Islamabad on this 377 page thread here: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/chc-islamabad-spouse-sponsorship-timeline-2011-2012-t63735.0.html

Another option, if it is at all possible for you to get a visit visa to go to Canada with your child, stay and apply inland.

Araja

May 27, 2012
Hmmm dats a lot of time unfortunately :(

I have heard that the Canadian govt usually does not give a visit visa in a case where they think spouse n children have or will (in future) applied for immigration ... is it true ?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Araja said:
Hmmm dats a lot of time unfortunately :(

I have heard that the Canadian govt usually does not give a visit visa in a case where they think spouse n children have or will (in future) applied for immigration ... is it true ?
True, it is often hard for kids and spouses to get visit visas to Canada because immigration feels that their intention is not to visit but to stay on permanently.

calgaryjatt

May 26, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2012
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
Waiting
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Done....
19-06-2012
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hi
I am a Canadian Citizen and I got married in Feb 2012 in India. I came back to Canada in April 2012. I has not applied for my spouse yet. Is it possible to apply in New Delhi to sponsor my spouse while i am in Canada? Would it be a good idea to apply in India? Or i should apply in Canada for my spouse?

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
calgaryjatt said:
Hi
I am a Canadian Citizen and I got married in Feb 2012 in India. I came back to Canada in April 2012. I has not applied for my spouse yet. Is it possible to apply in New Delhi to sponsor my spouse while i am in Canada? Would it be a good idea to apply in India? Or i should apply in Canada for my spouse?
Apply through New Delhi. It's faster and plus you can't apply in Canada unless your spouse is also living with you in Canada. Applying through New Delhi is definitely what you have to do.

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Spousal Sponsorship - May 2012

HARRYTHEP said:
Hi everyone,

I sent in sponsorship and immigration paper work for my wife to CPC Mississauga around May 15.
Just wanted to know as to how long does it take to receive acknowledgement letter from CPC.
Also if there is any group for May 2012 New Delhi applicants I would like to join to carry the discussions and
receive any important updates.

Would appreciate your help.

Thanks a lot!
Here's the thread where all Delhi applicants hang out: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/thread-for-applicants-of-new-delhi-2010-t45583.0.html

Look forward to you joining us!

mit8383

May 18, 2012
My Sponsorship Approved on 30/04/2012 & forwarded to Nd

Till Date I Have Not Received Any Communication From VO ?

Just Want To Ask U ALL That How Long It Will Take For PPR ? After PPR How Long It Will Take For VISA Stamped ??

Status Msg is : We have Received Your Application FOR PR ON 30/01/2012 & Medical Reports Have Been Received
( Same Msg Shown From Very Next Day After Sponsorship Approved )

babyblue

May 28, 2012
Hi im a filipina,an ex entertainer in Japan on 2004-05 for just 6months and that was 9yrs.ago.had also son from my ex bf but he left when he get me pregnant.Was able to write story about my work in Japan so i became honest with the consultant my husband hired.I am now married for 8months to my canadian husband.My qustion is would i be denied visa because of my past work in Japan as an entertainer??? :(

suites

May 23, 2012
babyblue said:
Hi im a filipina,an ex entertainer in Japan on 2004-05 for just 6months and that was 9yrs.ago.had also son from my ex bf but he left when he get me pregnant.Was able to write story about my work in Japan so i became honest with the consultant my husband hired.I am now married for 8months to my canadian husband.My qustion is would i be denied visa because of my past work in Japan as an entertainer??? :(
hi, can i ask did your husband already applied you for spouse sponsorship?

babyblue

May 28, 2012
yes he did,we are just w8ng for my clearances from Japan and hongkong.What worries me is that i might be interviewed and thats we are avoiding accdng. to our consultant because of my past worked in Japan as entertainer.Will i be denied because of this???

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
babyblue said:
No, assuming it was all legal.

sukhi_ghotra

May 9, 2012
PLZZZZ HELP...

my application for my wifes sponsorship was received at mississauga office at 24th jan 2012.... i was asked to send form IMM 0008 and IMM 1344 again with original signatures of my wife again.....

this time i was told to send the docs to CPP- Ottawa... i sent the forms on 14th may 2012 and i tracked the mail and that was received next day On 15th may 2012 in at CPP-Ottawa. i waited two weeks for a reply and then emailed them and asked them about my file .

The officer replied saying

Good afternoon,

We currently have your file awaiting the missing documents. Once they are received and verified for original signatures, we can begin the assessment of your sponsorship. That process generally takes up to a week if there are no other discrepancies with the file. Once the assessment is complete, and if you are found to be eligible to sponsor, you will immediately be notified of the results, then our office forwards the file onto the Visa Office in order for them to start their assessment of the principal applicant of this file. The average wait times for all visa office’s can be found on our website:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp

This wait time begins from the time we receive a completed application package, which includes the request documents.

I hope this helps to clarify the situation of your file.

So im confused now... According to canada post docs were received at CPP-Ottawa 2 weeks ago and the officer said he is still waiting for missing docs.... :( ..

i dunno wats going on.... i wonder why the officer hasnt received them ..

any kinda info will be greatly appreciated...