None required
Passport Req..
VISA exempt not required
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2012
LANDED..........
19-07-2012
UPDATE

Charlie you were so right..My COPR is at the post office. I called this morning after getting a reply from POS that they sent it out May 8th. I;m so happy to be done. Good luck to those still waiting.

CharlieD10 said:
If his address has been switched to yours, and you have not had an interview, all is well. Wait for mail or email from them with instructions on how to submit your passport pages, that is all they need from visa-exempt persons. They will send the COPR via mail.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sunshine83 said:
hi
loen how ru
sorry for late reply i apply my spouse he living in KSA so .... finally i receive my file number on 20 march 2012 i check the status they also receive the medical can you tell me how long it take time what the next step should be taken
thanks
please reply me as soon as possible
I don't know how long it takes. The visa office will let you know of any further steps that need to be taken.

Dawlphin_17

Star Member
May 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2012
Doc's Request.
22-08-2012 & 22-01-2013
AOR Received.
22-08-2012
File Transfer...
10-09-2012
Med's Done....
25-05-2012
This website is so helpful. Would anyone be able to clear some things up for me:
I am sponsoring my common law partner to come to Canada with me, and we are both currently living in the UK (and I have been for 2 years).
On the sponsorship checklist it says to include an 'option C' Printout of my last Notice of Assessment for the most recent taxation year. Since I have been living outside of Canada for the last two years, I dont think this applies to me. Is 'I have been living outside of Canada for the past two years' a suitable explaination of why this isnt included.

Also, if I understand correctly, there are no financial requirements of the sponsor who is sponsoring their common law partner. If this is true, and we are both planning on moving to Canada once the visa is approved, am I still required to send an original of a letter from my current employer (in the UK) stating my hours, wage, and contract date, even though this will be irrelevant once the visa is approved.
Thank you

Meo2.0

May 22, 2012
Dawlphin_17 said:
This website is so helpful. Would anyone be able to clear some things up for me:
I am sponsoring my common law partner to come to Canada with me, and we are both currently living in the UK (and I have been for 2 years).
On the sponsorship checklist it says to include an 'option C' Printout of my last Notice of Assessment for the most recent taxation year. Since I have been living outside of Canada for the last two years, I dont think this applies to me. Is 'I have been living outside of Canada for the past two years' a suitable explaination of why this isnt included.

Also, if I understand correctly, there are no financial requirements of the sponsor who is sponsoring their common law partner. If this is true, and we are both planning on moving to Canada once the visa is approved, am I still required to send an original of a letter from my current employer (in the UK) stating my hours, wage, and contract date, even though this will be irrelevant once the visa is approved.
Thank you
I'm not sure about the Option C Printout but I think you still have to get it even though you don't have any income for those two years.

And yes, for spousal/common-law partners there is no income requirement but you still have to send in the requested information. Any missing information will result in them sending back the entire package, with a request for the missing information.

At least that is my experience with them. So where I work, we're always better save than sorry and we follow their checklist exactly.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
Dawlphin_17 said:

Thank you
You need to include your taxes in the UK then, plus an explanation on why it's not Option C. They do get these types of letters so it's okay, but be sure to include your tax assessment from the UK.

Yes, include that. Also, you really need to prove that you will move back to Canada. A lease, a letter from an employer, a PLAN. I know it's difficult to do, but it shows them that you aren't going to just get PR and stay in the UK.

mit8383

May 18, 2012
To ALL,

My File Sent ON 30/01/2012 & Sponsorship Approved on 30/04/12 & File Transfer For Further Process TO ND VO ON same Date.

From That Day My Status ON CIC Website is Application Received FOR PR ON 30/01/2012 & Medical Results Has Been Received ..
is My Status Going To change " In Process " Once They Are Processing My File ?
I Don't HAVE Any Travel History ..

I Have Seen Some Peoples Get PPR Within 10 to 15 Days N AM Still Waiting For Updates ..
Can Anyone Help me ?? How Long it will take ??

suites

May 23, 2012
Hi Leon,

I need your opinion about my situation. I have passed my PPR to CEM already together with some additional documents required and one of this is personal history form. I just stated to that form my employment history. Now I just wondering do they check if you worked in other country even if i did'nt include it in personal history form? Or do they have a standard check for all the applicants if they work/travel to other country or not? Do you have any idea about this? thank a lot!

lostinsa

May 23, 2012
Hi all the information in these forums is relieveing thank you.
Here is my situation and if anyone can advise please it would be greattly appreciated,my wife is a canadian citizen born and breed,I am a south african citizen we have been living together here in SA for the past 2 years my wife has recently returned home to look for work and start the immigration process right so here is our problem,I applied in 2010 for a temporary residents visa and got denied and bar for 2 years I want to know if my wife starts the application process now will the CIC just refuse it coz I am still barred or can we get the ball rolling?

My bar will be passed in feb 2013 which means I am gonna be apart from my wife for 9 months not cool.we are trying to find a way to be able to apply now so when the time comes we don't have to wait another 6 to 8 months to see each other.

I also wanna know does a drunk driving charge which happened 2 years ago make me inadmissable and should I apply for rehabilitation now.

Its sucks being apart like this and our marriage is taking strain because of this.

I would like to know what we can do to get this immigration process behind us my wife refuses to live in my country and when she was here she was miserable for 2 years long which broke my heart so I don't want to go through that again.

We are thinking of contacting a lawyer and have found one within canada.

Another question do I have to wait 2 years before I can apply the visa officer never told me about the 30 day appeal application he was very rude to me and swore at me all through my interview is there anyway I can have the bar over turned or must I just wait till Feb 2013

Thank you

dragonele

Feb 26, 2012
Application sent back

Hi all,
I was heartbroken today to see that in the mail was my application to sponsor my husband...it was sent back to me becuase I used old versions of the forms. :-[
In the letter they sent with it, it refers to applications IMM1344, 0008 and 5669. It says to check the little box at the bottom left hand corner to make sure it says (02-2012). The letter says " Older versions of these forms are no longer accepted"
My question is this: It doesn't say anything about IMM5481 or5540 but the ones I sent in are older too (the box on the bottom say (07-2011). Should I re-do these as well to be on the safe side or is it ok because they didn't specify them?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Re: Application sent back

dragonele said:
Hi all,
I was heartbroken today to see that in the mail was my application to sponsor my husband...it was sent back to me becuase I used old versions of the forms. :-[
In the letter they sent with it, it refers to applications IMM1344, 0008 and 5669. It says to check the little box at the bottom left hand corner to make sure it says (02-2012). The letter says " Older versions of these forms are no longer accepted"
My question is this: It doesn't say anything about IMM5481 or5540 but the ones I sent in are older too (the box on the bottom say (07-2011). Should I re-do these as well to be on the safe side or is it ok because they didn't specify them?
If you're re-doing the forms, do it with the most recent versions. That will minimize the likelihood of rejection again, even if they didn't mention it in their letter.

sunshine83

Jan 25, 2012
but somebody told me this it is true
" The current average processing time for Family Class: Spouses/partners and dependent children is 6 to 12 months. We do not respond to status enquiries for cases being processed within the above standards."

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lostinsa said:
Here is my situation and if anyone can advise please it would be greattly appreciated,my wife is a canadian citizen born and breed,I am a south african citizen we have been living together here in SA for the past 2 years my wife has recently returned home to look for work and start the immigration process right so here is our problem,I applied in 2010 for a temporary residents visa and got denied and bar for 2 years I want to know if my wife starts the application process now will the CIC just refuse it coz I am still barred or can we get the ball rolling?

My bar will be passed in feb 2013 which means I am gonna be apart from my wife for 9 months not cool.we are trying to find a way to be able to apply now so when the time comes we don't have to wait another 6 to 8 months to see each other.

I also wanna know does a drunk driving charge which happened 2 years ago make me inadmissable and should I apply for rehabilitation now.

Its sucks being apart like this and our marriage is taking strain because of this.

I would like to know what we can do to get this immigration process behind us my wife refuses to live in my country and when she was here she was miserable for 2 years long which broke my heart so I don't want to go through that again.

Another question do I have to wait 2 years before I can apply the visa officer never told me about the 30 day appeal application he was very rude to me and swore at me all through my interview is there anyway I can have the bar over turned or must I just wait till Feb 2013

Thank you
You are inadmissible to Canada due to your drunk driving conviction. You cannot apply for rehabilitation until 5 years have passed from the date you completed your sentence (not the date you were convicted). The best you can do is get a TRP. And hire someone to help you.

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
lostinsa said:

Thank you
Hi, to my knowledge, she can start the process, however, Canada wont dtake a decision until your time is due... a friend of mine, was engaged and her now husband was deported and had a 2 year restriction to enter Canada, they got mariage and she started doing the paper during those two years, when the ban was left, he got his papers within 6 motnhs... as per drunk driving, allthough is not right and is hardly bad seen here, if you continue to drik then stop now... the sooner the better not for Canada, but for you and your family...

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
lostinsa said:
I applied in 2010 for a temporary residents visa and got denied and bar for 2 years
Why were you barred for 2 years following a TRV application? Was it for misrepresentation? If so that might be the bigger hurdle you have to get over because they'll be less likely to believe anything that is being said. Was the bar due to the drunk driving? Otherwise it just doesn't make any sense.

mattrox10

Star Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2012
Doc's Request.
04-06-2012
AOR Received.
25-07-2012
File Transfer...
08-08-2012
Med's Done....
07-04-2012
Passport Req..
28-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-03-2013
Re: Application sent back

dragonele said:
Hi all,
Did you find newer versions? I am currently filling out all the forms and realizing they are saying imm 1344 a 2010 and imm 5669 2010 etc.