Waived
Passport Req..
08 May 2012
VISA ISSUED...
14 May 2012
LANDED..........
11 November 2012
Leon said:
For family class? No way. It doesn't matter for family class if you have education. If you were applying under the skilled worker program and needed the points for that degree, than it could cause you to lose those points and not get the visa.
Thanks Leon, you are always a life saver. I just want you to know we appreciate you on this forum.

rucy

Mar 17, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
the CPC in Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1st april 2011
Doc's Request.
27 June 2011
File Transfer...
3nd March 2012
Interview........
2nd May 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21st Jun 2012
LANDED..........
21st Jun 2012
Hi everyone

I can't find anyone who are in the similar case as mine.
I hung in my application since last year, and now they just transfered my application to CIC in Etobicoke on 3nd March 2012. So how long will i have to wait more from now?

*What is AOR stand for?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
rucy said:
Hi everyone

I can't find anyone who are in the similar case as mine.
I hung in my application since last year, and now they just transfered my application to CIC in Etobicoke on 3nd March 2012. So how long will i have to wait more from now?

*What is AOR stand for?
If they transferred your application, it means it's actually being processed now, which is a good sign. As to how long, that varies, but I'd suggest looking at the various spreadsheets on the forum listing times people are experiencing.

AOR = "Acknowledgement of Receipt" - this is the notice that you receive when CIC opens your application and starts to process your application.

pinayako

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
do you guys have any idea what immigration does with medical record after they expire.
do they even check if you had medical before or not?
i had medical last august 2010 but never send my sponsorship application.

Shaheenaz

Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore Visa Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October ,2011
AOR Received.
December, 2011
File Transfer...
February ,2012
Med's Request
RE-MED : July 16, 2012
Med's Done....
Aug , 2011.
Passport Req..
July 05, 2012 . Passport received by SVO : Aug 19, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 12, 2012. Passport Received from VFS: Sept 20, 2012
LANDED..........
October 9, 2012
pinayako said:
do you guys have any idea what immigration does with medical record after they expire.
do they even check if you had medical before or not?
i had medical last august 2010 but never send my sponsorship application.
you have to do the medical with the listed doctors they have on their list and the doctor will fill up an application that was provided with your sponsorship package. Once the doctor give you the form back you should attach the form back to your rest of the sponsorship package and submit the application. During the processing time if your medical is expired immigration will ask you to do re-medical and that is the last step before they ask for passport.

rucy

Mar 17, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
the CPC in Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1st april 2011
Doc's Request.
27 June 2011
File Transfer...
3nd March 2012
Interview........
2nd May 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21st Jun 2012
LANDED..........
21st Jun 2012
Thanks computergeek

I didn't get any AOR. I checked on application status, it states my application was received on 1st Apr 2011, then i got a letter to request more information on 27th jun 2011. And until 3nd Mar 2012 i got a letter say my application has been transferred to CIC in Etobicoke.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
rucy said:
Thanks computergeek

I didn't get any AOR. I checked on application status, it states my application was received on 1st Apr 2011, then i got a letter to request more information on 27th jun 2011. And until 3nd Mar 2012 i got a letter say my application has been transferred to CIC in Etobicoke.
You should request your case notes (CAIPS/GCSM). See http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/index.asp for the information. They must be sent to an address in Canada. If you request them yourself, then there is no charge. If someone else requests them on your behalf, there is a $5 charge. It takes 4-6 weeks to receive the response. At that point you will know what the status of your file is and what has and has not been done.

Good luck!

jattu1980

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
Fairfax, VA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello people,

As usual, these forums are really helpful and did help in clearing my doubts about outland processing and inland processing. But I have a quick question about my situation and I want to see whether I am on the right track.

I am getting married on the 24th of April. My spouse to be is in New Delhi. She is planning to get a tourist visa sometime March end. If she gets it, great! In that case, after the marriage she can fly here and stay with me for a couple of months to get a flavour of the life here and then fly back.

Would it be a problem for her that when she is getting the tourist visa, she was single; and when she is entering the country, she is married?

So, she comes to Canada on a tourist visa. So can I file her sponsorship papers while she is here in Canada? The idea being that by the time the Mississauga office will send her application to new delhi, she will probably be back home by that time.

If I decide to wait for her to go back to New Delhi and then file her sponsorship papers, would that be a better option?

Please advise me guys? I am in quite a bit of fix. I don't want to cause any unnecessary complications in her application processing.

Thanks for your time.

-JT

GOGOGO

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo->New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
Doc's Request.
23-02-2012
AOR Received.
04-01-2012 (Email from Buffalo)
File Transfer...
02-02-2012 (Buffalo->New York: notified by email from Buffalo)
Med's Done....
18-01-2012
Passport Req..
11-04-2012; 23Apr: PP copy delivered at NY
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2012 (as per COPR); 4May: Decision Made on eCAS; 8May: COPR rcvd (Canada address)
LANDED..........
10-05-2012; 12May: Status in eCAS disappeared; 13Jul: PR Card rcv'd
Hi jattu1980, it doesn't matter where your spouse physically is when you submit your application. However, you would need to wait till you're married before you can submit the application to sponsor your spouse. Marriage certificate is required along with your application.

jattu1980 said:
Hello people,

As usual, these forums are really helpful and did help in clearing my doubts about outland processing and inland processing. But I have a quick question about my situation and I want to see whether I am on the right track.

I am getting married on the 24th of April. My spouse to be is in New Delhi. She is planning to get a tourist visa sometime March end. If she gets it, great! In that case, after the marriage she can fly here and stay with me for a couple of months to get a flavour of the life here and then fly back.

Would it be a problem for her that when she is getting the tourist visa, she was single; and when she is entering the country, she is married?

So, she comes to Canada on a tourist visa. So can I file her sponsorship papers while she is here in Canada? The idea being that by the time the Mississauga office will send her application to new delhi, she will probably be back home by that time.

If I decide to wait for her to go back to New Delhi and then file her sponsorship papers, would that be a better option?

Please advise me guys? I am in quite a bit of fix. I don't want to cause any unnecessary complications in her application processing.

Thanks for your time.

-JT

zmikers

Feb 26, 2012
There seems to be a lot of activity and my question was left unanswered....... So lonely :p Just kidding. Anyways, I will repost and see if anyone has an answer. Thanks again in advance, you guys are unbelievably helpful!

Like I said, here I am again :p. My wife is pregnant and I know I can complete the medical while submitting the X-ray at a later date after our child is born, but I do have a question about that. Will completing everything, minus the X-ray and applying now, then submitting the X-ray results at a later date actually speed up the process, rather than just completing everything at the same time once the baby is born? From what I understand, the application will be put on hold until the X-ray has been completed, but are there other sections or procedures of the process that get completed before the x-ray is submitted, making this way faster?

jattu1980

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
Fairfax, VA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi GoGoGo,

Thanks for responding back. Yes, We will get the marriage certificate from New Delhi, right after marriage, and then come here. So I guess my question is, will it cause any negative effects on her application if she is here in Canada when I file her sponsorship papers? Will it be considered dual intent?

GOGOGO said:
Hi jattu1980, it doesn't matter where your spouse physically is when you submit your application. However, you would need to wait till you're married before you can submit the application to sponsor your spouse. Marriage certificate is required along with your application.

GOGOGO

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo->New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
Doc's Request.
23-02-2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
18-01-2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2012 (as per COPR); 4May: Decision Made on eCAS; 8May: COPR rcvd (Canada address)
LANDED..........
Just my personal opinion, you may want to apply now together with a cover letter explaining your wife's situation and that she will complete x-ray once baby is born. Worst case scenario they put your case on hold until the x-ray is submitted, which is no different than you submitting everything in one go.

zmikers said:
There seems to be a lot of activity and my question was left unanswered....... So lonely :p Just kidding. Anyways, I will repost and see if anyone has an answer. Thanks again in advance, you guys are unbelievably helpful!

Like I said, here I am again :p. My wife is pregnant and I know I can complete the medical while submitting the X-ray at a later date after our child is born, but I do have a question about that. Will completing everything, minus the X-ray and applying now, then submitting the X-ray results at a later date actually speed up the process, rather than just completing everything at the same time once the baby is born? From what I understand, the application will be put on hold until the X-ray has been completed, but are there other sections or procedures of the process that get completed before the x-ray is submitted, making this way faster?

GOGOGO

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo->New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
Doc's Request.
23-02-2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
18-01-2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
There are quite a few forumers here staying with their spouses in Canada while the files are being processed outland. If your wife is granted visitor visa to Canada, please make sure she doesn't overstay.

EDIT: You can also look at a recent thread re vistor visa:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/visitor-visa-t98767.0.html;msg1336825#msg1336825

jattu1980 said:
Hi GoGoGo,

Thanks for responding back. Yes, We will get the marriage certificate from New Delhi, right after marriage, and then come here. So I guess my question is, will it cause any negative effects on her application if she is here in Canada when I file her sponsorship papers? Will it be considered dual intent?

koala18

Star Member
Jan 16, 2012
I am filling out the IMM008 Generic Application. I have some questions:

1. Even though my mom is not a qualified dependent, I can still include her there so that I can sponsor her in the future, right?
2. What is a National Identity Card? Can I use my passport details for this as well?

koala18

Star Member
Jan 16, 2012
Oh and another question, in the field "Name", I know that we should indicate here our names as in the passport. Shall we include our middle name then? so it will be SURNAME, GIVEN NAME MIDDLE NAME?