+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

zmikers

Feb 26, 2012
Like I said, here I am again :p. My wife is pregnant and I know I can complete the medical while submitting the X-ray at a later date after our child is born, but I do have a question about that. Will completing everything, minus the X-ray and applying now, then submitting the X-ray results at a later date actually speed up the process, rather than just completing everything at the same time once the baby is born? From what I understand, the application will be put on hold until the X-ray has been completed, but are there other sections of the process that get completed before the x-ray is submitted, making this way faster?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jennmarvin said:
hello po sa inyong lahat. pano po ba namen sisimulan ng asawa ko ang pag aapply? canadian citizen po sya. ano po ba una namen gagawin? sana po magreply kayo. kasi di po talaga namen alam gagawin. sa canada po ba isesend lahat ng application? akala ko po kasi sa canadian embassy dito. thanks po.
A food for thought. When you post in your own language, how many percentage of the people on this forum will understand and be able to reply to you? How many will be able to learn from your experience and possibly avoid mistakes that you made? When you post in English, everybody can.

maksi

Dec 25, 2011
Makati City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jennmarvin said:
hello po sa inyong lahat. pano po ba namen sisimulan ng asawa ko ang pag aapply? canadian citizen po sya. ano po ba una namen gagawin? sana po magreply kayo. kasi di po talaga namen alam gagawin. sa canada po ba isesend lahat ng application? akala ko po kasi sa canadian embassy dito. thanks po.
You can visit the website : www.cic.gc.ca for the requirements u needed on your application. You need to complete the necessary forms and send it to your husband, and your husband will do submit to Canada. :) after your husband received Approval (AOR) from CIC that time they will forward it to Manila Embassy.

Josephs

Star Member
Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 October 2011
AOR Received.
18 January 2012
File Transfer...
04 January 2012
Med's Done....
27 February 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08 May 2012
VISA ISSUED...
14 May 2012
LANDED..........
11 November 2012
As anyone be interviewed about their education on the forum? I lost two of my certificates in my luggage a while ago and it'd difficult to get a re-issue.

Shaheenaz

Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore Visa Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October ,2011
AOR Received.
December, 2011
File Transfer...
February ,2012
Med's Request
RE-MED : July 16, 2012
Med's Done....
Aug , 2011.
Passport Req..
July 05, 2012 . Passport received by SVO : Aug 19, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 12, 2012. Passport Received from VFS: Sept 20, 2012
LANDED..........
October 9, 2012
Josephs said:
As anyone be interviewed about their education on the forum? I lost two of my certificates in my luggage a while ago and it'd difficult to get a re-issue.
In my friends husband case , he lost his certificate right before submitting the file. He avoided the information in the file and submitted without it mentioning in the cover letter that it got lost. Immigration found out every thing and asked for all the supporting documents about his education. He had to re-issue and submit again. Every thing made his time line really really long. Almost 2 and half years. I suggest
you to submit the file but in the cover letter let them know you have lost your certificate and will send them back the re-issued copy as soon as you get them.

Mrslwsn

Oct 7, 2010
Toronto/Mobay
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2011
AOR Received.
neva yet
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
26-10-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-03-12
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-12
LANDED..........
29-04-2012
Leon said:
A food for thought. When you post in your own language, how many percentage of the people on this forum will understand and be able to reply to you? How many will be able to learn from your experience and possibly avoid mistakes that you made? When you post in English, everybody can.
THANK YOU!!! Tired of saying in English PLEASEEEEE!

tamtam123

Mar 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12- April-2012
File Transfer...
12- July-2012
Med's Done....
20-Feb-2012, Remed in June 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-June-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-July-2013
LANDED..........
Soon!
Hi Leon,

You seem to be helping everybody.. so I thought I'd write to you to clarify a couple of issues. My husband and I know each other for about 4 months now, and we got married after 3 months of conversations.

1) Ours was an arranged marriage - so our relationship is very short - 4 months

2) He came to my country only once during this time - that was to get married

3) We did mostly phone calls & skype- so dont have any letters or chat logs or much email

I am a little worried on how exactly to prove that ours is a genuine relationship... We did have a big wedding with lots of pictures & video, and also of our honeymoon.. but thats it - as far as documentation is concerned..

Do you think its enough? What more could we add to make the case officers see our true relationship?

I really wish you could help..

Thanks

tamtam123

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tamtam123 said:
I am a little worried on how exactly to prove that ours is a genuine relationship... We did have a big wedding with lots of pictures & video, and also of our honeymoon.. but thats it - as far as documentation is concerned..

Do you think its enough? What more could we add to make the case officers see our true relationship?
Have you used online chat to communicate? Written emails or letters? Talked to each other on the phone? Many couples print out emails, chat logs and send copies of phone bills to prove their courtship.

Josephs

Star Member
Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 October 2011
AOR Received.
18 January 2012
File Transfer...
04 January 2012
Med's Done....
27 February 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08 May 2012
VISA ISSUED...
14 May 2012
LANDED..........
11 November 2012
bobshynoswife said:
Excellent post! Is there anyway the moderators could have it stuck at the top?
I saw you on this forum. I am a Nigerian married to a Canadian too, we are living together in South africa but will move to Canada together after I get my PR. My wife has been approved as a sponsor. Incase I have to go for an interview I want you to help with the kind of questions they might ask.

Dinto

Star Member
Feb 24, 2012
I am in the same boat with my South African wife, infact we had a simple ceremony as well... and only a few pictures...

What do you think we could do to verify the relationship is "real".

Scandinavian

Star Member
Nov 4, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think it is a bit odd that the immigration will regard a big wedding as proof of genuine marriage!
Me and my future husband wont be having any wedding reception at all, this marriage is between me and
him and since we have both been married before, I do not wish to "play the princess for a day" once more.
We will be going on a honeymoon with our children later on to celebrate our wedding but that is not going to happen
right after the wedding. And regarding how much a long distance relationship costs in plane tickets, phone calls etc,
I wonder how anyone can afford a big pricey wedding (unless you are loaded with money). We will rather put the money in a house.
So that is my concern, we cannot afford and don´t want to have a wedding reception.
The fact that we are going to have a private wedding doesn´t make us love less. :-*

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Scandinavian said:
I think it is a bit odd that the immigration will regard a big wedding as proof of genuine marriage!
They don't. It has to be accompanied by other evidence. I have heard of arranged marriages where there was a huge big family affair with photos and videotapes and the couple were still denied. Actually they were not in love, the girl felt forced into the whole thing by her family and did not want to marry the guy and immigration may have been somehow reading that between the lines.

Josephs

Star Member
Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 October 2011
AOR Received.
18 January 2012
File Transfer...
04 January 2012
Med's Done....
27 February 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08 May 2012
VISA ISSUED...
14 May 2012
LANDED..........
11 November 2012
Leon said:
They don't. It has to be accompanied by other evidence. I have heard of arranged marriages where there was a huge big family affair with photos and videotapes and the couple were still denied. Actually they were not in love, the girl felt forced into the whole thing by her family and did not want to marry the guy and immigration may have been somehow reading that between the lines.
Hello Leon,

Can I be refused a visa if I lost one of my education certificate. I have tried to get a re-issue and it`s getting almost impossible to get.

Scandinavian

Star Member
Nov 4, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leon: good to know! I guess huge phonebills (my future husband) a few plane
tickets, hundreds of photos and joint bank account in Canada will be proof enough..
and yes, our love for each other! Good luck all being in a ldr. It´s hard and only for the tough
one´s! :) I am going to see my sweetheart in less than 2 weeks!!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Josephs said:
Hello Leon,

Can I be refused a visa if I lost one of my education certificate. I have tried to get a re-issue and it`s getting almost impossible to get.
For family class? No way. It doesn't matter for family class if you have education. If you were applying under the skilled worker program and needed the points for that degree, than it could cause you to lose those points and not get the visa.