28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Indigo said:
Perhaps you should go and date your own ego then.

What you are seeking is a Marriage of Convenience, a marriage for the sole purpose of getting into Canada. This forum is full of non-Canadians who fell in love with a Canadian, and vice versa, and have to go through a long and stressful process to start their lives together. These people generally don't take kindly to being confronted with MoC stories.
Well said.

sanika

Oct 14, 2010
Higuys,
We haven't heard nothing about our app so we decide to call cic and the agent told us that they sent us a letter requiring a document since sept the 6th but we never received the letter.our app is on hold waiting for that paper but we never knew that. I read on the website, when they ask you a paper,you have 3months limit to send it otherwise you will have your app refused.
I need to know as soon as we send them that paper, we applied from aug the 3rd, how long will they take to review and approve us? Thanks

M

magpie

sanika said:
Higuys,
We haven't heard nothing about our app so we decide to call cic and the agent told us that they sent us a letter requiring a document since sept the 6th but we never received the letter.our app is on hold waiting for that paper but we never knew that. I read on the website, when they ask you a paper,you have 3months limit to send it otherwise you will have your app refused.
I need to know as soon as we send them that paper, we applied from aug the 3rd, how long will they take to review and approve us? Thanks
I don't believe that anyone here can answer that question. It's an answer you must get from CIC as each case is different and there are many agents working at CIC. All you can do is call them and ask them and hopefully get a decent answer.

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sanika said:
Higuys,
If your app was return they advise why it was return and what u need to do in order to resend it also you wont have to wait another 68 days again just resend it to the appropriate place and person

sanika

Oct 14, 2010
You are right Magpie!
@ Kedeisha, thanks for replying , we have to send them only a job letter that my husband forgot to send.not the whole app.

M

magpie

sanika said:
You are right Magpie!
@ Kedeisha, thanks for replying , we have to send them only a job letter that my husband forgot to send.not the whole app.
If it's just a job letter then it doesn't sound like anything to worry about. Goes to show that they are just making sure you are taken care of once you arrive

In Limbo

Star Member
Nov 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 16, 2011
I`m so confused guys. I keep reading that a person being sponsored within Canada only gets a work permit after the first stage approval, yet my husband has received a new work permit and we have no notification of any approval thus far. Sponsorship application was sent March 16, 2011 and began processing April 8, 2011. Work permit would have expired September 5, 2011 and we applied for extension August 4, 2011 and low and behold he got it in October. So is the second stage rule only applies of one is applying for a brand new work permit?

love bird 43

Aug 13, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all members , ALLAH IS GREAT.
i have recevied my passport from aramex today with visa, ALHAMDULLIAH.'
nobody knowes that where he will be , what will he eat , and where is gona, be die, even these 16 days in dubai (UAE)
i never though that , and expect that i will come to dubai , to sent my passport from here , because it is not legel in pakistan.

my visa isseu date is 17th of october 2011, same that day when i had my passport request , i mean
ppr and decsion made were same week , and i sent my passport to chc london on 25th of october
and chc london recevied it 27th oct,,,,,,,, after 14th day i have got my passport from chc london via chc abu dehbi
according to my experience that , if applicant gets decsion made with the ppr , its mean that visa has been isseu , and applicant just need to sent passport , to pste the visa on it , thanks every body specialy Mr qorax,,, and bijupv007 and all other members. prey fore me ........

CandyB

Aug 5, 2011
Hello,

I would love to hear from those who have landed already. I'd like to get a sense of how long it has taken you from the PPR to receiving your PP back with the Visa.

Also, I would like to hear about your landing experience.

My husband has just sent his PP to POS by DHL and we are now waiting to get it back. I'm trying to plan his flight back to Canada and prepare him for what may happen with CBSA once he lands.

Anyone care to share?

M

magpie

Giving anyone a time line from PPR to PP would not be accurately possible. That would depend on the VO and how busy they are. Some have a turnaround time of 6 days and others have waited 2+ weeks. For my wife it was 9 days from sending to receiving but the date stamp on the visa was 3 days earlier. That was our VO which is quite different than yours.

From what I have been reading from others on this and other forums He would go through customs (CBSA) and he would tell them that he is landing in Canada for the first time. They will ask for his list of things that he is bringing and a copy of the list that is yet to come. Check the CBSA website. Explanation is quite clear. From there they will direct him to the Immigration desk where he will be interviewed by questions of things on his application. Not a big issue. Then they will sign and stamp his COPR give him a copy and welcome you to Canada. From what I understand this whole process should not take more than an hour. From CBSA and Immigration Desk. Again as mentioned above to give an accurate time would be impossible. Just make sure he has all his documents and lists prepared and ready and do not lie. Biggest mistake is to lie and they catch you. Depending on what airport you land depends on the line up for customs. Good luck and happy landing. Let me be the first then to welcome him to Canada

CandyB said:
Hello,

I would love to hear from those who have landed already. I'd like to get a sense of how long it has taken you from the PPR to receiving your PP back with the Visa.

My husband has just sent his PP to POS by DHL and we are now waiting to get it back. I'm trying to plan his flight back to Canada and prepare him for what may happen with CBSA once he lands.

Anyone care to share?

CandyB

Aug 5, 2011
Hi magpie,

Thank you for your response. I appreciate it.

I don't expect to get an accurate timeline as I understand that every situation is different. I'm just interested in hearing people's personal experiences who have actually gone through the process. I figured it would help me piece together some kind of idea of what to expect.

I would love to be there with him when he lands, but we'll see what happens!

Serendipity

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In Limbo said:
I`m so confused guys. I keep reading that a person being sponsored within Canada only gets a work permit after the first stage approval, yet my husband has received a new work permit and we have no notification of any approval thus far. Sponsorship application was sent March 16, 2011 and began processing April 8, 2011. Work permit would have expired September 5, 2011 and we applied for extension August 4, 2011 and low and behold he got it in October. So is the second stage rule only applies of one is applying for a brand new work permit?

Dear In Limbo,

The particular circumstances of your husband's case evidently made him eligible for the extension of his OWP. However, the extension in question was most likely issued in virtue of his refugee claim, rather than the inland spousal sponsorship process. That may explain why you have not received anything from CIC indicating that AIP has already been approved.

S.

In Limbo

Star Member
Nov 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 16, 2011
Thanks for responding Serendipity. He already was denied that refugee claim way back in January so I wouldnt think the new work permit extension would have anything to do with that...but maybe your right as we are nowhere close getting first stage approval. CIC can be soo confusing at times.

M

magpie

Check out http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-border.asp

CandyB said:
Hello,

Anyone care to share?