+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

mannpunia

Apr 25, 2024
Hi

I applied my spousal application in December and my spouse came to canada in april as visitor. I updated his address after a couple of days but it is still not updated in application tracker account. any idesa how long does it take to update?

mannpunia

Apr 25, 2024
my spouse's application was submitted in december 2023 and medical was passed in January. for one month his background status is not applicable. any idea what is happening with the application? any guidance please

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi

I applied my spousal application in December and my spouse came to canada in april as visitor. I updated his address after a couple of days but it is still not updated in application tracker account. any idesa how long does it take to update?
Don't worry about it, they may not update for that part.

nyantaro19

Star Member
Feb 7, 2024
Category........
Other
Hi there,
I have question, I have got request to pay for right of permanent residence fees before any medical or biometric request. All though I have done my biometric and medical last year with my other file. ( I have heard from my friend that they are now asking for biometric again) Also they had asked for biometric fees but did not get any letter for biometric yet.
Have paid fees for biometric on 19 march and paid fees for RPRF on 11 march. Is anyone having similar experience?
In my experience, we paid for the fee in full right after submitting the application. Also, what do you mean with your "other file"? You have two applications?

zaynwithay

Mar 29, 2024
Hi,
I got married in May and my husband is a Canadian citizen he has sponsored me.
we submitted our file in November and I got my medicals & biometrics done in January since then their are no updates.
What is the normal timeframe & should I apply for Visit visa please suggest
After you have recieved your AOR, you can apply for the visit visa. It is not guaranteed that you will be issued one but you do have a higher chance of success. Attatch your AOR with the remaining required documents and apply and hope for the best.

Reactions: pkrgamer

sonusweetie

Star Member
Apr 1, 2021
Hey all,
My husband is Canadian citizen and we have applied for inland spouse sponsorship in January. So far I've received the pre arrival letter, have given my biometrics and the medical exams. We would like to take a quick trip to my home country (Brazil) and stay there for around two weeks. Would that be a problem that would cause my re entry to be denied on our way back? My current status is based on visitors visa which will be up in less than 15 days until I'm in implied status in Canada.
Random question for my reference, did you do upfront medical or waiting for IRCC to ask for it?

sonusweetie

Star Member
Apr 1, 2021
I'm a little confused about how to label the documents being uploaded when there are multiple documents under the same section. For example. my proof of relationship section has 8-10 documents. Do I upload each with "last name_first name_proof of relationship - 1," "last name_first name_proof of relationship - 2," and so on .. or is it okay to label as "last name_first name_drivers license," "last name_first name_renters insurance," and such? I personally find the latter easier but unsure if there is a rigid ask from IRCC to follow the former labeling convention.

nyantaro19

Star Member
Feb 7, 2024
Category........
Other
I'm a little confused about how to label the documents being uploaded when there are multiple documents under the same section. For example. my proof of relationship section has 8-10 documents. Do I upload each with "last name_first name_proof of relationship - 1," "last name_first name_proof of relationship - 2," and so on .. or is it okay to label as "last name_first name_drivers license," "last name_first name_renters insurance," and such? I personally find the latter easier but unsure if there is a rigid ask from IRCC to follow the former labeling convention.
I did the "last name_first name_proof of relationship - 1" format and it seemed to make the process smooth. I had to resubmit a police certificate earlier this year since it was about to expire and was labeled "last name_first name_police certificate - 2" and from there our application moved faster. We just followed the naming format in the website, but then again it's jsut a naming format. We had more than 10 documents having used the name format since we just followed what IRCC wants.

Reactions: sonusweetie

Sam2077

Apr 28, 2024
Hi. I (sponsor) submitted my application for spousal PR sponsorship under family class on April 15 2024 and got the AOR email on April 24 2024. When can I expect to receive the biometrics and medical emails? Generally, what is the time lag between AOR email and biometrics, medical emails? Any feedback would be highly appreciated.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi. I (sponsor) submitted my application for spousal PR sponsorship under family class on April 15 2024 and got the AOR email on April 24 2024. When can I expect to receive the biometrics and medical emails? Generally, what is the time lag between AOR email and biometrics, medical emails? Any feedback would be highly appreciated.
Anything less than two weeks is not even a delay. That's table stakes for IRCC. Just wait a bit.

Reactions: Sam2077

nyantaro19

Star Member
Feb 7, 2024
Category........
Other
Wait times/processing times are different for everyone. It depends on your case and documents submitted. Only IRCC can tell since they are the ones that make decisions about your application.

Exclusive9444

Apr 20, 2023
Hi all,

Anyone waiting for a PR card? My wife got her eCOPR on January 9th, but still hasn't received her PR card. She arrived in August of 2023 on a Visitor Visa and we did the virtual landing procedure for her.

I logged into the PR website and it still says "In review with IRCC" under her "Confirmation of permanent residence" section,