+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

sherryl89

Star Member
Dec 4, 2018
I am sponsoring my spouse and kids in Canada. Submitted on the 11th of January, 2024 and AOR received 22nd of January, 2024. How long does it takes for the kids to get their COPR because they are exempted from a lot of screening OR are they gonna have the COPR at the same time as my spouse because they are together in a single application.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I am sponsoring my spouse and kids in Canada. Submitted on the 11th of January, 2024 and AOR received 22nd of January, 2024. How long does it takes for the kids to get their COPR because they are exempted from a lot of screening OR are they gonna have the COPR at the same time as my spouse because they are together in a single application.
They are dependents of your spouse in the app and they cannot get the COPR and land before your spouse.

ABWAQAR

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
Hi folks,
My wife is on a visit visa in Canada and the end of February 2024 would be her 6 months to stay in Canada. She has a 5-year multiple-entry visa. What is the easiest way to retain my wife in Canada? Her additional medical exam (chest X-ray and Spetum test) is yet to be done - so I guess she can not apply for her stay extension because again it requires medical clearance..??..Any advice on what can we do in this situation?

Last edited:

Master5678

Star Member
May 11, 2023
Hi folks,
My wife is on a visit visa in Canada and end of next months it her 6 month complete to stay in Canada. She has 5 years multiple entry visa. What is the easiest way to retain my wife in Canada noting that she is on a visit
Visitor record or owp application

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada
Hi people,

I have a question about signing the forms for those who have already applied. Below is what the guidelines say about the signatures. As we can see, all of them can be digitally signed. What's your experience with that? Have you digitally signed everything? I've seen posts before about people saying that they had to sign some forms by hand.

1) Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking (IMM 1344).
- Digitally sign, along with the principal applicant (PA).​
2) Relationship Information and Sponsorship Evaluation (IMM 5532).
- Digitally sign, along with the principal applicant (PA).​
3) Use of Representative Form (IMM 5476) - If applicable.
- Sign it digitally or by hand and get your immigration representative or designated individual to do so also.​

The following forms are completed online and digitally signed on the application portal.
- Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008).
- Schedule A – Background/Declaration (IMM 5669).
- Additional Family Information (IMM 5406).

Source:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html

akh136

Star Member
Apr 18, 2019
Hello guys
need some important advice.
I wife's spousal application is currently in process and last week I was laid off from my job due to slow business and overall macroeconomic scenario here in Canada.
I haven't yet applied for employment assistance because I am not sure what implocations it will have when we apply for tourist visa post getting the AOR. Can anyone please advise what may be the implications? should I apply for employee assistance or should wait
Hello guys, anyone with any advice pls ?

vijji

Jun 30, 2021
Hi , I have sponsored my husband who is an Outland applicant and application was submitted on aug 1st 2023, they have requested for biometrics in December and after that haven’t heard any update . Anyone with the aug 2023 air

Reactions: Home_13579