+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

FlyHigh!

Apr 21, 2021
Hello Guys,

Can anyone please guide on the following.

Situation:

1- I came to Canada with my wife and a kid 5 years back on PR and am now a citizen
2- Got separated shortly after had family court processings and was finally able to sign a separation agreement issued by the court
3- Later got divorced back home and now looking to re-marry outside Canada (most likely in the US. She is on a student visa over there)
4- She has a kid as well from her previous marriage

Questions:

1- Am I able to sponsor her child without adopting ?
2 - Do I need to complete any procedure for my divorce here in Canada before I re-marry outside Canada? (on my NOA the status is divorced)

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
1- Am I able to sponsor her child without adopting ?
2 - Do I need to complete any procedure for my divorce here in Canada before I re-marry outside Canada? (on my NOA the status is divorced)
1. Yes, or more accurately, you will sponsor her along with her dependent child (as long as the child is still under 22 and not married etc).
2. No. You will need copies (translated/notarized etc) of the divorce decrees/court order, of course.

Ogaeno

Nov 13, 2021
Hi ppl,

I have got a PR confirmation email and I replied with all my information. I am waiting for an another mail with PR portal link. It's been almost 10 days. I have checked PR portal as well, No changes in that portal as well. PR tracker has the copr document number but decision is still IN PROGRESS.

Is this the case now ? Someone in the similar situation ??
i got my PR confirmation in Dec 8, and I replied back the same

ABWAQAR

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
Hello folks - Happy holidays!
My wife's PR application is in progress and she is in Canada on a TRV visit visa. She did her medical in Canada last week and the doctor's finding in her check x-ray is that she has a .5 cm non-specified nodule in her lung which could be a sign of Non-Active TB in the past. Any experience; outcome of such findings or knowledge about such results.

Secondly - how can she stay in Canada for more than 6 months on a visit visa - we just want to prevent her from traveling back home and coming again, saving the cost of a ticket and she is a homemaker now.

hamasi

Star Member
Jun 16, 2018
Hi everyone, a quick question, where should I submit additional documents like the proofs of our relationship, our marriage certificate, police reports, her passports, and all documents that are asked in imm5533e? should I upload them with the form itself in a separate file?

w8ing4visa

Star Member
Nov 15, 2023
My wife's PR application is in progress and she is in Canada on a TRV visit visa. She did her medical in Canada last week and the doctor's finding in her check x-ray is that she has a .5 cm non-specified nodule in her lung which could be a sign of Non-Active TB in the past. Any experience; outcome of such findings or knowledge about such results.

Secondly - how can she stay in Canada for more than 6 months on a visit visa - we just want to prevent her from traveling back home and coming again, saving the cost of a ticket and she is a homemaker now.

I can answer the second part of your query, your wife have 2 options to stay more then 6 months in Canada either to apply for extended visa (visitor record) or OWP

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
They may assign further follow-up with doctor or public health agency to ensure her TB is non-contagious. It won't cause the sponsorship to be refused.

Reactions: ABWAQAR

ABWAQAR

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
I can answer the second part of your query, your wife have 2 options to stay more then 6 months in Canada either to apply for extended visa (visitor record) or OWP
My wife has a five-year multiple visa ending in 2028, so not sure if we can still apply for an extended visa to keep her stay in Canada..? secondly, since she has a medical findings in the form of nudle in lung a non active TB, so may not apply for OWP - since OWP also requires medical test..any thoughts?

akh136

Star Member
Apr 18, 2019
Choose only those screens where the chat is in English. Most importantly, it should show a timeline when your relationship started until this day
Thanks , I did it this way. However entire timeline wasn't available as chat backup wasn't there so I shared from the beginning of this year.

akh136

Star Member
Apr 18, 2019
According to the checklist, the Proof of Contact document can have a maximum of 10 pages, which means that you won't have space for all the chat history (most likely, they don't have time to go through all the chat history even if there was no limit of pages). Therefore, it's up to you to choose what part of the chats you will include.
Thanks . Yes, I picked parts which were mostly in English. Still it was a long long chat. Uploaded as a PDF. Upto them if they want to go through

akh136

Star Member
Apr 18, 2019
Hello guys.
Would be great if anyone is able to advise on TRV post submission of PR file for spouse. Is it mandatory to wait till AOR ?
Are TRVs getting approved with dual intention? Please help

w8ing4visa

Star Member
Nov 15, 2023
My wife has a five-year multiple visa ending in 2028, so not sure if we can still apply for an extended visa to keep her stay in Canada..? secondly, since she has a medical findings in the form of nudle in lung a non active TB, so may not apply for OWP - since OWP also requires medical test..any thoughts?
Multiple visa let you enter Canada multiple times until it expires however you can only stay for a maximum of 6 months or whatever the date on the passport if it stamped at the port of entry, if you wish to stay more than 6 months on a visit visa you can apply for a visitor record at least 30 days before your current period expires!

sidhuripudaman

Star Member
Sep 4, 2019
Hello everyone,
I applied DEC 3 got AOR DEC 22, I managed to create PR tracker account today however I see in there that my background check is in progress and biometrics in progress but I have not yet received a BIL. Is that normal? It does not show up in the vertical timeline thing but in the boxes just above it. Eligibility it says not started.

Tarikla

Star Member
Nov 20, 2023
Hello everyone,
I applied DEC 3 got AOR DEC 22, I managed to create PR tracker account today however I see in there that my background check is in progress and biometrics in progress but I have not yet received a BIL. Is that normal? It does not show up in the vertical timeline thing but in the boxes just above it. Eligibility it says not started.
Try to link it in your GCKey account to see if you have the BIL there. Otherwise just wait a day or two and you should get it in your email.

Reactions: sidhuripudaman