+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I got copr in my pr traker on nov 15 but I didn’t get the ppr yet . Is there anyone has the same issue ?
"Getting" COPR in the tracker just means they've assigned a document number. On its own, it's meaningless. Normal part of the file moving forward but does not tell you anything about timing.

Reactions: Aloysin

Go123

Star Member
Sep 14, 2021
I'm wondering the same (not specifically about financial support, but in general). My thought is that it would make sense to have the letter of explanation at the end of each document that needs explanation, instead of having it in a separate document.

Along the same lines, would it be better to combine documents that aim to fulfill a specific requirement of the checklist or leave them all separate? For instance, combining the proof of joint bank accounts with proof of joint utility bills (e.g. telephone, electricity, etc) to show that we are living at the same address.

Maybe I'm overthinking it, but what makes me wonder if IRCC prefers separate documents is one of the requirements in the checklist about photos that says the following: "Please upload a separate document providing a brief explanation of the context of each photo". I'd think that it would be easier for them to get a PDF with photos and the explanation under each of them instead of a separate document. But, apparently, they do want another file just with the explanation.

Sorry if these are dumb questions, but any insight would be appreciated.
Thanks for the reply.

I’m going to combine and upload the description and required documents together. This way, they can see the information relevant to the document.

Have you applied already?

Cptzvavi

Apr 28, 2018
Hello guys, just a quick question please about NOA T4. I started working for my current employer August 2022 so my notice of assessment only shows my income from August until December 2022. Which is about 24K will that affect me as a sponsor? Knowing that in the letter of employment says i’ve been employed since August till now and it says the yearly salary is over 50k.

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada
Thanks for the reply.

I’m going to combine and upload the description and required documents together. This way, they can see the information relevant to the document.

Have you applied already?
I'm currently preparing the application and plan to apply in the middle of January. Are you going to apply this month? Please let us know when you get the AOR.

Reactions: Go123

Go123

Star Member
Sep 14, 2021
I'm currently preparing the application and plan to apply in the middle of January. Are you going to apply this month? Please let us know when you get the AOR.
Yes, I am going to submit it in next week. I’m almost done preparing the application.

I’ll keep the application status up to date on this forum.

Regarding source of income, I’m self employed and I have NOA for the last year. Is this one document should be enough or submit bank statements too?

Thanks

Reactions: Funbox

rammy

Nov 7, 2011
Hi all, I'm in the early stages of the process and I know it's a long journey ahead, but I'm wondering how long it typically takes to receive an AOR?

I applied a month ago (Oct 24, 2023) and haven't received an acknowledgment yet. Does it usually take this long just to get confirmation of receiving the application?

Master5678

Star Member
May 11, 2023
Hi all, I'm in the early stages of the process and I know it's a long journey ahead, but I'm wondering how long it typically takes to receive an AOR?

I applied a month ago (Oct 24, 2023) and haven't received an acknowledgment yet. Does it usually take this long just to get confirmation of receiving the application?
Inland takes around 30 days ish. I applied 27 Oct and got AOR yesterday

Reactions: rammy

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada
Yes, I am going to submit it in next week. I’m almost done preparing the application.

I’ll keep the application status up to date on this forum.

Regarding source of income, I’m self employed and I have NOA for the last year. Is this one document should be enough or submit bank statements too?

Thanks
Based on the checklist, you need the following documents:
- Letter of Employment from your employer, or supporting financial documents if you are self-employed (not sure what these are, but bank statements should probably do it).
- Notice of Assessment or Proof of Income Statement (option C).

It means that you need the Notice of Assessment (NOT) which you have + any other financial document (your bank statements) because you are self-employed. Not sure if there are any other documents you have as a self-employed.

Reactions: Go123

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada
Inland takes around 30 days ish. I applied 27 Oct and got AOR yesterday
Good to know there are cases that get the AOR in 30 days. I might be wrong, but based on what I've been reading on this thread from other people, it looks like the average is about 2 months (obviously, it can take more or less time than this, which is your case).

Reactions: Home_13579

Master5678

Star Member
May 11, 2023
Good to know there are cases that get the AOR in 30 days. I might be wrong, but based on what I've been reading on this thread from other people, it looks like the average is about 2 months (obviously, it can take more or less time than this, which is your case).
inland seems to be really fast now. Check out the October Inland thread and the October Whatsapp chat, im in, everyone is getting it within 30 days.

Reactions: Funbox

uncommonfriend

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-02-2017
Med's Done....
31-03-2017
Hi everyone - i am in the process of starting an inland sponsorship application for my spouse who is on TRV right now and we are waiting for our marriage certificate.
Hoping to get answers to a few questions:
1) Is there anything we should do right now while we wait for our marriage certificate? Has anyone tried to get an expedited marriage certificate in Ontario? Is there any way we can get it sooner than 2 months? I submitted an urgency letter to the Registrar general office but haven't heard back after 4 weeks.
2) Do we need to submit the PCC from our home country (India) right away with the PR application or can we upload it afterwards? The processing time for it is 8 weeks unfortunately. I was hoping we can get that process started but it requires address proof and we don't have any for my spouse ATM.
3) How long does the application for Open Work Permit take to get approved once we submit it?

Master5678

Star Member
May 11, 2023
Hi everyone - i am in the process of starting an inland sponsorship application for my spouse who is on TRV right now and we are waiting for our marriage certificate.
Hoping to get answers to a few questions:
1) Is there anything we should do right now while we wait for our marriage certificate? Has anyone tried to get an expedited marriage certificate in Ontario? Is there any way we can get it sooner than 2 months? I submitted an urgency letter to the Registrar general office but haven't heard back after 4 weeks.
2) Do we need to submit the PCC from our home country (India) right away with the PR application or can we upload it afterwards? The processing time for it is 8 weeks unfortunately. I was hoping we can get that process started but it requires address proof and we don't have any for my spouse ATM.
3) How long does the application for Open Work Permit take to get approved once we submit it?
1. Assuming you are from India as well, did you get married in India as well? Or just Ontario? If you got married in India as well, you can use your Indian marriage registration. Thats what we did
2. Yes, application will be returned if you dont include PCC upfront. You have to use her passport address for home police station. What we did, was get a family member to go directly to the Police station and speak with the SI who handles these requests and explain your situation and urgency.
Depending on he cop, should speed it up. This will speed up the process by a few weeks.
3. 4-5 months

Last edited: