+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

iammoe

Star Member
Mar 17, 2021
Hey guys,
1.Do you recommend applying for Outland sponsorship and then apply for trv?
Or
applying trv and bring her to Canada and then apply for inland sponsorship?

also if applying for trv do I need to show bank statements? For inland or Outland?

and what’s the average time people these days get the Outland PR processed?

Sonikell

Apr 24, 2023
Hello guys I hope someone can help me with this. I am in the process of gathering all the documents and proofs together to sponsor my wife. I just came across her birth certificate issued in Pakistan like 11-12 years ago, problem is her family kept it folded, so it has eroded some of the numbers. Because the birth certificate is in Urdu and English, her mother's ID Identity number is mentioned in two places. In Urdu language field, 1 number is unreadable and in English language place another different number is eroded but you can cross check to confirm her mother's ID number is the same. I am not sure if based on this alone we need a new copy.
Another issue I noticed is her name was spelt wrong in her birth certificate compared to all the others documents(passport, id card, marriage certificate). In the birth certificate there is a Y where should have been i. The pronunciation would be the same. Her parents were divorced, so her uncle was the applicant, so she does not know how this spelling mistake happened.

So my question is given these two issues, is it better to submit this birth certificate with a letter of explanation or get a new copy with the spelling error fixed that will also fix the first issue?
Please reply, the only reason I am hesitant for new birth certificate is because I don't want the immigration to scrutinize why I submitted a RECENTLY issued birth certificate and not from years ago?
If it does not matter to them when the birth certificate is issued, then I would rather submit new. Please give me your opinion.
doesn’t matter wether the certificate is new or old. My birth certificate from the 80’s was handwritten in Arabic and English. I just went and got a new one issued that was typed out(On a pc) And submitted the new (English)one. I Dont think ircc accepts handwritten ones anymore but maybe someone else has more knowledge about that, so best to get a new one made.

Reactions: Home_13579

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
doesn’t matter wether the certificate is new or old. My birth certificate from the 80’s was handwritten in Arabic and English. I just went and got a new one issued that was typed out(On a pc) And submitted the new (English)one. I Dont think ircc accepts handwritten ones anymore but maybe someone else has more knowledge about that, so best to get a new one made.
They do. It's a document after all and regardless how it's made or when.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
They do. It's a document after all and regardless how it's made or when.
I agree, but would underline - it is absolutely normal to submit a new birth certificate, and in many respects that's what IRCC would expect.

Note that in most places a 'new' birth certificate is actually an extract from the civil birth registry, and it's considered to be an original (even if marked duplicate or some such). The key thing being that it should be clear that this new/duplicate or extract is issued by the relevant civil authority.

[Yes, there are probably exceptions, like some places that still have birth certificates issued at parish churches or something - but despite naming conventions differing the basics are remarkably similar in much of the world.]

Reactions: ERCAN

bubusik

Star Member
Jan 10, 2019
Guys, I need your help in understanding at which stage our Outland Sponsorship application is.

We received the pre-arrival letter yesterday. Background chek is showing as in progress in the tracker and Not applicable in GC key since June.
Eligibility changed to Completed shortly after Pre-arrival letter.

File submitted 03/29/2023, VO Warsaw

Does this mean that the background check is also completed and we can expect the passport request any time soon? Do they check the background before or after the eligibility? Any thoughts?

Reactions: Home_13579

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
Guys, I need your help in understanding at which stage our Outland Sponsorship application is.

We received the pre-arrival letter yesterday. Background chek is showing as in progress in the tracker and Not applicable in GC key since June.

Does this mean that the background check is also completed and we can expect the passport request any time soon? Do they check the background before or after the eligibility? Any thoughts?
I do not think you have much to understand here. All you can fairly conclude is that your application is progressing. From my own experience, and much reading here of the experience of others, pre-arrival often comes early but also sometimes comes late in the process. Similarly, there is no set order to processing background and eligibility check. Either can commence and/or be completed before the other.

Differences between what GCKey and tracker tell you are also commonplace, if not the norm.

All you can conclude is that PPR is getting closer. How close is not really something that can be predicted with any accuracy.

bubusik

Star Member
Jan 10, 2019
I do not think you have much to understand here. All you can fairly conclude is that your application is progressing. From my own experience, and much reading here of the experience of others, pre-arrival often comes early but also sometimes comes late in the process. Similarly, there is no set order to processing background and eligibility check. Either can commence and/or be completed before the other.

Differences between what GCKey and tracker tell you are also commonplace, if not the norm.

All you can conclude is that PPR is getting closer. How close is not really something that can be predicted with any accuracy.
Thanks for the reply and congratulations with your recent PPR!

Yeah, I know that it is all unpredictable. Hoping for the best :)

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
Thanks for the reply and congratulations with your recent PPR!

Yeah, I know that it is all unpredictable. Hoping for the best :)
Thanks for the congratulations. Hoping for best for you too. I fretted some over my wife's application more than once along the road, had some good support from some good members here and the support of being able to read a lot about the experience of others. I am confident you will come out okay. At the same time, I recognize that me or anyone else saying that is not as good as getting good news from the IRCC.

Ajeshola

Jul 17, 2023
Hi guys, I applied for TRV while my PR application is in progress. The TRV application now showing on the tracker, will a ghost update from the TRV tracker also reflect on the PR tracker? I got a ghost update on the PR tracker and I don't know if it's because of the TRV. If anyone knows please

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
Hi guys, I applied for TRV while my PR application is in progress. The TRV application now showing on the tracker, will a ghost update from the TRV tracker also reflect on the PR tracker? I got a ghost update on the PR tracker and I don't know if it's because of the TRV. If anyone knows please
I think you overestimate the importance of updates. It may or may not affect both applications. No way to know

Esselte

Star Member
Sep 14, 2023

Nice. Congratulations!
May I ask if PA resides in Poland or any other country?

Maria0000

Star Member
Mar 15, 2023
Application Submitted: August 10th, 2023
Inland
Sponsor: Canadian PR
AOR: September 26th
Additional Document Request: September 25th - PCC (eventhough we submit it at the beginning)
MEDICAL: Completed Sept 30th
BIOMETRICS request: October 12th (previously done Nov 2016). Second request submitted, Oct 23rd
PREARRIVAL SERVICES: Oct 24th
BIOMETRICS: Completed Oct 24th
ELIGIBILITY: Completed Oct 24th
BACKGROUND CHECK: in progress
Update...

PA ELIGIBILITY LETTER:October 31st
SP ELIGIBILITY LETTER: October 31st

hamasi

Star Member
Jun 16, 2018
Hi peeps, I Hope you are all okay. My partner and I had our engagement ceremony on Sep 23rd, and we received our marriage certificate a few days ago.. there is an issue with it, the country of birth of my partner is different than it actually is, I called Service Ontario, and I have been told that it's gonna take a while, at least 5 weeks, to get the correct certificate. anyway, I wonder if should I start the sponsorship process or if I should wait for the certificate. and how I should start, what forms I should fill and will it be online or by mail?