Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020
Hi, I have applied for visiting visa for my wife by the new family reunification policy after receiving my Aor and eligibility check. And it got rejected. Reason was weak family ties and financial situation.
If I re apply for the tourist visa what documents do I need to give or how my SOE should be. Can anyone help me with that. Please and thank you
After how many days ,you got the refusal ?

What all documents did you submit for home ties of your spouse ?

JamesRodriguez

Mar 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020
15 days got the final decision.
submitted the copy of medical, biometrics, proof of funds and SOE.
Did you submit her employment documents as well ?

Which country ?

JamesRodriguez

Mar 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020
Hi, I have applied for visiting visa for my wife by the new family reunification policy after receiving my Aor and eligibility check. And it got rejected. Reason was weak family ties and financial situation.
If I re apply for the tourist visa what documents do I need to give or how my SOE should be. Can anyone help me with that. Please and thank you
I have applied on September 29 ,no update after biometrics i.e. on October 4 .PA in India

I have submitted : Letter of explanation : Invite , purpose, duration ,sponsor ties to Canada, PA ties to home country ,Travel itinerary , ,a para on PAs assurance of return & responsible travel back to home country,Dual intent( Applied for spousal sponsorship but no AOR yet),para on what if PR is denied ,she will continue working back in home country .

Employment : her offer letter,payslips, previous letters of employment ,and LOE to prove she has extensive employment history in home country ,wont ruin her career prospects by overstaying and jeopardizing PR application

Proof funds: Notarised promise of financial support , My employment letters, stubs ,NOA 2022 ,bank statement, her bank statement .

Lets see how it goes. If AI is processing the files ,I believe the above Letters of explanations are useless.

Last edited:

JamesRodriguez

Mar 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020
she wasn’t working at this time and submitted from India
When did you apply : september 30 ?

Did anything change in portal or tracker : eligibility or background check before getting the decision

siddhesh398

Apr 23, 2013
Hi Friends

I am Canadian and finally found a women who is intrested to live with me in this super cold country.

We had applied for her visitor visa which was rejected by CIC, so she could visit Canada, to decide weather to stay here.

My friend had difficulty to bring his wife in Canada two years before.
I would like to know what are the current timelines/experiences to bring a spouse in Canada

I am not working since one year since I lost my job because of ongoing recessionary enviroment, but I am not dependent of EI.

I had few questions .

1. What are the timelines for spousal sponsorship, can I apply without having any income at present.

2. Can she apply for spousal work permit after submitting sponsorship application, she wants to work at the earliest.

3. Can we apply for visitor visa again after marriage.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
Hi Friends

I am Canadian and finally found a women who is intrested to live with me in this super cold country.

We had applied for her visitor visa which was rejected by CIC, so she could visit Canada, to decide weather to stay here.

My friend had difficulty to bring his wife in Canada two years before.
I would like to know what are the current timelines/experiences to bring a spouse in Canada

I am not working since one year since I lost my job because of ongoing recessionary enviroment, but I am not dependent of EI.

I had few questions .

1. What are the timelines for spousal sponsorship, can I apply without having any income at present.

2. Can she apply for spousal work permit after submitting sponsorship application, she wants to work at the earliest.

3. Can we apply for visitor visa again after marriage.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.
My answers would be as follows:

1. The timelines keep changing and can be found on the IRCC website under "Check Processing Times". Last time I looked, outland spousal applications were said to be 13 months. But there are wide variations, some due to country or origin/residence of the principal applicant. You can be a pauper and still sponsor.

2. No she has to wait for PR to be granted. She cannot apply for a work permit as part and parcel of, or as an adjunct to, a sponsorship/PR application.

3. You can apply for TRV at any time. We applied twice before marriage and once after marriage, the latter being filed about about 5 months after my wife's PR application was submitted. All denied. Like you, we wanted her to visit so she could get some idea of Canada and whether she would want to live here. Your use of the word "weather" was apropos, but probably not intended.

Read here on the forum about the "Sean Fraser" announcement this past spring said to be the harbinger of generous acceptance of TRV applications for those with outland PR applications having been submitted. From what I have read here, results are mixed. I think little has changed. Those who would have been denied pre-announcement are still being denied.

So, I think that for most of us, it is necessary to get married and apply to sponsor your spouse in order for her to visit, to check things out. My wife will probably arrive here in December, essentially mid-winter. I'll go along with what she likes. If she wants to return to live in her country, fine by me. I lived there for a few years in the past and feel comfortable there and speak the language. I work online, so where I live is of no moment. I'll just pay a lot less tax living elsewhere.

siddhesh398

Apr 23, 2013
My answers would be as follows:

1. The timelines keep changing and can be found on the IRCC website under "Check Processing Times". Last time I looked, outland spousal applications were said to be 13 months. But there are wide variations, some due to country or origin/residence of the principal applicant. You can be a pauper and still sponsor.

2. No she has to wait for PR to be granted. She cannot apply for a work permit as part and parcel of, or as an adjunct to, a sponsorship/PR application.

3. You can apply for TRV at any time. We applied twice before marriage and once after marriage, the latter being filed about about 5 months after my wife's PR application was submitted. All denied. Like you, we wanted her to visit so she could get some idea of Canada and whether she would want to live here. Your use of the word "weather" was apropos, but probably not intended.

Read here on the forum about the "Sean Fraser" announcement this past spring said to be the harbinger of generous acceptance of TRV applications for those with outland PR applications having been submitted. From what I have read here, results are mixed. I think little has changed. Those who would have been denied pre-announcement are still being denied.

So, I think that for most of us, it is necessary to get married and apply to sponsor your spouse in order for her to visit, to check things out. My wife will probably arrive here in December, essentially mid-winter. I'll go along with what she likes. If she wants to return to live in her country, fine by me. I lived there for a few years in the past and feel comfortable there and speak the language. I work online, so where I live is of no moment. I'll just pay a lot less tax living elsewhere.

sagarsa

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2014
AOR Received.
26-11-2014
IELTS Request
Second line update : 17th Jan 2015
File Transfer...
Started Processing : 14th Jan 2015
Med's Request
20th Jan 2015
Med's Done....
Feb Starting...
Passport Req..
13th March 2015
VISA ISSUED...
26th March 2015
Do we need to wait for AOR after submitting spousal PR application? or is it okay to submit for TRV right after submitting outland spousal PR application? Just want to give it a try if it helps to reduce the processing time and get spouse to visit canada sooner.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Do we need to wait for AOR after submitting spousal PR application? or is it okay to submit for TRV right after submitting outland spousal PR application? Just want to give it a try if it helps to reduce the processing time and get spouse to visit canada sooner.
I would recommend waiting for AOR. You can only benefit from the shorter processing times if you wait for AOR. Ultimately your choice of course.

Reactions: sagarsa

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
Thanks for the eloquent response, gave me a fair idea of the daunting tasks ahead.
You are welcome.

Yes, it can be daunting, and the degree to which that is so varies. Some have an easier time of it. My wife and I hard a difficult start. We were married in April/22, but could not be ready to submit her PR application until November. First, we had to wait for the "Official Philippines Statistics Authority" marriage certificate, the IRCC requires. That took a few months. In June (in hindsight, we should have got onto it much sooner), we started looking into getting her United Arab Emirates police certificate. That was a challenge. We succeeded in that mission only by making an 11-hour flight to Dubai in November/22 to get it. After we submitted, getting her Hong Kong police certificate was a bit difficult, but a cakewalk compared to getting the UAE pcc. So, some would not encounter those difficulties, but some would also face their own, perhaps more burdensome, obstacles.

When we applied, it was still somewhat early in the post-covid era. Covid travel retractions kept my wife and I apart for 2 years. The IRCC posted processing time in mid-2022 was about 22 months. It stood at about 18 months when we submitted our online application in November. Most recently, it has been at 13 months. My wife's application was completed in just about 10 months plus 2 weeks. I was representative for her sister and husband who married in the Phils at same time as us. I filed their application almost 3 weeks after ours. It was completed sooner - in 9 months plus 1 day. Well under the posted time.

I wish you well for an application that proceeds smoothly and quickly.

Let me add that I think @scylla is right about waiting for AOR. I think your TRV application will then be taken more seriously. The small sampling of applications I have been able to observe on this forum (without attempting any methodical, statistical analysis), seems to be showing a higher success rate for post AOR applications. But then, I have not really paid close attention. We made our third TRV application in late March 2022 - well after AOR, medical completed, PCCs submitted, etc. - and were foolishly optimistic. We were denied with breathtaking alacrity, just a few days. Of course, that was in the dark days pre Sean Fraser announcement in May. We were too scared to submit yet a further TRV in the wake of his encouraging words which, experience seems to be showing, have not ushered in some new, enlightened regime as many (me included) expected.