+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

rakeshinfy2014

Mar 4, 2022
Hello all,Just a quick question if PCC expires while the sponsor application is being processed..do they ask for pcc again??what is the trend here?

mjaffer53

Star Member
Feb 18, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 2014
Med's Request
Jan 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 2015
Passport Req..
March 2015
VISA ISSUED...
April 2015
LANDED..........
April 2015
There was a case here just a few days ago of someone who'd had great difficulty getting the necessary docs for a Canadian to marry in Kenya - had taken months and it wasn't successful. I can't comment on that but have periodically heard that it is one of the more difficult places - they don't like the (minimal) documentation for 'proof of not being married' that Canada can provide.

So: my suggestion would be to either have back-up plan of wedding in Canada afterwards, or somewhere else before (why not Hungary, I believe straightforward documentation-wise). If you do it before, you can either have a post-wedding party or a religious ceremony with no civil aspect (if allowed) or a 'blessing' ceremony (in some religions anyway this is not controversial).

Otherwise no particular issues with your plans. Warning that the work permit can take some time and may even come same time or after the PR status.
Thank you for the heads up - I will do my due dilligence and try and get as much backup documentation as proof of not being married.

Quick question - When applying for both in-land sponsorship & open work permit at the same time - is it true that the spouse can start working as soon as the application is submitted for open work permit and is in process?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for the heads up - I will do my due dilligence and try and get as much backup documentation as proof of not being married.

Quick question - When applying for both in-land sponsorship & open work permit at the same time - is it true that the spouse can start working as soon as the application is submitted for open work permit and is in process?
You can't apply for both at once. You have to submit the inland sponsorship first and then wait for AOR before submitting the open work permit. No, the spouse cannot start working as soon as the OWP application is approved. They must wait for it to be approved first.

Reactions: armoured and ERCAN

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
Hello all,Just a quick question if PCC expires while the sponsor application is being processed..do they ask for pcc again??what is the trend here?
It's entirely up to IRCC. They are known to sometimes ask for new pcc, sometimes not. And this is regardless of the expiry date. Keep in mind that in reality PCC just attests your criminal record at the time of issuance. Expiry date is meaningless.

Chaitu.sai

Aug 24, 2023
H
If you got AOR, at least it means you won't have it sent back to you.

IRCC might send you an additional request for information (i.e. send you the form). To avoid that, I'd revise the 5669 and send it by webform, with a short note that this was the only change. But this won't be a bid difference, might save a bit of time, might not.
Hi Gauti,
if you don’t mind, when did you apply and how many days did they take to send you AOR? Just wanted to know the timeline as I am still waiting for my AOR. Thank You.

Ajeshola

Jul 17, 2023
Hi guys, I have a situation. My VO wasn't mentioned in my SA initially and I was told it was being processed in Mississauga when I called IRCC but I received a letter yesterday that my file has been transferred to Vienna, Austria where it will be processed. PA is Nigerian and lives in Germany. Is this normal?

Is there a WhatsApp group for Vienna VO, please? Thank you

deepKB

Aug 28, 2023
Oct 2022 submission - NDVO
Pre arrival - July 3
Background completed - July 13
had ADR request for PCC on July 18 - Submitted on 21st
ghost updates in tracker on July 24, Aug 1, Aug 10, Aug 23, Aug 24

When should we expect PPR

shanthansai

Dec 7, 2022
Hi ,
Any response in this will be appreciated .
So I’m planning to sponsor my Spouse. I’m currently staying in India . Will be returning to Canada in next couple of months . My question is can I apply PR for my spouse while I’m here in India ?
Thanks in advance

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi ,
Any response in this will be appreciated .
So I’m planning to sponsor my Spouse. I’m currently staying in India . Will be returning to Canada in next couple of months . My question is can I apply PR for my spouse while I’m here in India ?
Thanks in advance
Saw your recent post related to landing..etc. So I assumed that you are a PR not a citizen yet.
You need to be living in Canada to sponsor your spouse, so apply after you returned to Canada.
Also you posted the same question in June 2022 and June 2023 sponsorship discussions which is NOT related to your post.

Reactions: Home_13579

123ammy

Aug 21, 2023
Hello everyone, i applied my (inland) spousal application online on july 6, didn’t got any response yet of august 28. Any suggestions? If any one can share what kind of confirmation number we get once we submit application.

Go123

Star Member
Sep 14, 2021
Hi everyone,

My spouse’s place of birth is different in birth certificate and passport. Is it going to be a problem?

Please let me know as I need to submit the PR spousal application soon.

Thanks

Fhn2023

Star Member
Jan 8, 2023
Saudi Arabia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
29-12-2022
Doc's Request.
01-03-2023
AOR Received.
02-03-2023
File Transfer...
06-03-2023
Med's Request
06-06-2023
Med's Done....
15-06-2023
Passport Req..
08-09-2023
VISA ISSUED...
14-09-2023
Hi everyone,

My spouse’s place of birth is different in birth certificate and passport. Is it going to be a problem?

Please let me know as I need to submit the PR spousal application soon.

Thanks
Yes it will be a problem because she has two different birth places. How come there is two different birth places ? She will need new passport that match birth certificate information

Go123

Star Member
Sep 14, 2021
Yes, it will be a problem because she has two different birth places. How come there is two different birth places ? She will need new passport that match birth certificate information
Thanks for the reply.

it’s because she updated the national ID after marriage and the ID was the primary document for Passport application including the residential address hence it was printed exactly as per details in ID.

So now she has to apply for a new passport right?

Thanks

Fhn2023

Star Member
Jan 8, 2023
Saudi Arabia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
29-12-2022
Doc's Request.
01-03-2023
AOR Received.
02-03-2023
File Transfer...
06-03-2023
Med's Request
06-06-2023
Med's Done....
15-06-2023
Passport Req..
08-09-2023
VISA ISSUED...
14-09-2023
Thanks for the reply.

it’s because she updated the national ID after marriage and the ID was the primary document for Passport application including the residential address hence it was printed exactly as per details in ID.

So now she has to apply for a new passport right?

Thanks
Right, all documents should match specially date and place of birth.

Good luck

Reactions: Go123