+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Go123

Star Member
Sep 14, 2021
Hi, do I need to submit my spouse’s educational certificates for the outland PR Spousal Sponsorship application?

Thanks

Last edited:

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
Thank You for the reply Ercan. With the new family reunification public policy, do I still have to show strong ties showing I will go back? Because, as per that new policy, after applying for Outland PR for spouse, they can apply for open work permit when both live in same address. So TRV becomes dual intent. Do you think IRCC is still looking for strong ties for approving TRV?
For the new policy to take effect your pr application has to exist in their system. When this happens you get AOR. Before that your application can be returned to you as being incomplete.

You asked if you can apply without AOR. Yes you can, but you can't expect to be processed under new policy.

But if you have weak ties I doubt that AOR alone will help you much. But it's your take. We still have not much statistics for this new policy to understand what works the best.

EA0924

Aug 3, 2023
I will apply for an extension of my Temporary VIsit Visa since im closing in to 5 months my stay here. I noticed that they require medical exam. Can i use same medical exam for my PR application once they requested it?

Submitted my Inland Application last July 21, 2023

Chaitu.sai

Aug 24, 2023
For the new policy to take effect your pr application has to exist in their system. When this happens you get AOR. Before that your application can be returned to you as being incomplete.

You asked if you can apply without AOR. Yes you can, but you can't expect to be processed under new policy.

But if you have weak ties I doubt that AOR alone will help you much. But it's your take. We still have not much statistics for this new policy to understand what works the best.
Got it. Thank You Ercan.

GL2019

Star Member
Jun 13, 2022
Hey guys, my wife's medical expiry date was automatically updated to August 2024 (originally expired on July 2023). Did anyone experience this before as I have heard that they usually ask for another medical once the original one expires

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hey guys, my wife's medical expiry date was automatically updated to August 2024 (originally expired on July 2023). Did anyone experience this before as I have heard that they usually ask for another medical once the original one expires
They sometimes request and get an extension from the IRCC medical officers when they plan to issue the passport request soon. I can't guarantee that's what's going on but it's not unheard of. They would likely do this after the background checks and security checks etc are clean and basically complete and just before submitting to a more senior person for the final sign-off.

(Why do this instead of re-medical? Could be any number of reasons from bureaucratic standpoint - periodic targets, they need to clean off somebody's desk, some obscure administrative internal reason, to resource things like if they request a medical it would mean having to re-do some of the other parts like security clearances at great $$$ and delay. All of this, it goes without saying, predicated on the likely low risk to public safety - the key thing for medical clearance on spousal files.)

Last edited:
Reactions: YVR123 and GL2019

Gauti_2023

Mar 10, 2023
Hey Guys,submitted my spousal sponsorship and received AOR.However I just realized that in form 5669 Military and Paramilitary details, I forgot to write "None",i just kept it blank.Is it something to be concerned about??

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hey Guys,submitted my spousal sponsorship and received AOR.However I just realized that in form 5669 Military and Paramilitary details, I forgot to write "None",i just kept it blank.Is it something to be concerned about??
If you got AOR, at least it means you won't have it sent back to you.

IRCC might send you an additional request for information (i.e. send you the form). To avoid that, I'd revise the 5669 and send it by webform, with a short note that this was the only change. But this won't be a bid difference, might save a bit of time, might not.

Gauti_2023

Mar 10, 2023
If you got AOR, at least it means you won't have it sent back to you.

IRCC might send you an additional request for information (i.e. send you the form). To avoid that, I'd revise the 5669 and send it by webform, with a short note that this was the only change. But this won't be a bid difference, might save a bit of time, might not.
Thanks for your reply.You said this wont be a big difference means I may still get Additional request even after sending revised form...??

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
This was a few years ago. My husband's medical was extended (IRCC actually called and wanted to confirmed if he did any travel in the previous year) and we got landing appointment in a couple of months.

Reactions: GL2019 and armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks for your reply.You said this wont be a big difference means I may still get Additional request even after sending revised form...??
You probably wouldn't get the additional request if you send the revised form (although still possible - things happen). But the additional request itself isn't that big a deal either, was my point. Mabye sending the form in advance would save 2-4 weeks, maybe not.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
This was a few years ago. My husband's medical was extended (IRCC actually called and wanted to confirmed if he did any travel in the previous year) and we got landing appointment in a couple of months.
Good point, I was thinking outland apps, but if the PA is in Canada, extending the meds is even more of a no-brainer (from risk to public perspective).

rakeshinfy2014

Mar 4, 2022
Hello all,Just a quick question if PCC expires while the sponsor application is being processed..do they ask for pcc again??what is the trend here?