+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Mosay

Jun 9, 2022
Hello everyone,

My status has been updated yesterday as Eligibility In progress.
Normally how long does it take for the Eligibility to be completed?
And for final decision?

Details:
PA+1 dependent-India
VO- NDVO
Application Submitted-31 Mar 2023
AOR- 6 June 2023
SA- 9 June 2023
Biometrics 14 June 2023
Medical updated from last year 20 June 2023
(expired, no new request)
Eligibility in Progress : 17 Aug 2023

ABWAQAR

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
Hello everyone, a few questions, and thank you for your replies in advance.
My is awaiting her PR decision but has received TRV, should we book a return ticket? if yes then, is there any maximum timeframe for a return journey in months?
Secondly, during a spouse's visit to Canada, if my spouse receives PR approval, then does she has to travel to her home country and re-enter?
Lastly, has anyone conducted their PR medical in Canada? and how much does it cost?

Deividas

Star Member
Apr 3, 2023
Hello everyone, a few questions, and thank you for your replies in advance.
My is awaiting her PR decision but has received TRV, should we book a return ticket? if yes then, is there any maximum timeframe for a return journey in months?
Secondly, during a spouse's visit to Canada, if my spouse receives PR approval, then does she has to travel to her home country and re-enter?
Lastly, has anyone conducted their PR medical in Canada? and how much does it cost?
Medical costs around 250-275 CAD in total, in some locations they charge more for X-rays.
You don't need to re-enter to get PR status Active. The moment you got your PR physical card, there is nothing to do, other than enjoy paying high taxes.
Everything else use google.

Reactions: ABWAQAR
Aug 18, 2023
2022 spousal pr outland
25 September 2022 applied
2 Dec 2022 Aor
No update after that from IRCC
March 01 spouse arrived in canada through visitor visa.
Social assistance check was initiated from IRCC and we found through GCMS NOTES on July 11 2023,
SA is still pending .
As of yesterday IRCC Call centre still said Sponsor Eligibility is still pending,
Today MP update is received
  1. sponsor eligibility has not passed (what does this mean?)
  2. JULY27 information was passed to IRCC no update on it.
Spousal open work permit applied on March 2023
No update on that yet.

hoangnguyen864

Star Member
Apr 21, 2023
Hello,
We are currently processing your application for permanent residency. You now qualify
to receive pre-arrival services to help you prepare for your new life in Canada. These
services are only available to you before you enter Canada.
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) funds settlement service provider
organizations to deliver pre-arrival services at no cost to you. We strongly recommend
that you use pre-arrival services. They can help you to:
• Prepare for your move to Canada and learn about living and working in Canada;
• Get your education, work experience, and professional licenses and certificates
recognized in Canada;
• Connect with employers; and
• Connect with organizations that offer free settlement services, including
language training, after you arrive in Canada.

I received this email on June 6, 2022. I have not received anything yet?

Rajjjoo

Mar 5, 2021
In my gc key background and eligibility in progress but final decision-Latest update:
Final decision - August 18, 2023:Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
What this mean

hoangnguyen864

Star Member
Apr 21, 2023
In my gc key background and eligibility in progress but final decision-Latest update:
Final decision - August 18, 2023:Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
What this mean
Where do you see the decision date?

warda munawwar

Aug 2, 2023
Hello, I'm an outland applicant and my husband is the sponsor. I am stuck on a residential address issue. I live in the Province of Punjab and the city is Lahore, and Punjab is not a district, but in the profile section, I leave the 'District' field blank. The form is named 'IMM 5669' Section H, and the label is 'Province, State, District'. I'm confused here, should I write Punjab in the district's field or leave it blank in the profile? Does IRCC consider 'District' as Province and State same?
(Note: my CNIC doesn't have Punjab province written)
Otherwise, in other web forms and PDF forms, the label is 'District'.