+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

kadjajsd

Star Member
May 3, 2020
Spouse got email after tracker updated to 'We sent you a message about your application'.

It basically says IRCC has received application for PR family class and to link application online.
It also provides their UCI.

Is this whats called the AOR?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
It basically says IRCC has received application for PR family class and to link application online.
It also provides their UCI.

Is this whats called the AOR?
Aor stands for acknowledgement of receipt - so an email saying they received it is pretty much on the nose.

KaZRa

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Question about sponsor being on Social Asst.

If they are on SA as a disabled person, never worked, deemed disabled by the Fed gov since they were a child, qualify for disability tax credits etc (if they worked), then can they not be a sponsor?

Section 133(1)(k) of the Regulations explicitly provides that a person can still sponsor a foreign family member to immigrate to Canada if the sponsor receives the social assistance because of a disability.

Also, isn't there an option on the application that if she was denied, the applicant being sponsored could proceed on their own for PR?

I'm really confused by this bc the sponsor spoke to someone twice at IRCC and they told her it would not matter, that her app would be denied. I am unsure how much she stressed the disabled part, though.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
If they are on SA as a disabled person, never worked, deemed disabled by the Fed gov since they were a child, qualify for disability tax credits etc (if they worked), then can they not be a sponsor?

Section 133(1)(k) of the Regulations explicitly provides that a person can still sponsor a foreign family member to immigrate to Canada if the sponsor receives the social assistance because of a disability.
If the regulations say that, that's the answer.

I'm really confused by this bc the sponsor spoke to someone twice at IRCC and they told her it would not matter, that her app would be denied. I am unsure how much she stressed the disabled part, though.
If the sponsor did not mention the relevant and decisive information, you can expect that the answers will be incorrect.

[Overall the phone centre answers are not the highest reliability - made worse by the fact that this sort of thing happens a lot, where people asking questions leave out critical data.]

KaZRa

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Here's our confusion:
She spoke to 3 people at IRCC, the first two said under no circumstances will your app be accepted, it will be denied for financial reasons, don't waste your money on fees.

The 3rd person (just today) said those people do not know what they are talking about, she was practically yelling at us, said there is no financial requirement, the people you speak to are just call cr agents and not IRCC workers who process the apps. She then sent us to a web address that she says confirms what she is saying. Sponsor your spouse, partner or children: check if you’re eligible - Canada.ca

When you follow the links on that site it does take you to a min income requirement that list dollar amounts per # of people in the household which basically proved her wrong.

Heaven help anyone who calls IRCC to ask for general info!

If the regulations say that, that's the answer.

If the sponsor did not mention the relevant and decisive information, you can expect that the answers will be incorrect.

[Overall the phone centre answers are not the highest reliability - made worse by the fact that this sort of thing happens a lot, where people asking questions leave out critical data.]

Last edited:

kadjajsd

Star Member
May 3, 2020
my spouse got AOR 2 months ago , got her biometrics, no medical yet and eligibility still says ' not started'.

is that normal?

warda munawwar

Aug 2, 2023
Mailing Address/Residential address in IMM 0008 for Spouse PR outland
My husband is outland and I'm inland. My husband sponsoring me, he is acting as a representative. The mailing address / residential is different, i.e.; the mailing address is of my husband in Canada, and the residential address is where I am currently living. So do I have to upload IMM 5713 form 'Family Member Representative'?

nikhita

Aug 3, 2018
ication, the first step after the application is submitted is AOR, which can take 8-12 weeks. That is when someone actually reviews the file to see if it appears to be complete. If it is not, it will be returned at that stage and you will have to start over. Those weeks of waiting for AOR will be lost. So, I am not sure what you mean when you ask
Yes, actually our file returned after 1.5 months with not a legit reason I guess, They said we have not given full family information like name , address.. We have given everything except one of deceased parent address. We just mentioned the deceased place of death, that is the reason as we did not mention full address, I just can not understand if that was even mandatory. So we resubmitted same day as it gave option to resubmit, not changed any form or not reupload anything, everything was there we just update one thing and resubmit. I thought we do not have to wait for another 2 months so wanted to ask timeline.

warda munawwar

Aug 2, 2023
Yes, actually our file returned after 1.5 months with not a legit reason I guess, They said we have not given full family information like name , address.. We have given everything except one of deceased parent address. We just mentioned the deceased place of death, that is the reason as we did not mention full address, I just can not understand if that was even mandatory. So we resubmitted same day as it gave option to resubmit, not changed any form or not reupload anything, everything was there we just update one thing and resubmit. I thought we do not have to wait for another 2 months so wanted to ask timeline.
finger crossed!

mjaffer53

Star Member
Feb 18, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 2014
Med's Request
Jan 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 2015
Passport Req..
March 2015
VISA ISSUED...
April 2015
LANDED..........
April 2015
Hello - This is my situation - I am a Canadian Citizen living in Canada. My Fiancée is a Kenyan citizen living in Hungary with a Hungarian work permit tied to her job. She holds a valid Canadian visitor visa. We intend on getting married in her home country of Kenya in January.

Can anyone advise if the below steps seem accurate in our situation?
1) Both of us fly to Kenya for the wedding in December (Wedding is in January).
2) After the wedding, i fly to Canada first alone. I take all her important documents with me (police certificate, birth certificates, marriage certificate, wedding photos, wedding card copy etc etc)
3) She flies from Kenya to Canada as a visitor with a return ticket. She says she is coming for 2 weeks as a tourist.
4) After she lands - I immediately apply for in-land spousal sponsorship and open work permit. She immediately puts in her resignation for her job in Hungary (For some technical reason, she can not work remotely from Canada, she is allowed to work remotely out of Kenya for her Hungarian job which is what she will be doing when we get married there).
5) I cancel her return flight.

Does anyone see a problem with this?

dadiduclair

Jan 8, 2018
Hello - This is my situation - I am a Canadian Citizen living in Canada. My Fiancée is a Kenyan citizen living in Hungary with a Hungarian work permit tied to her job. She holds a valid Canadian visitor visa. We intend on getting married in her home country of Kenya in January.

Can anyone advise if the below steps seem accurate in our situation?
1) Both of us fly to Kenya for the wedding in December (Wedding is in January).
2) After the wedding, i fly to Canada first alone. I take all her important documents with me (police certificate, birth certificates, marriage certificate, wedding photos, wedding card copy etc etc)
3) She flies from Kenya to Canada as a visitor with a return ticket. She says she is coming for 2 weeks as a tourist.
4) After she lands - I immediately apply for in-land spousal sponsorship and open work permit. She immediately puts in her resignation for her job in Hungary (For some technical reason, she can not work remotely from Canada, she is allowed to work remotely out of Kenya for her Hungarian job which is what she will be doing when we get married there).
5) I cancel her return flight.

Does anyone see a problem with this?

Perfect
Go ahead with your plans

Ranbir8874

Aug 17, 2023
Hi every one i have a situation and i need solutions actually i applied my pr by mistake i didn't mention my spouse name now i applied for her pr but i applied her visitor visa and work visa before my pr but got rejected what should i do now immigration officer ask clarification

Flyingfast

Feb 9, 2022
Hi every one i have a situation and i need solutions actually i applied my pr by mistake i didn't mention my spouse name now i applied for her pr but i applied her visitor visa and work visa before my pr but got rejected what should i do now immigration officer ask clarification
It's not a mistake. You deliberately misrepresented yourself on 3 occasions during the process. 1. You were asked in the application. 2. When submitting your Passport, you were asked again if your status had changed. 3. And then when landing, you were asked for the third time if your status had changed? This is no mistake. You can never sponsor your spouse as a result. Your status is now in jeopardy for misrepresentation.

Last edited: