+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Can someone please answer this?….as an inland spousal applicant who submitted on May 25th , will I have to retake medical and biometric? I did both in 2021.
Biometric results valid for ten years, so no (with *caveat that IRCC used to require new biometrics for all PR applicants, but has waived that since start of covid. Looks like it will probalby remain indefinitely but not yet certain).

Medicals valid one year only - you'll likely be asked to redo. With caveat that there were some programs in place also during covid to not reexamine but I think they didn't apply to this case, not certain. At any rate - why worry, if they need the medical they'll ask for it. Gckey should show status of medical but I'm not convinced it will be accurate.

Abvan

Aug 10, 2023
Hi! Can someone please help?
I applied my spouse’s Outland application on 23rd may 2023. I haven’t got an AOR yet. I just saw that i made a mistake in supplementary travel information form. Don’t know how I entered my travel information in principal applicant’s option. Can my application get rejected? I will really appreciate if someone could help me.
And one more question. Can i apply trv for my spouse under family reunification without AOR?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I applied my spouse’s Outland application on 23rd may 2023. I haven’t got an AOR yet. I just saw that i made a mistake in supplementary travel information form. Don’t know how I entered my travel information in principal applicant’s option. Can my application get rejected? I will really appreciate if someone could help me.
And one more question. Can i apply trv for my spouse under family reunification without AOR?
Yes, your spouse can apply for trv. It's a separate application.

Abvan

Aug 10, 2023
Yes, your spouse can apply for trv. It's a separate application.
Thanks for replying steaky i really appreciate it. Can i apply Inland Spousal Sponsorship if trv gets approved?
And do you have any idea about my first question? Will they reject my fil

PMN

Star Member
May 29, 2022
Hi Everyone, I wanted to know if any of you have applied through the London office and if you could advise me on whether my spousal sponsorship is getting close to being approved. This is my timeline:

-14/11/2022 - APPLICATION SUBMITTED (Biometrics already previously done for tourist visa)
-27/01/2023 -FEDERAL APPROVAL TO SPONSOR ME
-3/02/2023 - CSQ REQUEST RECEIVED
-6/03/2023 - CSQ APPROVED
-19/04/2023 - BACKGROUND CHECK STARTED
-12/07/2023 - CSQ SENT TO IRCC VIA WEBFORM because it seems like they don't automatically update it through the system so i wasted 3 months waiting...
- 9/08/2023 - MEDICAL REQUESTED

Contrary to other offices, I got my medical request at a later stage, 9 months after submitting my application to be exact. I read somewhere that London Office tends to send the medical request at the end of the process. I just want to check if that's true because i really just wanna be with my husband already as we all do...

Thank you for your advice.

Reactions: Charbk

Ekemini Kingz

Star Member
Mar 11, 2020
Yes they will reject the application if they find error

And for your second question is better to get AOR before you apply for TRV then your sponsorship application would be online.

thirdly you should join May spousal sponsorship whatsapp-https://chat.whatsapp.com/ErG6vb5N2ifCsoknML9kde

hoangnguyen864

Star Member
Apr 21, 2023
Our file is processed inConsulate General of Canada Visa Section Metropolitan Building Ho Chi Minh City Vietnam
as well and I was wondering if you have any information on processing time for issuing the visa at Vietnam office?
Thanks

hoangnguyen864

Star Member
Apr 21, 2023
Details about your application status
When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a decision. Use the following table to find out the current status of each application step.

Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: December 23, 2022 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: We have received the additional documents you provided.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

let me know what this is. help me. Thanks

mahbubeh

Star Member
Jun 3, 2010
Hello,

I have a question about submitting passport and would appreciate your help.
our file is processed at Ankara office and they have sent email for passport request, however the VAC closest to us, is sending everyone’s document to the Abu Dhabi. Meaning that if we submit the passport to the VAC close to us, it is going to end up at Abu Dhabi office and not Ankara where our file is and where we received the request from.
Any advice on what to do? Do we just submit it to VAC closest to us? Or courier it to the VAC in Ankara? Do they even accept submission by mail and not in person?

thanks

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
Hello,

I have a question about submitting passport and would appreciate your help.
our file is processed at Ankara office and they have sent email for passport request, however the VAC closest to us, is sending everyone’s document to the Abu Dhabi. Meaning that if we submit the passport to the VAC close to us, it is going to end up at Abu Dhabi office and not Ankara where our file is and where we received the request from.
Any advice on what to do? Do we just submit it to VAC closest to us? Or courier it to the VAC in Ankara? Do they even accept submission by mail and not in person?

thanks
You can submit your passport to any VFS Global (Canada) center. You may be required to pay some fees if the VFS center differs from the one you submitted biometrics to. It doesn't matter which Visa Office did the processing of actual file.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Contrary to other offices, I got my medical request at a later stage, 9 months after submitting my application to be exact. I read somewhere that London Office tends to send the medical request at the end of the process. I just want to check if that's true because i really just wanna be with my husband already as we all do...
As far as I can tell, this is not a function of the London office but of the country of origin (that they order medicals until later in process to avoid applicants having to do the medical more than once). What country of origin are you?

Unfortunately 'later in the process' is not the same as 'at the end of the process.' But having got the request does indicate, hopefully, that it's further along.

In the meantime: I would suggest that your application is far enough along that you could apply for TRV under the recently-annoucned new policy and hopefully get approved and join your spouse sooner. Good luck.

sagarsa

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2014
AOR Received.
26-11-2014
IELTS Request
Second line update : 17th Jan 2015
File Transfer...
Started Processing : 14th Jan 2015
Med's Request
20th Jan 2015
Med's Done....
Feb Starting...
Passport Req..
13th March 2015
VISA ISSUED...
26th March 2015
Hi All,

Does anyone have a checklist or steps that we can go through while preparing the application. I am following IRCC website but just want to make sure I don't miss anything.

Flyingfast

Feb 9, 2022
Hi All,

Does anyone have a checklist or steps that we can go through while preparing the application. I am following IRCC website but just want to make sure I don't miss anything.
The application has a checklist that you follow and must submit with the application. Did you bother to read anything yourself?