Apr 19,2023 Background check in progress
Apr 19, 2023 Eligibility not started
Jul 14, 2023 Background check updated and completed on PR tracker
Jul 14, 2023 Eligibility Updated and Completed on PR tracker
Jul 15, 2023 Invitation to Pre-Arrival on Pr Tracker and GCKEY
Jul 17, 2023 Passport Request on GCKEY

Primary office CPC Mississauga
PA: INDIA

is it okay that once my wife (PA) gets the passport stamped and receives COPR by august 2023 but lands here in the month of December 2023?

I don't know within how much time she must enter Canada.

COPR expires on 16th April 2024 on PR Tracker

please help :)
Wow your very lucky on how quick your application was processed and ye as long as she enters Canada before the COPR expires then ye. Probably better if she lands pretty soon after getting PR stamped in passport though. Why would you wait till December to come to Canada? If Canada is going to be her new home with you? Plus you as the sponsor are supporting and paying for her first 3 years in Canada. So quick she lands the quicker the process is to start and end

csolorzano

Dec 5, 2022
Hello everyone,
I applied for PR through Spousal Sponsorship on July 2022, in Quebec, Inland. I already had an PGWP that expires now in 2 years. I heard that once you get your COPR, you have to wait until you get your PR card, but in that time, you cannot travel because your work permit gets cancelled. Is that true? Or can I still travel with a COPR, with an eTA (my country is visa exempt) while I wait for my PR card? By travel, I mean leave and come to Canada in the span of two weeks.
Thanks.

iamkran

Star Member
Oct 6, 2015
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
App. Filed.......
22-05-2018
Nomination.....
26-04-2018
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
22-10-2015 (upfront)
Interview........
No need
Passport Req..
Upront with application
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2015
LANDED..........
23-12-2015
Anyone noticed something weird on IMM0008 Generic application form for Canada (IMM 0008), while filling in married status, it doesn't show me married as an option and rest others are there. Annulled Marriage, Divorced, Seperated, Single, Unknown, Windowed. Anyone else facing the same issue?

Suryarao611

Sep 23, 2020
Hello everyone,
I applied for PR through Spousal Sponsorship on July 2022, in Quebec, Inland. I already had an PGWP that expires now in 2 years. I heard that once you get your COPR, you have to wait until you get your PR card, but in that time, you cannot travel because your work permit gets cancelled. Is that true? Or can I still travel with a COPR, with an eTA (my country is visa exempt) while I wait for my PR card? By travel, I mean leave and come to Canada in the span of two weeks.
Thanks.
Yes, once you receive your COPR, any temporary visa become invalid and not a eligible travel document. Check for eTA criteria if you're a PR I don't think so you'll be eligible for eTA. But you can apply for PRTD. COPR is not a valid travel document unless you travel via road.

Suryarao611

Sep 23, 2020
Anyone noticed something weird on IMM0008 Generic application form for Canada (IMM 0008), while filling in married status, it doesn't show me married as an option and rest others are there. Annulled Marriage, Divorced, Seperated, Single, Unknown, Windowed. Anyone else facing the same issue?
yes looks like there is some values missing. IRCC must fix it but people don't know when. Until then you can gather other documents

Reactions: iamkran

PMN

Star Member
May 29, 2022
Hey Everyone, I have a useful piece of information to share with anyone applying for spousal sponsorship in QUEBEC.

My spousal application timeline is the following:
- 14th November 2022 applied for spousal sponsorship.
Received federal approval and applied for the CSQ in Quebec and received the approval with my CSQ number in February.

Since I haven't received any updates, no medical request, nothing. So I reached out to the London office (which is the one processing my application) and they informed me that they never received update that my CSQ was approved. I thought they would be informed automatically, because nowhere on the letter was it mentioned that I have to inform them myself. It was by total coincidence that i found out that my application wasn't up to date. Anyways, I send them a scanned copy of my approval letter and they updated my file.

I don't know if this is the reason why since February my application hasn't moved and why i still haven't received my medical request...

Anyways, I wanted to inform you all, in case this information can be useful to anyone.

Reactions: Charbk and ERCAN

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
Hey Everyone, I have a useful piece of information to share with anyone applying for spousal sponsorship in QUEBEC.

My spousal application timeline is the following:
- 14th November 2022 applied for spousal sponsorship.
Received federal approval and applied for the CSQ in Quebec and received the approval with my CSQ number in February.

Since I haven't received any updates, no medical request, nothing. So I reached out to the London office (which is the one processing my application) and they informed me that they never received update that my CSQ was approved. I thought they would be informed automatically, because nowhere on the letter was it mentioned that I have to inform them myself. It was by total coincidence that i found out that my application wasn't up to date. Anyways, I send them a scanned copy of my approval letter and they updated my file.

I don't know if this is the reason why since February my application hasn't moved and why i still haven't received my medical request...

Anyways, I wanted to inform you all, in case this information can be useful to anyone.
did you call or used web form?

Properityone

Apr 19, 2023
My wife had her interview on May 2nd in Beirut Lebanon with a Visa officer and we are still waiting to hear about the deicision. Not sure why it’s taking so long for them to do so as this is usually the last step.

TravisM

Star Member
Nov 20, 2022
Hey all, been around several threads lately. Our application is a little odd, and i would like some input if possible.

Back in April we got our CoPR number generated in our tracker. Called IRCC nearly 6 times over the course of a month, and no one gave us any information just said keep waiting. We saw a fix on a different thread here saying to send emails to the landing team to get our portal invite. We did that in June, and got the portal June 5th. Now a month goes by calling IRCC who confirmed they saw the photo and declaration in our portal etc. etc. with no real updates. Eventually we get tired of dealing with IRCC and call our local MP, who within 2 days finds out there was a hold on the app due to a fee that none of the IRCC agents told us about (10+ agents looked into our account while we called and not a single one could tell us there was a snag, so who knows how useful the phone agents really are). After paying this, we received a portal invite a few days later.

We replied to the portal July 12th (Using same information as June 5th portal) and haven't heard back yet. We called IRCC again yesterday and the agent laughed at us when we said that we've been waiting for the document to generate for nearly 2 months. After mentioning we had a portal already they got a little more serious and looked into the account, saying the portal was created the 12th and they had no record of the portal on June 5th (Despite previous agents seeing it) they recommended replying to the invite saying that we already had a portal in hopes of them doing a landing using that one.

As of today, I requested my local MP look into it again for anything at all, and am just waiting.

sai23

Star Member
Jul 15, 2023
anybody has there application at Sydney Office?
My husband's application is at Sydney office for spousal sponsorship (PA - Fiji).
Applied: Nov 26, 2022
AOR: Jan 30, 2023
Sponsor approval: Feb 3, 2023
Medical request: Feb 8, 2023
Medical passed: Feb 11, 2023
Background check in progress: April 19, 2023
Eligibility in progress: June 6, 2023

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey all, been around several threads lately. Our application is a little odd, and i would like some input if possible.

Back in April we got our CoPR number generated in our tracker. Called IRCC nearly 6 times over the course of a month, and no one gave us any information just said keep waiting. We saw a fix on a different thread here saying to send emails to the landing team to get our portal invite. We did that in June, and got the portal June 5th. Now a month goes by calling IRCC who confirmed they saw the photo and declaration in our portal etc. etc. with no real updates. Eventually we get tired of dealing with IRCC and call our local MP, who within 2 days finds out there was a hold on the app due to a fee that none of the IRCC agents told us about (10+ agents looked into our account while we called and not a single one could tell us there was a snag, so who knows how useful the phone agents really are). After paying this, we received a portal invite a few days later.

We replied to the portal July 12th (Using same information as June 5th portal) and haven't heard back yet. We called IRCC again yesterday and the agent laughed at us when we said that we've been waiting for the document to generate for nearly 2 months. After mentioning we had a portal already they got a little more serious and looked into the account, saying the portal was created the 12th and they had no record of the portal on June 5th (Despite previous agents seeing it) they recommended replying to the invite saying that we already had a portal in hopes of them doing a landing using that one.

As of today, I requested my local MP look into it again for anything at all, and am just waiting.
It can take several week to get a response from IRCC after the portal submission. This part is normal. You have to start counting from the July 12th portal submission since this is the one that was done after your application was actually complete. You can't count from the June 5th date. It makes complete sense that they wouldn't be able to see the June 5th submission. This one was replaced by the actual portal invite sent on July 12th.

TravisM

Star Member
Nov 20, 2022
It can take several week to get a response from IRCC after the portal submission. This part is normal. You have to start counting from the July 12th portal submission since this is the one that was done after your application was actually complete. You can't count from the June 5th date. It makes complete sense that they wouldn't be able to see the June 5th submission. This one was replaced by the actual portal invite sent on July 12th.
That's ridiculous, the only reason it's like this is because after calling 10 different times asking what's going on they couldn't tell me there was a snag (2 months wasted because no agent wanted to take the time to actually help us.) They even confirmed that they had seen our declaration when we called a week or so after without an update. Ircc is such a circus tent.

Xilikon

Apr 26, 2018
Quebec City, Canada
Category........
FAM
Yes, contacted them via webform, took them around a week to respond, and then I sent them the CSQ by mail as an attachement.
I heard about that a few times from other Quebec applicants. This is why I decided to send the CSQ certificate to IRCC via webform as soon as we received it to be sure.

Reactions: Charbk

Ashan Perera

Star Member
Aug 2, 2016
Hey guys,

Can spouse apply for a SIN with eCOPR document?
What if the eCOPR is expiring in Aug?
How long it will take to recieve the PR card?
What can we do with per-arrival services?