+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Deepak13

Jul 10, 2023
Applied spousal in-class on may 22. I haven’t got my AOR yet! My Canada’s visitor visa’s 6 months period last day is AUG 6! I’m expecting AOR this week! My question is, is that AOR enough for me to stay in canada ? Or Still I need to go US and comeback to restore my visit visa ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello there hope everyone be fine.

I am from Afghanistan and I submitted my Spouse Sponsorship application from Pakistan on 7th of May 2023, after 10 days I received my AOR and on 18th of May 2023 I received the sponsor approval letter, after that 2 days later I received an email they said that we send your application to LVO( London Visa Office) for processing. Now its nearly 2 months that I didnt received any email from them, is there anyone who knows what is next and why it took so long? Because I know some of my relatives that their whole processimg time was 3 to 4 month from here (Pakistan) and 2 of my relatives applied from Iran their application took exact 3 month and they went to canada in 3 months after submitting.
So is there anyone who know why mine is taking so long because lots of application took max 3 to 4 months?!
It's extremely unusual for applications to be processed in just 3-4 months. Your relatives got extremely extremely lucky. What you are experiencing is normal. The expected processing time for outland spousal sponsorship applications is 14 months right now and it is very normal not to hear anything for a while after the transfer to the visa office.

Can you confirm that you are a Canadian PR or Canadian citizen who is sponsoring their spouse for permanent residency? Or is it possible that you are trying to bring your spouse to Canada on a SOWP?

Reactions: Charbk

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My spouse, my sponsor is Canadian PR.
So do you know that when will I receive Medical letter?! Will I get it in 2 month or not?!
And about 4 months that I said I heared that lots of people's application took that much time, even I know some which they applied from Iran, their application took 3 months also.
Sorry, I don't know. I would post to the LVO thread and look through the processing times posted there.

skz360

Jun 14, 2023
Applied spousal in-class on may 22. I haven’t got my AOR yet! My Canada’s visitor visa’s 6 months period last day is AUG 6! I’m expecting AOR this week! My question is, is that AOR enough for me to stay in canada ? Or Still I need to go US and comeback to restore my visit visa ?
Why not apply for a visitor extension instead?

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
I am from Afghanistan and I submitted my Spouse Sponsorship application from Pakistan on 7th of May 2023, after 10 days I received my AOR and on 18th of May 2023 I received the sponsor approval letter, after that 2 days later I received an email they said that we send your application to LVO( London Visa Office) for processing. Now it's nearly 2 months that I didnt received any email from them, is there anyone who knows what is next and why it took so long? Because I know some of my relatives that their whole processimg time was 3 to 4 month from here (Pakistan) and 2 of my relatives applied from Iran their application took exact 3 month and they went to canada in 3 months after submitting.
So is there anyone who know why mine is taking so long because lots of application took max 3 to 4 months?!
Amazing that you received AOR in 10 days. Read on this site that for most of us ordinary folks, 10 weeks is normal, then sponsorship approval maybe a couple of weeks after that. You applied only 2 months ago, so it's hardly open for you to complain that your application "is taking so long". Sorry, but that's mildly offensive to many here who have waited well over a year and some in the range of 2 years. It is equally offensive if the IRCC accords special v.i.p. treatment to applicants from Pakistan and Iran as well. Why should that be?

Last edited:
Reactions: Charbk and mvk88

Moe1996

Apr 26, 2023
Yes, all the steps went fast so far. AIP is the eligibility completed, but the background check is still undergoing. Even if that goes through, with the Quebec situation right now, no clue when the PR will actually be approved....
But, in the meantime, as inland, we will have OWP, and the medicare will start in 3 months so waiting really would not impact our personal situation dramatically.
i applied for OWP but didn't receive it !

Moe1996

Apr 26, 2023
anyone waiting for etobicoke office to finish the background check?

Submission: 31 NOV 2022
File transfer to etobicoke for further assessment: JAN 31 2023

mahbubeh

Star Member
Jun 3, 2010
Hello everyone,
A quick question about processing time.
Since June 21 this year, application tracker is showing all stages as completed. We applied in March 2022 so now we are in month 16 of the application. PA medical expiry was Aug 2023 but last week they updated the expiry date to Aug 2024. On one hand we are happy that medical is not going to expire soon on the other hand we got worried about potential longer processing time.

What was your experience. Any one knows how long after all stages are completed we should expect “Decision Made” or COPR? Or passport request?

Thanks,

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello everyone,
A quick question about processing time.
Since June 21 this year, application tracker is showing all stages as completed. We applied in March 2022 so now we are in month 16 of the application. PA medical expiry was Aug 2023 but last week they updated the expiry date to Aug 2024. On one hand we are happy that medical is not going to expire soon on the other hand we got worried about potential longer processing time.

What was your experience. Any one knows how long after all stages are completed we should expect “Decision Made” or COPR? Or passport request?

Thanks,
I believe the change in medical expiry 9ndocates they are preparing to issue passport request soon. But whether that is one or four weeks or more, no idea. My guess would still be less than a month.

Reactions: mahbubeh

mahbubeh

Star Member
Jun 3, 2010
I believe the change in medical expiry 9ndocates they are preparing to issue passport request soon. But whether that is one or four weeks or more, no idea. My guess would still be less than a month.
Hi armoured,
Thank you for the response. I hope that we get the visa as soon as possible.

Saleeha_cad

May 24, 2023
hello everyone

I got the Procedural Fairness letter last month regarding PA's eligibility.

I have submitted the response, now wondering when they will response, how much they take usually to response PFL?

I have surpassed the processing time.

can anyone share their PFL experience?

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
hello everyone

I got the Procedural Fairness letter last month regarding PA's eligibility.

I have submitted the response, now wondering when they will response, how much they take usually to response PFL?

I have surpassed the processing time.

can anyone share their PFL experience?
I doubt there is any standard response time for a PFL. I would expect it to be wholly dependent on the issue(s) raised in the PFL and the nature of your response.