+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Saleeha_cad

May 24, 2023
Hi there, any update on your application? We also received a PFL last May 5th for eligibility. We applied for conjugal partner sponsorship last May 2022. I have already received PPR on 27th of June..
nothing has been heard....I do not know when they respond after getting the explanation regarding their concern

HTS_QC

Dec 4, 2022
I have changed my passport between submitting the application and receiving AOR and BIL.
I have sent a webform before AOR to let IRCC know new passport details and I have used UCI 0000-0000 as I didn't have one yet.

My questions are:
- do I need to resubmit a webform now that I have received UCI to inform IRCC again about the passport change?
- Which passport should I bring at the biometrics appointment? It says to bring the same travel document used in the application, but that passport is not valid anymore.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I have changed my passport between submitting the application and receiving AOR and BIL.
I have sent a webform before AOR to let IRCC know new passport details and I have used UCI 0000-0000 as I didn't have one yet.

My questions are:
- do I need to resubmit a webform now that I have received UCI to inform IRCC again about the passport change?
- Which passport should I bring at the biometrics appointment? It says to bring the same travel document used in the application, but that passport is not valid anymore.
-I would update using the UCI#, just in case. It's not like it takes a lot of time.
-Yes, use the new passport. Best to take a photocopy of the old one bio page just in case VFS gets up your nose about it, but it's not a rare scenario.

Deividas

Star Member
Apr 3, 2023
Could someone explain regarding the fees: I've paid the full amount of 1420 CAD with my PR application. Some of these were supposed to be for Open Work permit, however now when I am trying to fill up the work permit application, I am required to pay again and there are no additional fields to upload existing receipts..

What nonsense is this ?

mvk88

Star Member
Mar 1, 2023
Could someone explain regarding the fees: I've paid the full amount of 1420 CAD with my PR application. Some of these were supposed to be for Open Work permit, however now when I am trying to fill up the work permit application, I am required to pay again and there are no additional fields to upload existing receipts..

What nonsense is this ?
Yes you have to pay it again. It used to be where you can apply spousal sponsorship and work permit together. Since they changed the rules you can only apply after receiving AOR. So what you can do is pay again fir the work permit and you can request a refund . Just login into the same account where you made and request a refund.

Ashan Perera

Star Member
Aug 2, 2016
Hey Guys,

I (sponsor) received an email from IRCC today asking whether my spouse will enter to Canada before her medical get expired, I replied to the email saying yes she will enter to Canada before it expires (expiring in Aug).

But still no PPR/COPR :(

Not sure whether I have to raise a webform and prove them that she’ll enter before it expires, ex - air ticket

Any thoughts?

a1exander

Nov 14, 2021
Sorry if this question has been answered already, I'm just looking for a quick response. In the case of a rejected application due to a miss document. Upon reapplication, does the applicant need to pay the application fee again?

Many thanks in advance.

mvk88

Star Member
Mar 1, 2023
Sorry if this question has been answered already, I'm just looking for a quick response. In the case of a rejected application due to a miss document. Upon reapplication, does the applicant need to pay the application fee again?

Many thanks in advance.
No you don't have to repay again if they return your application for missing documents

ABWAQAR

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
Hello guys, I haven't received my spouse's AOR and it has been now 70 days. Is there anything I can do or just wait?

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hey Guys,

I (sponsor) received an email from IRCC today asking whether my spouse will enter to Canada before her medical get expired, I replied to the email saying yes she will enter to Canada before it expires (expiring in Aug).

Not sure whether I have to raise a webform and prove them that she’ll enter before it expires, ex - air ticket

Any thoughts?
If all this happened just today you need to have some patience, it will take them time to process things, the officer is working on many apps at the same time. I wouldn't send a web form and I don't suggest buying a ticket. They wouldn't have asked you the question if they weren't planning to send you the PPR.

dlramos08

Star Member
Apr 26, 2023
Manila, Philippines
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
Hey Guys,

Any thoughts?
I know it's really hard to wait, especially now that you're near the finish line. But that's all you can do for now, PPR will be coming soon.

Reactions: Ashan Perera

Kirandeep Kaur Maher

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017
Hello everyone, I'm new to this group. I applied for my spouse (in India) for family class sponsorship outland on July 5th 2023.
Are there any whatsapp groups for the same that I can join?
I also wanted to know if anyone knows the details of trv I.E the new policy. I was hoping to apply for trv for my husband but I have been unable to find any detailed video for reference. Any suggestions would help. Thanks.