+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

dgold5727

May 25, 2023
Please help! I need advise. I am in Canada sponsoring my husband who is in Nigeria. He was called for an interview, when with all the documents requested for, After the interview, the interview didn’t give him annn th decision whether he’s been approved or denied. He said the officer returned his passport and told him his application will be reviewed.
As anyone experienced this before, does the immigration officer keep passports even when one is denied? He was not given any letter for us to know what decision was made

Reactions: T0pubo

Charbk

Star Member
Feb 11, 2023
Category........
FSW
Please help! I need advise. I am in Canada sponsoring my husband who is in Nigeria. He was called for an interview, when with all the documents requested for, After the interview, the interview didn’t give him annn th decision whether he’s been approved or denied. He said the officer returned his passport and told him his application will be reviewed.
As anyone experienced this before, does the immigration officer keep passports even when one is denied? He was not given any letter for us to know what decision was made
Is this Ghana VO? All you can do is wait, you’ll know what they have decided in a couple of days. Sometimes they will tell you right away if you’ve passed or not. The ones I’ve heard they kept the passport was approved. However you know know. Leave it in God’s hands

Suryarao611

Sep 23, 2020
Hi I'm from March 2023 submission group, just here to get few insights on an update. My Eligibility in GC key updated from "We will let you know" to "We are reviewing your eligibility". I'm yet to receive SA and medical. Bio is from TRV.

Has anyone faced similar situation?

dgold5727

May 25, 2023
Is this Ghana VO? All you can do is wait, you’ll know what they have decided in a couple of days. Sometimes they will tell you right away if you’ve passed or not. The ones I’ve heard they kept the passport was approved. However you know know. Leave it in God’s hands

Thank you for your response. The interview was in Nigeria VO.

Vptl

Star Member
Jun 4, 2021
Asking for a friend:

My friend is about to submit spouse sponsorship application. He is currently self-employed (UBER). What document can he show as a Employment/Source of Income ? Check list says we need to upload supporting documents if self-employed but not sure what it could be. Can he attach screenshots of weekly Uber income deposits?

Suryarao611

Sep 23, 2020
Asking for a friend:

My friend is about to submit spouse sponsorship application. He is currently self-employed (UBER). What document can he show as a Employment/Source of Income ? Check list says we need to upload supporting documents if self-employed but not sure what it could be. Can he attach screenshots of weekly Uber income deposits?
His notice of assessment, bank statement and any other investments if he has. the former is very important. If they have dependent then he has to satisfy LICO to sponsor dependents other than spouse. If only spouse then no LICO just submit the afore mentioned documents

Reactions: YVR123

Vptl

Star Member
Jun 4, 2021
His notice of assessment, bank statement and any other investments if he has. the former is very important. If they have dependent then he has to satisfy LICO to sponsor dependents other than spouse. If only spouse then no LICO just submit the afore mentioned documents

Thanks for the input. No they don't have any dependents. He is sponsoring his wife only.

1989Khan

Star Member
Feb 18, 2020
Hi I'm from March 2023 submission group, just here to get few insights on an update. My Eligibility in GC key updated from "We will let you know" to "We are reviewing your eligibility". I'm yet to receive SA and medical. Bio is from TRV.

Has anyone faced similar situation?
Yes, I am also from March 2023, AOR May 5, Bio, upfront from TRV, Medical not Started, no sponsorship approval

Saleeha_cad

May 24, 2023
Hello everyone,

Has anyone gotten Procedural Fairness Letter regarding spousal sponsorship?

If Yes then whats the success rate? what they ask mostly?

plz reply

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello everyone,

plz reply
There is no "success rate". It depends on the reason of the PFL and thus the final refusal.
(misrepresentation, spouse not declared when sponsor landed as PR and was already in the relationship, cannot show intend of returning to Canada for some outlnad cases, marriage of convinence, marriage not fully committed/completed ...etc)

It's usually advice to involve an immigration lawyer to response to a PFL.

Reactions: Charbk

Deividas

Star Member
Apr 3, 2023
Hello everyone,

plz reply
As mentioned above, this is your last chance to fix whatever wrong happened with your application. Involve the lawyer to review the whole case and make solid answer.

Reactions: Charbk

kcs94

Feb 21, 2023
Everything showing completed in tracker, including background and both eligibility for PA and Sponsor (except biometrics, but that's not required according to GCkey. It shows as linked in GCKey) everything still in progress on GCkey. Got pre-arrival on 25th.

AOR March 25 - everything marked completed March 24 at once. No AIP. No SA. No COPR. Any idea when COPR might show up in the profile? I requested gcms from IRCC on April 26th, but it's been 30 days and nothing so far...