+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

krisIndian

May 24, 2021
My Timeline!

OUTLAND APPLICATION (INDIA)
File submitted: Feb 03, 2023
AOR: March 22nd, 2023
SA: 30th March (VO not mentioned in the letter)
Medical completed: 03 April 2023
Biometric completed: 04 April 2023
background in progress: April 19
Eligibility has not started yet.

Last week I called IRCC and they told me that criminality passed, security had not started and they also mentioned VO is CPC Sydney. Today I called IRCC again and they told me it is in Mississauga VO.

Any idea how fast is Missisagua VO?

Thanks!!!

ABC_789

Feb 28, 2023
Hello, I applied for my wife's PR (spousal sponsorship) and it got updated on PR tracker today with COPR number but we have not received any email. Does anyone know what is the further step?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
so its not like PR procedure where the person gets an email to create account to upload image and address?

Does it mean now PR is approved and how long does it takes to get passport request?
If you're in Canada they will do the online procedure.

COPR# being allocated means: they have allocated a COPR #. That's all.

ABC_789

Feb 28, 2023
I am not sure about the online procedure....is it normal to see COPR number on the PR tracker without any email or further steps?

and from above I think I should wait for Passport request?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I am not sure about the online procedure....is it normal to see COPR number on the PR tracker without any email or further steps?
Yes, COPR # is their internal procedure and no meaning for you, except that the machine is doing something in the background.

and from above I think I should wait for Passport request?
don't know what 'and from above' means, but yes, now you [continue to] wait.

GeraldMjay

May 18, 2023
Nigeria
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
26-11-2022
AOR Received.
02-02-2023
File Transfer...
16-04-2023
Med's Request
02-05-2023
Med's Done....
04-05-2023
Interview........
Nil
Yes it's normal

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My Timeline!

OUTLAND APPLICATION (INDIA)
File submitted: Feb 03, 2023
AOR: March 22nd, 2023
SA: 30th March (VO not mentioned in the letter)
Medical completed: 03 April 2023
Biometric completed: 04 April 2023
background in progress: April 19
Eligibility has not started yet.

Last week I called IRCC and they told me that criminality passed, security had not started and they also mentioned VO is CPC Sydney. Today I called IRCC again and they told me it is in Mississauga VO.

Any idea how fast is Missisagua VO?

Thanks!!!
There is no need to call IRCC especially weekly. Your application is being processed very normally. Remember 80% of applications are processed within a year so you are ahead of schedule. The customer service agent will not be able to give you any extra information about your file. The background process usually takes many months where you don’t hear anything. That is normal.

Deividas

Star Member
Apr 3, 2023
Exactly!! You calling them daily makes it worse for everyone else ! The moment you got AOR, no need to worry. if you didn’t lie when filling up the application and fall under typical immigrant category you’ll get PR with no issue !

Reactions: canuck78

mahbubeh

Star Member
Jun 3, 2010
Same here i submitted biometric on March 2 but until now its showing in progress in pr tracker and dont need biometric in gckey although i can see details of biometric under applicant details. I ordered gcms notes and it confirmed that biometric is received and completed
Hi,

how did you order gcms notes and how long did it take to receive it?

thanks

Last edited:

Flyingfast

Feb 9, 2022
Exactly!! You calling them daily makes it worse for everyone else ! The moment you got AOR, no need to worry. if you didn’t lie when filling up the application and fall under typical immigrant category you’ll get PR with no issue !
It's like people calling to get a temporary file number that's meaningless. You can't do anything with it, and all it does is create delays for people who have a genuine need to contact IRCC.
Lying, leaving out relevant information because you feel embarrassed or don't want to offend a relative, or providing fake documents seem to cause the majority of delays or problems. Just my observation..

Reactions: Deividas

Guri rathore

May 11, 2023
Hello, I have applied for my inland spousal sponsorship file on april 13.. when can i expect to get AOR? And is there any whatsap group for this class right now?
Also, what is typical timeframe to get pr in this category( website says 14 months but not sure if its correct)
thankyou
Did you receive your AOR yet ?

marisarmiento

May 22, 2023
Hi. I’m sponsoring my common law partner and we’re confused on whose name to fill out on the IMM0008. Is it my name or the person I am sponsoring?

Reactions: NY81