+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
which email id do we expect biometrics and medical letter??Is it Spousal PR portal account email ??
Hi Gauti_2023,

Yes, it's the applicant's email it goes to.
The reply is correct but I'll add some details based on recent experience:
  1. First biometric letter goes to the PA's email address indicated in the PR portal at the time of submission (however I can't really say what will happen if the email used as login to the PR portal and personal email in the form is different).
  2. If you have GCKey - medical request may go to the GCKey and you'll get a notification email to the address indicated in the GCKey account. The medical letter itself will be in GCKey.
  3. We had second biometric letter (redo) which also went to the GCKey in a similar way to the medical letter.

bleachedaxe

Oct 6, 2010
Hi everyone, I am kinda stuck in a weird situation. My wife and son arrived in Canada on March 12th, wife is on a work permit and my son is on a TRP. I applied for their Inland sponsorship on April 1st, and I think it is difficult that they would get their AOR before their status expires in Canada next month as IRCC has went on strike. What would be my options here? Can I apply for a visitor record for both of them? Would they be eligible? Please help me if anyone has been in a similar situation, I am kinda lost :(

rakeshinfy2014

Mar 4, 2022
The reply is correct but I'll add some details based on recent experience:
  1. First biometric letter goes to the PA's email address indicated in the PR portal at the time of submission (however I can't really say what will happen if the email used as login to the PR portal and personal email in the form is different).
  2. If you have GCKey - medical request may go to the GCKey and you'll get a notification email to the address indicated in the GCKey account. The medical letter itself will be in GCKey.
  3. We had second biometric letter (redo) which also went to the GCKey in a similar way to the medical letter.
what about AOR?? same email??

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
what about AOR?? same email??
The AOR was addressed to the sponsor, but since we used single email for PR portal, sponsor and PA, it is difficult to determine which of those three was used, if they were different.

I'm certain only about medical and further correspondence - it goes to GCKey if you have one and will use the email from the profile.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All, IRCC workers have gone on strike...Is it advisable to apply now online?
I suppose the short answer is: Yes

Although there is a strike, the sooner a new applicant submits their application, the sooner they `get in line'. At some point, the dispute will be over and things will start to return to normal. If you wait until that day comes to apply, there will certainly be many more applicants ahead of you.

I suggest applying now and just realizing that it will take longer. How much longer is anyone's guess.

Reactions: Charbk

raji2047

Apr 20, 2023
I suppose the short answer is: Yes

Although there is a strike, the sooner a new applicant submits their application, the sooner they `get in line'. At some point, the dispute will be over and things will start to return to normal. If you wait until that day comes to apply, there will certainly be many more applicants ahead of you.

I suggest applying now and just realizing that it will take longer. How much longer is anyone's guess.
Thanks for your kind advice...can you or anyone know if i need to pay biometrics fees again for spousal sponsorship if she has already done biometrics in past for a visitor visa

HTS_QC

Dec 4, 2022
I am filling out form 0008, under current country of residence, my status is 'other' as I have settled status in UK which technically not the same as permanent resident (although very very similar), so it asks me until when (?), what do I put as it is my current country of residence... my status does not expire as it gives me unlimited right to remain in UK.

Also, I moved to the UK in 2015 when UK was part of Europe and I got settled status after Brexit, 2019, so what do I put for:
  • To: ?

Last edited:

CBarr

Star Member
Jul 26, 2020
I have applied for ETA, but I can't find any UCI number?
ETA does not generate a UCI, it is a simple air travel authorization that is connected to your passport electronically. In order to have an UCI you have to apply directly with Canada Immigration services (online portal for example) in order to go through any of their application processes that involves creating an account with them: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=013

A Visitor visa could be enough to obtain a UCI since you must create an account to apply for it (if I recall correctly), but an ETA is done without creating any account whatsoever so you never get an UCI from that process. From the ETA all you get is an ETA number, which is not the same as a UCI.

Reactions: armoured

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Thanks for your kind advice...can you or anyone know if i need to pay biometrics fees again for spousal sponsorship if she has already done biometrics in past for a visitor visa
You can check here to see if your biometrics are valid, based on that you can decide to pay or not. If they want them done they will let you know and you would have to pay at that time or if you pay now and they are not required they will issue a refund.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp

CBarr

Star Member
Jul 26, 2020
I am corrected by @CBarr , I thought it did generate a UCI#, my mistake, mea culpa. At any rate, it's not required to provide a UCI#, it just helps them connect the file to the app a bit more easily.
Not to worry, there are so many different application processes and each one with their own nuances it can be hard keeping track of all of them. Since I went through the process of ETA for myself, family and friends I thought it was better for me to make that clear so the user wouldn't waste time trying to find an UCI that did not exist.

Reactions: armoured

Jas07

Apr 21, 2023
Guys,need an urgent advice here...I landed as PR alone with my spouse as Non-accompanying.3 months after my landing my Kid was born abroad...Do i need to contact IRCC to update my COPR or i can directly do the sponsorship??..pl advice

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Guys,need an urgent advice here...I landed as PR alone with my spouse as Non-accompanying.3 months after my landing my Kid was born abroad...Do i need to contact IRCC to update my COPR or i can directly do the sponsorship??..pl advice
You can directly do the sponsorship, once you've landed, the info in the copr is 'fixed.'