Rcmp check canada - nov 2021
Eligibility started - jan 2022
Completed - sep 2022
Background check - sep 2022
Pre arrival - sep 2022
Medical 2 - nov 2022
Arc submitted - nov 2022
Ppr - April 2023
Did your background start on sep 2022 or completed on sep 2022?

Reactions: Charbk

Faraway12

Apr 19, 2023
Hello, im new here and looking for an advice if anyone can help me to get answer

Hello, i have submitted my Spouse pr Application, as part of documents that proof our marriage we submitted wedding photos, marriage registration photos, marriage certificate, and honeymoon photos, we did the wedding in our home country where all our both families attended with 150 guests,and after that we did the legal marriage registration in Seychelles, one thing we didnt include to the application is the engagement/muslim religious ceremony becuase we both weren't present and it was done verbally by our fathers with presence of Imam hence there is no photos for us in that ceremony. Now we received sponsor Approval and file moved to London Visa Office. I want to know is it ok send the photos of the engagement/religious verbal ceremony as additional documents? Or leave since its not recognized by ircc becuase we werent present and it was verbally?

Charbk

Star Member
Feb 11, 2023
Category........
FSW
Hello, im new here and looking for an advice if anyone can help me to get answer

Hello, i have submitted my Spouse pr Application, as part of documents that proof our marriage we submitted wedding photos, marriage registration photos, marriage certificate, and honeymoon photos, we did the wedding in our home country where all our both families attended with 150 guests,and after that we did the legal marriage registration in Seychelles, one thing we didnt include to the application is the engagement/muslim religious ceremony becuase we both weren't present and it was done verbally by our fathers with presence of Imam hence there is no photos for us in that ceremony. Now we received sponsor Approval and file moved to London Visa Office. I want to know is it ok send the photos of the engagement/religious verbal ceremony as additional documents? Or leave since its not recognized by ircc becuase we werent present and it was verbally?
To be honest wait and see if they request additional documents. I think what you’ve sent is enough (the wedding documents and photos.

Faraway12

Apr 19, 2023
To be honest wait and see if they request additional documents. I think what you’ve sent is enough (the wedding documents and photos.
Thank you for your reply i really appreciate it.

I was thinking to just wait and see if they will request it but after reading many threads here i became worry that it may not look good for my case becuase its traditional ceremony in my home country although i personally dont really follow it and my marriage is legally registered and we also expecting our first baby born in few weeks.

Thanks again

Reactions: Charbk
Apr 12, 2023

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I have been a Canadian PR since January 2021 and lived there for around 9 months until I returned to India for my marriage in Sep end 2021.
I want to know whether I am eligible to sponsor my spouse once I go back to Canada or if is there any obligation such as this- The five-year sponsorship bar applies. You may not sponsor a foreign national referred to as a spouse, common-law partner, or conjugal partner until you've been a permanent resident for five years.
How did you become a PR? If you were not sponsored by a (previous) spouse, then this bar is not relevant to your case.

Reactions: Cannybabe

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I didn't get sponsored by anyone and became PR via Express Entry System. I understand that this bar doesn't apply to me in that case. Thanks @armoured
That's correct. I should have added that I think you have a bar if you've recently sponsored a spouse (and still have an open commitment to IRCC to support) - which I understand doesn't apply to you, just noting in case of anyone else reading this.

The other thing to note (again, for others): being included on someone else's application as a dependent (spouse or child) does not count as being sponsored.

The bars/limits basically apply here to those who were sponsored as spouses or who have recently sponsored a spouse.