+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Gauti_2023

Mar 10, 2023
Hello all.Need quick help on answering below question on IMM 5669
"Have you or, any of your family members listed in this application, ever:
been refused refugee status, an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de Sélection du Québec [CSQ] or application to the Provincial Nominee Program) or a visitor or temporary resident visa, for Canada or any other country or territory?"

Is this asking for only Principal applicant spousal refusal history or even the Sponsor.I as a sponsor have 1 US visa rejection in past but my spouse doesnt have any refusal history.Should i I select Yes and mention my rejection.Please advise

Xilikon

Apr 26, 2018
Quebec City, Canada
Category........
FAM
Hello all.Need quick help on answering below question on IMM 5669
"Have you or, any of your family members listed in this application, ever:
been refused refugee status, an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de Sélection du Québec [CSQ] or application to the Provincial Nominee Program) or a visitor or temporary resident visa, for Canada or any other country or territory?"

Is this asking for only Principal applicant spousal refusal history or even the Sponsor.I as a sponsor have 1 US visa rejection in past but my spouse doesnt have any refusal history.Should i I select Yes and mention my rejection.Please advise
This question is for the PA so select No. Sponsor refusals has no incidence on the application.

CADragon

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
Hey all,
I am sponsoring my spouse who is in INdia.
I submitted my application online from canada on Jan 1 2023
AOR on Feb 26
Medical March 04
The problem is, me and 2 kids are already in Canada in PR status.
But, medical request again came for my two kids and for my spouse. Is this normal?
Is it a mistake from IRCC side to ask for medicals of kids who are already in PR.
Should I write back to them or should I submit medical for my kids as well.
If I submit medical will ircc ask for passport or copr again for my kids?
Is ircc thinking I am sponsoring 3 persons instead of one? Will this affect my sponsor approval? I am actually sponsoring only my spouse
Please help
@legalfalcon
@Ahmed.Sami
@Flyingfast
1- Make sure that you didn't mistakenly listed your kids as you are going to sponsor them along with your spouse (is it your mistake? and not theirs).
2- (My personal opinion): do the medical for the kids and submit it to avoid delays. After that send a communication using online form and ask them about it.
3- Depends if your application already forwarded to a VO to process it, you may need to send that communication with your questions to that VO (through the online form).
But in any case, make sure to check whether it was your mistake or not. From their side.
I recommend that you list your details in the "January 2023 Spousal Sponsorship" thread

theonegreatone

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
Mumbai
My Wife’s Father is deceased and we don’t know his full birth date, we just know his Birth Year.

what should I put in his birthdate?
We have no documentation for his birthdate, just his death certificate. Please Advice

Flyingfast

Feb 9, 2022
My Wife’s Father is deceased and we don’t know his full birth date, we just know his Birth Year.

what should I put in his birthdate?
We have no documentation for his birthdate, just his death certificate. Please Advice
My wife didn't know her parent's birth and death dates. She provided a letter of explanation with the application. She put **/**/** as the dates. Our application was successful.

Reactions: theonegreatone

Home_13579

Star Member
Nov 28, 2022
is the medical exam for spouse sponsorship immigration and the medical exam for Visitor Visa the same? Could someone please advise? I have a family member that has taken Visitor Visa Medical exam and I'm wondering if Immigration still needs a medical exam again?

2b.or.not.2b

Dec 3, 2018
is the medical exam for spouse sponsorship immigration and the medical exam for Visitor Visa the same? Could someone please advise? I have a family member that has taken Visitor Visa Medical exam and I'm wondering if Immigration still needs a medical exam again?
There is no concept of a medical exam for a canadian TRV.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Whether they are the same or not is irrelevant, really, if they require it. Which they do, I believe.

Note since start of covid they have been waiving for those who are in Canada - I believe. But read the annoucements and instructions.

There is in some cases.

2b.or.not.2b

Dec 3, 2018
Whether they are the same or not is irrelevant, really, if they require it. Which they do, I believe.

Note since start of covid they have been waiving for those who are in Canada - I believe. But read the annoucements and instructions.

There is in some cases.
Except for a study permit there is no requirement of a medical examination for a canadian Visitor aka TRV. If there is an example would really love to know.

CBarr

Star Member
Jul 26, 2020
If the person that did the medical exam was provided with a IME code and the medical exam is still valid at the time of the application (they are valid for 5 years) then there will be no need to do another exam again.

2b.or.not.2b

Dec 3, 2018
If the person that did the medical exam was provided with a IME code and the medical exam is still valid at the time of the application (they are valid for 5 years) then there will be no need to do another exam again.
Another example of wrong\ misleading information. Visitor visa applicant don't have to go for a medical examination. IME stands for Immigrant Medical Examination. Visitor are never ever classified as immigrant. When one applies for a PR then only they are required to undergo a non EDE medical examination. Spousal sponsorship applicant i.e. the PA has to undergo an EDE medical examination. Both these examination have different evaluation criteria.

Reactions: jg6

iamkran

Star Member
Oct 6, 2015
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
App. Filed.......
22-05-2018
Nomination.....
26-04-2018
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
22-10-2015 (upfront)
Interview........
No need
Passport Req..
Upront with application
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2015
LANDED..........
23-12-2015
Factual address where she resides. Noone pays attention to address on passport.
Thanks armoured for your response, I would take this as a common yes that I should apply based on the actual residence address as the passport address would not matter much, since people move frequently while they dont update their passport (and cant update as well).

Thanks again!!

Home_13579

Star Member
Nov 28, 2022
Except for a study permit there is no requirement of a medical examination for a canadian Visitor aka TRV. If there is an example would really love to know.
parents/grandparents visa. A member of my family did a medical exam for this type of visa. Could you please advise if the medical exam for spouse sponsorship immigration is the same as the medical exam for parents/grandparents visa? Thank you!

Home_13579

Star Member
Nov 28, 2022
parents/grandparents visa. A member of my family did a medical exam for this type of visa. Could you please advise if the medical exam for spouse sponsorship immigration is the same as the medical exam for parents/grandparents visa? Thank you!