+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Zee95

Mar 5, 2023
Hello all, I need your help!

I submitted my spouses application in September 2022. She has completed both her biometrics and medicals recently. The VO office in charge of our file is Amman. My question is, last night I received a request for additional information stating:

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents: : > Client Information: Receipt of information from client: - Provide detail on the reason you chose to marry in Lebanon - IMM5532: provide details on how you were introduced/how you met - SPR: Proof of financial resources: source of income

My question is, is this good or bad news? I am worried they were ask for an interview.
Secondly, for the "Receipt of information from Client:" what are they referring to?
Lastly, for the last request IMM5532: provide details on how you were introduced/how you met, must i fill out the entire form again or just provide an answer to the question posed?
Should I respond to these questions through a word doc?
I have already provided pictures (20), hotel reservation for honeymoon, marriage contract. However, on the original form where it asks how did you meet. I simply wrote one sentence. I have now provided a word doc providing more detail on how we met. Is this sufficient you think?

Home_13579

Star Member
Nov 28, 2022
Hi All,
I have an inquiry about imm5533e (document checklist). On this form, the 1st question is:

Information about Previous Examination (to be completed by the sponsor):
The person I am sponsoring was declared as my spouse or partner and was already examined as a non-accompanying dependent when I applied for a permanent resident visa, and did not receive an immigrant visa. (Note: if you have never applied for a permanent resident visa, answer 'No').

Several Years ago, my husband and I applied for PR. It was approved for us both. I came to Canada, while he didn't meet the residency requirement (live in Canada 2 years in a 5-year period) and therefore he renounced his PR status. Now I'm sponsoring him for PR. Should I answer Yes or No to this question?

Last edited:

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Several Years ago, my husband and I applied for PR. It was approved for us both. I came to Canada, while he didn't meet the residency requirement (live in Canada 2 years in a 5-year period) and therefore his PR status expired. Now I'm sponsoring him for PR. Should I answer Yes or No to this question?
What do you mean his PR status 'expired'? PR status does not expire - the card is not the status.

It can only be revoked or renounced. If neither of those has happened, he is still a PR.

Home_13579

Star Member
Nov 28, 2022
What do you mean his PR status 'expired'? PR status does not expire - the card is not the status.

It can only be revoked or renounced. If neither of those has happened, he is still a PR.
He renounced it because he needed to apply for Canadian Visitor Visa to come visit me. Could you please advise how I should answer that question? Thank you.

PMN

Star Member
May 29, 2022
Hi All,

I have a question. I recently got married but my father-in-law is strict and didn't allow us to live together as he would only allow to do so when I take her away and/or bring her to Canada. Now I have asked couple of lawyers and they are all suggesting for me to go back and convince my father in law so i can live together or else my wife sponsorship case will be too weak and be at risk of refusal. The issue is I can't fulfill my father-in-law's requirement as my wife can't come to canada with me until she gets sponsored and her visit visa looks impossible as she has no travel history.

I noticed the option of living together or from my country-specific requirements (rukhsati) as optional but will this make my sponsor a refusal / delays?
Hi, I'm in the same situation. Due to cultural reasons, I didn't live with my husband prior to marriage but that didn't affect our application it's going smoothly. We applied for PR after being married for a month only.

We just had to prove the authenticity of our relationship (we have been together for 7 years prior to getting married), so we gathered photos showing our relationship timeline, tickets of trips we've been to together, etc...

Reactions: rammy

PMN

Star Member
May 29, 2022
Can anybody advise if we need to upload both side of the photograph in Spousal PR online application?
Yes I believe it's both sides to show the stamp, date and signature behind the photo. That's what i did, but let's see other people's experience.

PMN

Star Member
May 29, 2022
Hey everyone, i'm struggling to link my application to the GCKey account. I used every combination, it won't work, however I was able to link it to the PR Tracker. Any advice ?

Now my question is, based on your experience, how necessary is it to link it to GCKey ? And also, is there any chance that IRCC could be trying to contact me via GCKey when my application isn't linked ? Because i do have a GCKey account from my previous visitor visa application.

Thank you.

Home_13579

Star Member
Nov 28, 2022
Hi All,
I have an inquiry about imm5533e (document checklist). On this form, the 1st question is:

The person I am sponsoring was declared as my spouse or partner and was already examined as a non-accompanying dependent when I applied for a permanent resident visa, and did not receive an immigrant visa. (Note: if you have never applied for a permanent resident visa, answer 'No').

Several Years ago, my husband and I applied for PR. It was approved for us both. I came to Canada, while he didn't meet the residency requirement (live in Canada 2 years in a 5-year period) and therefore he renounced his PR status. Now I'm sponsoring him for PR. Should I answer Yes or No to this question?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi All,

I think you're going to need to include a letter of explanation about what happened, and that therefore whether you answer yes or no to this question is less important.

Note: while not formally part of this process, my understanding is that a few cases have been seen where applicnts refused because clearly they do not intend to live in Canada. I'd suggest you address this in your packet, i.e. why your sposue didn't settle before and what has changed to show that he will not settle in Canada.

FK44/P

Mar 8, 2023
My husband is working in his own transport company and doing a part-time job in the security sector (T4). Is it necessary to provide the income statement of T4?

waddup

Star Member
Aug 21, 2015
On the GC Key, the current status shows "your action is required" but i don't see any action to be taken? Medical request came in and we got that done. Is there anything further required or missing anything.

rammy

Nov 7, 2011
Hi, I'm in the same situation. Due to cultural reasons, I didn't live with my husband prior to marriage but that didn't affect our application it's going smoothly. We applied for PR after being married for a month only.

We just had to prove the authenticity of our relationship (we have been together for 7 years prior to getting married), so we gathered photos showing our relationship timeline, tickets of trips we've been to together, etc...
Thank you for the reply, yeah I guess I will just have to build my case stronger my by proving the authenticity of my relationship

Erum.shahzadi

Star Member
Feb 20, 2020
Hi everyone,

My brother applied for his wife's PR on June 2022
Biometrics were completed in September 2022
Medical required and approved in Dec 2022

Until then nothing has come. What is the next steps? Can anyone guide us please.
How long does the passport request take after medical completion?
Should I send an inquiry through web form?

2b.or.not.2b

Dec 3, 2018
Hi everyone,

My brother applied for his wife's PR on June 2022
Biometrics were completed in September 2022
Medical required and approved in Dec 2022

Until then nothing has come. What is the next steps? Can anyone guide us please.
How long does the passport request take after medical completion?
Should I send an inquiry through web form?
Web form inquiry will not get you any relevant information, just a generic reply that the application is under the usual processing standard. It's not unusual to not receive any updates for 2-3 months after medical passed. What is the visa office for this application.