+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

EmmaR

Dec 8, 2017
Hi All,

I'm a Canadian PR living in Canada and my fiancé is on H1B work permit in US .
Is it possible to get married in US and then apply for the Spouse Visa for him in Canada as Outland application?

2b.or.not.2b

Dec 3, 2018
Hi All,

I'm a Canadian PR living in Canada and my fiancé is on H1B work permit in US .
Is it possible to get married in US and then apply for the Spouse Visa for him in Canada as Outland application?
Yes, I don't see any problems in you applying an outland application.

shamly

Jun 15, 2019
Hey all,
I am sponsoring my spouse who is in INdia.
I submitted my application online from canada on Jan 1 2023
AOR on Feb 26
Medical March 04
The problem is, me and 2 kids are already in Canada in PR status.
But, medical request again came for my two kids and for my spouse. Is this normal?
Is it a mistake from IRCC side to ask for medicals of kids who are already in PR.
Should I write back to them or should I submit medical for my kids as well.
If I submit medical will ircc ask for passport or copr again for my kids?
Is ircc thinking I am sponsoring 3 persons instead of one? Will this affect my sponsor approval? I am actually sponsoring only my spouse
Please help
@legalfalcon
@Ahmed.Sami
@Flyingfast

Last edited:

Xilikon

Apr 26, 2018
Quebec City, Canada
Category........
FAM
Hey all,
AOR on Feb 26
Medical March 04
But, medical request again came for my two kids and for my spouse. Is this normal?
Is it a mistake from IRCC side to ask for medicals of kids who are already in PR.
Is ircc thinking I am sponsoring 3 persons instead of one? Will this affect my sponsor approval? I am actually sponsoring only my spouse
Please help
@legalfalcon
This could happen if you included those kids in IMM0008.

Reactions: armoured

Angel.11

Sep 10, 2022
Hello, anyone have any experience regarding sending ADR for proof of financial interdependence? What did you send in case there were no money transfers and was it accepted? Appreciate your response

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks for your response!
And is it legal to get married in US on Visitor visa? He has the H1B but I will be on Visitor visa in US.
Check for the state where you will be going. As far as I'm aware, most or all US states do not require residency, they may have waiting periods between time you apply for license and day you get married. And getting the marriage certificate is another delay, normally.

Note: some states do not do 'marriage certificates' as separate from marriage license (marriage license signed or in county or city level stamped) and that can make it harder to prove you are married. It is a bit easier if the state has a central registry (usually/often called the Secretary of State - but you really do need to check to make sure you have the right document). In contrast, I think all Canadian provinces have a central civil registry.

Reactions: EmmaR

EmmaR

Dec 8, 2017
Check for the state where you will be going. As far as I'm aware, most or all US states do not require residency, they may have waiting periods between time you apply for license and day you get married. And getting the marriage certificate is another delay, normally.

Note: some states do not do 'marriage certificates' as separate from marriage license (marriage license signed or in county or city level stamped) and that can make it harder to prove you are married. It is a bit easier if the state has a central registry (usually/often called the Secretary of State - but you really do need to check to make sure you have the right document). In contrast, I think all Canadian provinces have a central civil registry.
Thanks for your detailed response! Really helpful!

Reactions: armoured

Home_13579

Star Member
Nov 28, 2022
Hi everyone, for IMM 5532 Form (relationship information), do applicants need to sign it electronically, or sign it on the paper form then upload the scanned version?

Thank you!

gholam_1084

Star Member
Jun 20, 2016
Hi,
Thank you for your help in advance.
I'm sponsoring my wife and daughter "in Canada class" (in land) from Ontario. They are on eTA (do not need visa but can stay only 6 months).
My questions are:
1. can they stay longer than 6 months while waiting for PR?
2. Is it enough to mention my child in my wife's application or I need to apply separately for my child?
3. Can my wife apply for open work permit at the same time of PR, or we should wait until the AoR?

Thank you for your help

Last edited:

Fhn2023

Star Member
Jan 8, 2023
Saudi Arabia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
29-12-2022
Doc's Request.
01-03-2023
AOR Received.
02-03-2023
File Transfer...
06-03-2023
Med's Request
06-06-2023
Med's Done....
15-06-2023
Passport Req..
08-09-2023
VISA ISSUED...
14-09-2023
Hi,
Thank you for your help in advance.
I'm sponsoring my wife and daughter "in Canada class" (in land) from Ontario. They are on eTA (do not need visa but can stay only 6 months).
My questions are:
1. can they stay longer than 6 months while waiting for PR?
2. Is it enough to mention my child in my wife's application or I need to apply separately for my child?
3. Can my wife apply for open work permit at the same time of PR, or we should wait until the AoR?

Thank you for your help
1- you can extend your visitor visa just make sure you do it 30 days before it expires

2- both will be in the same application

3- after aor

gholam_1084

Star Member
Jun 20, 2016
Thanks. Is there any post or discussion here about the processing time of inland vs outland recently? is there a big difference?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hey all,
AOR on Feb 26
Medical March 04
Please help
@legalfalcon
@Ahmed.Sami
@Flyingfast
If your children already have a PR status, they would not have been asked to provide a new medical examination. Clarify with IRCC and also make sure that in the form you did indicate that the children were PR.