CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-09-2019
Try calling them one more time and this time provide them with your Official Receipt number (RXXXXXXXX) that you received when you paid the application fee. Ask them to search it with that. Maybe they'll be able to find it with that. If not then you may have to re-apply. I saw some posts here where same thing happened with few other people and they said it was some kind of glitch on IRCC's end.

Karan071091

Star Member
Dec 7, 2022
Try calling them one more time and this time provide them with your Official Receipt number (RXXXXXXXX) that you received when you paid the application fee. Ask them to search it with that. Maybe they'll be able to find it with that. If not then you may have to re-apply. I saw some posts here where same thing happened with few other people and they said it was some kind of glitch on IRCC's end.
I called them.one of representative told me we wrote note for you.can you suggest me I have to wait or what to do

Apr 13, 2020
Hi All,

I am currently in the US and have Canadian PR for which I did soft landing in October 2021. I am married and have a daughter (US Citizen) now. I am looking for options to get visa for my wife and daughter, so that we can plan to relocate to Canada soon. Could you please let me know what are the options I have? Do I need to first get visitor visa for my wife and then apply SOWP once we are in Canada? Is there an option to apply for SOWP or apply for PR sponsorship as we are not in Canada right now?

Really appreciate your response. Thanks!

armaanwadhwa

Jun 30, 2017
I got sponsor approval email on December 19, 2022 but nothing after that. Tracker only shows medicals and biometircs completed.

Any idea what could be the next steps and general timeline now days for Inland?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I am currently in the US and have Canadian PR for which I did soft landing in October 2021. I am married and have a daughter (US Citizen) now. I am looking for options to get visa for my wife and daughter, so that we can plan to relocate to Canada soon.
Your daughter does not need a visa, can simply arrive at the border. Your spouse will either need visa or ETA depending on nationality. Neither will have automatic right to work or health care, etc.

Could you please let me know what are the options I have? Do I need to first get visitor visa for my wife and then apply SOWP once we are in Canada?
Depends on your timeframe. As a PR, you can sponsor them only when you yourself have relocated to Canada. You spouse can ONLY apply for SOWP if she is in Canada and you apply 'inland.' (Even under this procedure SOWP can take many months, i.e. not necessarily much faster than the PR.) So they can come with you and then you apply (from within Canada). If the wife cannot get visa, apply 'outland' and you spend the time apart. If you must have a work permit for spouse, you spend the time apart until she is accepted as PR.

Is there an option to apply for SOWP or apply for PR sponsorship as we are not in Canada right now?
No, there is not.

Reactions: Sankar_DTW_MAA

Samtasharm

Dec 31, 2022
Hi everyone! We applied with outland paper application and received it back today because we did not make the cutoff for paper files. Our lawyer is now filing again online. Could someone please guide me with the steps that will come after we submit online?

Does everyone receive an email confirmation and within a week is what I read in some comments?

Also, after the AOR is when we can create an online portal account, is that correct? Before that with the account you submit the file with - are you able to track any info?

Apr 13, 2020
Your daughter does not need a visa, can simply arrive at the border. Your spouse will either need visa or ETA depending on nationality. Neither will have automatic right to work or health care, etc.

Depends on your timeframe. As a PR, you can sponsor them only when you yourself have relocated to Canada. You spouse can ONLY apply for SOWP if she is in Canada and you apply 'inland.' (Even under this procedure SOWP can take many months, i.e. not necessarily much faster than the PR.) So they can come with you and then you apply (from within Canada). If the wife cannot get visa, apply 'outland' and you spend the time apart. If you must have a work permit for spouse, you spend the time apart until she is accepted as PR.

No, there is not.
Thanks much for your detailed response!

MaryPH

Jan 4, 2023
We applied for spousal sponsorship (outland) and here’s our timeline as of now.

October 26,2022- Application Submitted (Online)
December 17,2022- Received an AOR

We haven’t received medical and biometrics request yet. And we cannot also create an account in the PR tracker but we already have UCI. Does anyone here have the same situation? and what is the update ?

mingdong

Jan 4, 2023
For those of you whose spousal sponsorship files got returned/rejected by IRCC (inland/outland) and you believe the rejection was done incorrectly by IRCC agent, you can write to Deputy Minister of IRCC Christiane Fox at Christiane.Fox@cic.gc.ca and including the following details:

- Name, contact details of the sponsor
- Time and Date of online submission
- Reason for rejection that you believe was wrong (signature missing, info missing, document missing, etc)

Good luck

Reactions: scylla

mingdong

Jan 4, 2023
She isn't just any IRCC officer,this lady is the deputy minister of IRCC second only to Sean Fraser the minister of immigration for Canada.
The Deputy is responsible for operations. Spousal sponsorship is under her watch. Different sources confirm this person takes on and responds to issues with the system.

Ola2j

Star Member
Jun 18, 2019
Hi, @legalfalcon I'd like to know if nominating a family member for Provincial nomination can affect or stop me from sponsoring my spouse and vice-versa.

Last edited: