+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

2b.or.not.2b

Dec 3, 2018
We did not get aor yet.we applied on 11 aug and we got only automated submission email reply email by irrc on 11 August that your file is successfully submitted that’s it
That's exactly why I am telling you to send a copy of the email acknowledging the receipt of application so that they understand that you did send an application but they failed to receive it maybe due to a technical issue. That is the only way as I see it, to establish that you have actually sent an application, or you can send a screenshot of the pr online application portal that shows the application status as submitted with the corresponding date and time of application submission.

Karan071091

Star Member
Dec 7, 2022
That's exactly why I am telling you to send a copy of the email acknowledging the receipt of application so that they understand that you did send an application but they failed to receive it maybe due to a technical issue. That is the only way as I see it, to establish that you have actually sent an application, or you can send a screenshot of the pr online application portal that shows the application status as submitted with the corresponding date and time of application submission.
Ok I will ask them by web forum

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I had added my spouse as a non-accompanying spouse in my PR application.
Our plans have changed now and we would like to both go(with her on a visitor visa & me on PR) to Canada and then apply for her PR inland in the family category. Is this ok?

Is there a chance that the border agent denies entry to my wife even though she has a visitor visa?
If your "PR docs" (eg copr) does not mention her as a family member, you may have an issue entering - she should be okay. The issue is that she should be 'approved' / cleared as your spouse (medical and background) even if she is not entering now as a PR. This all depends on the timing of when you added her to your app. (My understanding is that CBSA officers may not let you formally land if your family situation has changed compared to what is on the copr)

But note, this is NOT a family spnosorship question. Ask in the appropriate forum.

Of course, after you enter and are a PR you can sponsor her. But you should not enter until you are sure that she is fully added to your app, not just you sending the forms to add her.

Whatever you do, you MUST repeat MUST be sure to be truthful about your family situation having changed since you first applied at any interaction. Make sure it is recorded in writing as well, not just verbal. A mistake on this could mean that you would not be able to sponsor her at all - or end up having to unwind / fix this through legal procedures.

Sasha2021

Star Member
Dec 3, 2021
Hi everyone
I've been in Canada for 3 months. And I have been married for 5 years. I am going to apply for spouse sponsorship (outland). Do you think I should apply for visitor visa first?

mmoo

Dec 21, 2022
I am inland and I submitted my application in 2022/Oct/19
As a result, I called IRCC and was informed I had passed all the stages for the PR and my ECAS shows that a decision has been made.
In the new tracker or GCkey nothing shows that my application is still under process.
did any one got the same thing

Grewal1322

Star Member
Dec 19, 2020
I need Attention friends
Like I submitted my spouse file on 20 sept and estimated delivery was 23 sept but it delivered on 2 October , it was paper file , now I am confused that they accepted my paper file or not because as 23 sept they accept only online file , how would I know they accepted or not . It has been 3 months after submission , I didn’t get any single mail , please suggest me
Thanks in advance
Appreciate your help

BCTechy

Jan 18, 2022
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Online - London VO
NOC Code......
n/a
App. Filed.......
12-01-2022
Doc's Request.
04-10-2022
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
28-02-2022
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
01-03-2022
Med's Request
13-03-2022
Med's Done....
23-07-2022
Interview........
n/a
I am inland and I submitted my application in 2022/Oct/19
As a result, I called IRCC and was informed I had passed all the stages for the PR and my ECAS shows that a decision has been made.
In the new tracker or GCkey nothing shows that my application is still under process.
did any one got the same thing
This would mean that your file is now in the queue for virtual landing with either the east or west landing office, if it is approved. That being said, if your file has been processed and approved in 2 months, it would be highly unusual. I would call again to see if IRCC says the same thing. Files are not normally processed that quickly unless there is an issue with the application and they decline it or request more information.

Last edited:

fashiontart

Nov 18, 2021
This would mean that your file is now in the queue for virtual landing with either the east or west landing office, if it is approved. That being said, if your file has been processed and approved in 2 months, it would be highly unusual. I would call again to see if IRCC says the same thing. Files are not normally processed that quickly unless there is an issue with the application and they decline it or request more information.
The Facebook group I follow has MANY people getting their app approved that quickly right now (which quite frankly is slightly infuriating for the rest of us haha). But yes - for some reason, a pile of inland apps are being approved who applied just this fall.

mmoo

Dec 21, 2022
After Contacting The Ircc, I Was Informed That I Had Passed All The Medical, Eligibility, And Background Checks. The Next Step Is To Complete Your Portal Conformation. I Contacted 3 Direct Agents; They Confirmed The Same. tracking pr application THE SAME

Last edited:

pkmtemp

Dec 22, 2022
After Contacting The Ircc, I Was Informed That I Had Passed All The Medical, Eligibility, And Background Checks. The Next Step Is To Complete Your Portal Conformation. I Contacted 3 Direct Agents; They Confirmed The Same. tracking pr application THE SAME
How you are able to contact IRCC agents? Could you please help. I use the IRCC customer support number "18882422100" and after selecting the option with UCI and Application no, it just tells me the details from GCKey and then I select the option to talk to an agent. Every time it says that the queue is full so try again.