+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Yes we made the soft landing together in November 2019. then Corona came , after 8 months we got our PR . But it was already approved in Nov 2019. We got divorced in Nov 2022 by mutual consent. Till this time she was living in Canada since nov 2021.
Then you have nothing to worry about.

Akash Joshi

Dec 4, 2022
Then you have nothing to worry about.
I was just curious that if she still has some grudges against me . Can she email IRCC about any false allegations and try to hamper my PR renewal process. I have tried to find this all over internet and found that as both have separate PR cards so she cannot do anything. There is no concept of sponsorship if PR card already issued. Please let me know if i am correct.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I was just curious that if she still has some grudges against me . Can she email IRCC about any false allegations and try to hamper my PR renewal process. I have tried to find this all over internet and found that as both have separate PR cards so she cannot do anything. There is no concept of sponsorship if PR card already issued. Please let me know if i am correct.
You weren't sponsored so no issues.

Reactions: T0pubo

Paul12

May 10, 2016
Hello Everyone,
I have received email regarding PR confirmation for inland file on Dec/14/2022. i replied same day with email address and confirming i am in Canada.
Right after i replied to that email i got automated message but no details for PR portal or eCOPR
How loan it usually takes to received portal creating details after this confirmation on PR approval email and how does that email looks likes.
Thank you and good luck everyone!

Karan071091

Star Member
Dec 7, 2022
I applied spousal Outland file in august and I called ircc regarding aor but they said we did not receive any file.Anyone goes through this or advise

Sasha2021

Star Member
Dec 3, 2021
Hello guys,
I've been in Canada for 3 months now and I'm a PR. Can I apply for spousal sponsorship now? Or I have to wait for a year from my PR confirmation?
Some say that I have to pay tax for a year before I can apply for my spouse. But there no such a rule in IRCC website.
I'd appreciate your advise

patel.gaurav123

Jul 16, 2021
Hello Everyone,
I have received email regarding PR confirmation for inland file on Dec/14/2022. i replied same day with email address and confirming i am in Canada.
Right after i replied to that email i got automated message but no details for PR portal or eCOPR
How loan it usually takes to received portal creating details after this confirmation on PR approval email and how does that email looks likes.
Thank you and good luck everyone!
1 day to 1 week, if you applied online check online portal, it might be already there

TNBR

Star Member
Jul 28, 2022
App. Filed.......
March 15,2022
Med's Request
August 26,2022
Med's Done....
September 9, 2022
1 day to 1 week, if you applied online check online portal, it might be already there
Recently the timelines have been varying from 1 day to months. I waited almost 2 months for the eCOPR and in some forums there are people still waiting for eCOPR from September so it really varies.

patel.gaurav123

Jul 16, 2021
Recently the timelines have been varying from 1 day to months. I waited almost 2 months for the eCOPR and in some forums there are people still waiting for eCOPR from September so it really varies.
that's true for eCOPR but portal invite usually comes within a week or two

akberfam

Dec 19, 2022
Hi,can someone please help me out with the fees for family class sponsorship?
I am sponsoring my spouse and child as an inland application .
I paid 1230 in total and my application was returned twice citing fees reason.
I am not sure whether to pay 150 or 155 for my child processing fee and whether to include biometric fees for my spouse in this application as had already given biometric for visit visa which are still valid

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello guys,
I've been in Canada for 3 months now and I'm a PR. Can I apply for spousal sponsorship now? Or I have to wait for a year from my PR confirmation?
Some say that I have to pay tax for a year before I can apply for my spouse. But there no such a rule in IRCC website.
I'd appreciate your advise
You can apply as soon as you have the COPR stamped at the airport, technically.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi,can someone please help me out with the fees for family class sponsorship?
I am sponsoring my spouse and child as an inland application .
I paid 1230 in total and my application was returned twice citing fees reason.
I am not sure whether to pay 150 or 155 for my child processing fee and whether to include biometric fees for my spouse in this application as had already given biometric for visit visa which are still valid
https://ircc.canada.ca/english/information/fees/fees.asp#permanent

Biometrics: would suggest you pay even if not needed and worry about getting the biometrics fee back some months from now, since you seem to be having troubles with this.

I leave it as exercise to figure out which of the two below applies.

Sponsor a dependent child
Sponsorship fee ($75) and processing fee ($75)
150(per child)
Include any dependent child
Include any dependent child on an application with your spouse or partner ($155)
155(per child)

Sasha2021

Star Member
Dec 3, 2021
Hi All,

My wife and I applied for Spousal Sponsorship outside Canada in May 2022, currently, the sponsorship application was refused because it was incomplete. However, my wife got a visitor visa and came to canada recently. Now I want to apply for In - Canada Spousal Sponsorship. I guess I need to withdraw my previous application first and re-apply. or can I simply request for a change in circumstances. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Also, Can someone share the procedure to withdraw the complete application or the procedure to request for a change from Outside Canada to In-Canada Sponsorship application
Can I ask how long after your arrival in Canada you applied for sponsorship?
Did you apply for visitor visa before sponsorship?